So Frostmourne was from the other side.

No wonder it was super powerufl, even Felo'melorn didn't last long against it.

This probably puts it as the most powerful artifact weapon? Possibly beyond the warlock ones

Ashbringer still trumped it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    haha, you had to snitch an elf reference

This probably puts it as the most powerful artifact weapon? Possibly beyond the warlock ones
    just being from the other side don't mean it was most powerful, at least how we saw it, apocalypse was stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Ashbringer still trumped it
    Which makes me think somewhere down the patch line we are going to see the Light/Naaru show up in the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Which makes me think somewhere down the patch line we are going to see the Light/Naaru show up in the Shadowlands.
    There are actually multiple Naaru in the Shadowlands currently in the beta.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless there are were some kind of hidden powers frostmourne had which arthas didnt know how to use and that we will learn about in shadowlands, the ranking of frostmourne wont change just because we know where it came from.

Considering Apocalypse for example is a nathrezim weapon, it probably also originates from the shadowlands and it was already much much MUCH more powerful than frostmourne.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-09-19 at 12:29 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

For me, more importantly, is how did Frostmourne happen to find its way to the location Arthas discovered it? I wondered if the similarity between Dreadlords and some of the denizens of the Shadowlands could indicate an ancestry, possibly meaning it was they who brought it through the veil. Pure conjecture of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    No wonder it was super powerufl

Yes, it has been all but confirmed that the helm and sword came from the Shadowlands. It’s been discussed for a while now...

even Felo'melorn didn't last long against it.

...Ohhhhh, THAT’S why you wanted to make this thread.

10+ Year Old Account

In fact the newly reforged Felo'melorn kept up pretty well against Frostmourne. It was used by Kael'thas when he 1 vs 1 against Arthas the Death Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentavius View Post
    For me, more importantly, is how did Frostmourne happen to find its way to the location Arthas discovered it? I wondered if the similarity between Dreadlords and some of the denizens of the Shadowlands could indicate an ancestry, possibly meaning it was they who brought it through the veil. Pure conjecture of course.
    Well it's implied Nerzhul arranged for Arthas to find it. As for how Nerzhul got the blade and the sword, Shadowlands seems poised to explain exactly how. It does seem like the Dreadlords have some connections to the Shadowlands, and they might be heavier hitters than we previously thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Well it's implied Nerzhul arranged for Arthas to find it. As for how Nerzhul got the blade and the sword, Shadowlands seems poised to explain exactly how. It does seem like the Dreadlords have some connections to the Shadowlands, and they might be heavier hitters than we previously thought.
    Hasn't it already been said it was stolen, or at least implied it was stolen by the Natherzim? If that is the case I imagine it was likely used by them to help in the creation of the Scourge, which originally served the Legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Hasn't it already been said it was stolen, or at least implied it was stolen by the Natherzim? If that is the case I imagine it was likely used by them to help in the creation of the Scourge, which originally served the Legion
    So far we know that the blade and helm were made in the Maw, but it's not clear how exactly the Dreadlords were involved. Maybe they stole it, maybe they were given it as part of a bigger plot by its makers. There was some recent lore that hinted at a group of entities manipulating the other cosmic powers for the cause of Death, and I think it's strongly implied to be the Dreadlords, so it could be they brought Frostmourne into the realm of the living as part of some greater plan - for one thing, it gave the power of Death a major foothold on Azeroth (the last Titan) in the form of the Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Unless there are were some kind of hidden powers frostmourne had which arthas didnt know how to use and that we will learn about in shadowlands, the ranking of frostmourne wont change just because we know where it came from.

Considering Apocalypse for example is a nathrezim weapon, it probably also originates from the shadowlands and it was already much much MUCH more powerful than frostmourne.
    now where exactly is it said, shown or even implied that Apocalypse was more powerful than Frostmourne? pretty baseless assumption, especially considering frostmourne got more powerful the more souls it consumed
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    now where exactly is it said, shown or even implied that Apocalypse was more powerful than Frostmourne? pretty baseless assumption, especially considering frostmourne got more powerful the more souls it consumed
    Well based on the Liabrim of the Dead it's certainly the most accomplished weapon for DK's

Each wielder used It to weaken mortal civilizations and leave them vulnerable to conquest by the Burning Legion. Through the creation of plagues and famines, Apocalypse stoked the fires of paranoia. Through acts of murder and betrayal, the weapon drove the Legion's enemies to turn on each other. Even the mere sight of the blade was enough to sap the strength of mortals and cause them to tremble in fear.
    Whenever Apocalypse changed hands, its nathrezim owners would alter and refine it. Through the lessons learned from their conquests, they endowed the blade with new plagues and maledictions. In this way, Apocalypse became a fusion of all the dark arts the nathrezim had at their disposal.
    disguised as one of their own soldiers. He whispered rumors of betrayal In every ear. Inflaming old hatreds and ancient rivalries. All the while, Apocalypse clouded the defenders' ability to reason. They began to fear each other as much as the Legion. In one night of wanton bloodshed. Navane's army went to war with itself. Kathra'natir admired his handiwork from a distance, listening to the symphony of chaos that filled the night. By sunrise, not a single soldier remained to oppose the Legion.
    Many of the city's non-magic users were superstitious, and they viewed spellcasters with thinly veiled unease. Kathra'natir used Apocalypse to inflame these fears. He tainted Dalaran's water supplies and food stores. Gruesome plagues ravaged the city, which the common folk believed had originated from the magi.
    An account of Apocalypse from the journal of Alodi, first Guardian of Tirisfal:
    "In the blade's presence, I am physically weakened. Strange thoughts swim through my mind. Dark things I will not repeat here. The weapon has a way of dredging up fears long forgotten and giving them new life. And these are just some of Its tamer qualities.
    Laith narrowly missed cornering his prey In the small human village of Corwell. He Interrogated the townsfolk, accusing them of conspiring with Aegwynn. Though Corwell's people knew nothing of the Guardian's whereabouts, they succumbed to Apocalypse's influence. Before long, neighbor regarded neighbor with suspicion. Paranoia sank its poisoned fangs Into the quaint village. In a fit of rage, Laith cut down the town elder. The death ignited a wave of violence. Friends and family turned on each other with bare hands, teeth, and whatever else could serve as a weapon.
    Only Laith walked out of that village alive.
    From chapter eight of On Plagues, Curses, and Blights by Royal Historian Archesonus:
    "There is an odd period of history during which we see an increase in disease, famine, and violence. The exact cause of these hardships is unknown. One interesting theory associates them with a nameless horseman who carried a sword of sinister origin.
    "In some legends. this figure rode a pale horse. In others, a black mare with eyes aflame. Wherever the horseman passed, trouble followed. Crops withered. Diseases festered. Innocent folk simply dropped dead. For this reason, the horseman was known by many names: War, Death, Famine, and Pestilence.
    Did such an individual really exist? I think not, Attributing plagues and such to a physical entity was just a means for the people of the time to cope with phenomena beyond their control."
    Aegwynn lured Laith Into a trap, expecting to make short work of her adversary. She had underestimated Apocalypse's true strength. Laith unleashed the blade on the Guardian, draining her life force. None of Aegwynn's spells could shield her from Apocalypse's vampiric power. On the verge of collapse, she screamed a desperate incantation that shattered the connection between Laith and the sword.
    So based on this we can attribute the power of of Apocalypse to Plague spreading Mind Influence, Life force draining and has been called Vampiric and Corrupting.

It's hard to say if Frostmourne and Apocalypse clashed which blade would be stronger but Apocalypse on it's own is the equivalent to the Scourge