Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Garrosh leading the uprising in revendreth?

Granted I haven't played the beta so I don't know the zone's overall story but I think given the fact that revendreth is in a dire haves-and-have-nots type of situation (an afterlife having capitalist classes is totally bizarre to me but w/e), it's very obvious we're going to see an uprising by the "poor" citizens of revendreth against the elite who are hoarding all the anima.

It seems likely to me that Garrosh will likely break out (or be broken out) and lead (or at least greatly assist) the uprising against his torturers, finding his own sort of redemption that way. What do you think?

I strongly believe that he will aid us, I hope he's gonna curve down his rage a little bit for those who had killed him, and understand why we had to do it.
    Although I don't know the role of Kael'thas in this, he seems to be part of the Revendreth campaign, as well as a an dungeon/raid boss, but I'm quite positive that he's gonna be on our side too.
    The evil dude of Revendreth(I couldn't even save his name) is gonna be LK 2.0, he's gathering up Anima for a purpose that I have forgotten(or has yet to be revealed).

If anyone leads any sort of uprising in Revendreth it will be Renathal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Nope, that's not what happens.

Don't even think of seeing Garrosh ingame.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see him redeem himself, but I don't know he seems like a really screwed up guy- big daddy issues, low confidence, hence the massive narcissicm and pride

God I hope not. The Arbiter should have thrown his ass into the Maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we will see him as part of the uprising storyline, but after we deal with the Lord of Revendreth, we may have a free Garrosh rooming around Revendreth, maybe we will see more of him then.

Going Revendreth to free my warchief from torture so they better make Garrosh a main NPC in that place otherwise this afterlives cinematic was just another stab in the back for Horde players.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I don't think we will see him as part of the uprising storyline, but after we deal with the Lord of Revendreth, we may have a free Garrosh rooming around Revendreth, maybe we will see more of him then.
    They could alternatively double down on him being an asshole and have him take advantage of the unrest and turn him into a dictator again or something but I doubt it

I have no idea where you get that idea. If anything I hope we get to help torment him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Doubt we'll actually see him in-game.

W-wait... Why would he even BE IN THE FUCKING SHADOWLANDS?! He died on Draenor????????

Doubtful since he is underground alone in chains with the very people who are benefiting from him as his only contact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    W-wait... Why would he even BE IN THE FUCKING SHADOWLANDS?! He died on Draenor????????
    They already addressed this at blizcon (I think it was...it was early I know that) the shadowlands are not exclusive to anything. They are for everything that lives. Don’t forget we have another night warrior as well in the shadowlands that killed an old god that was on their planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    They could alternatively double down on him being an asshole and have him take advantage of the unrest and turn him into a dictator again or something but I doubt it
    I don't think he will end up as a good guy, i wouldn't be surprise if we got to fight him again (one way or the other)

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Going Revendreth to free my warchief from torture so they better make Garrosh a main NPC in that place otherwise this afterlives cinematic was just another stab in the back for Horde players.
    Let's be real here. He will just be an instrument for Thrall to have a story, just like Draka. Don't get your exceptions high, you will end up disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Granted I haven't played the beta so I don't know the zone's overall story but I think given the fact that revendreth is in a dire haves-and-have-nots type of situation (an afterlife having capitalist classes is totally bizarre to me but w/e), it's very obvious we're going to see an uprising by the "poor" citizens of revendreth against the elite who are hoarding all the anima.

It seems likely to me that Garrosh will likely break out (or be broken out) and lead (or at least greatly assist) the uprising against his torturers, finding his own sort of redemption that way. What do you think?
    It's more of a Communistic Dictatorship than a Capitalistic Class System, since the oppressed Lower/Middle class are forced to "redistribute" the anima they've earned for the "good of Revendreth", but in reality is just hoarded by those in power. But no, Garrosh isn't leading the rebellion. Renathal is the leader, but it's not for the noble intentions you think it is. He's really just doing it because he's mad that he's not part of Denathrius' executive club.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    It's more of a Communistic Dictatorship than a Capitalistic Class System, since the oppressed Lower/Middle class are forced to "redistribute" the anima they've earned for the "good of Revendreth", but in reality is just hoarded by those in power. But no, Garrosh isn't leading the rebellion. Renathal is the leader, but it's not for the noble intentions you think it is. He's really just doing it because he's mad that he's not part of Denathrius' executive club.
    Yeah, because Denathrius would exclude the first Venthyr he created (and basically his right hand) for shits and giggles.

Renathal is doing it because he wants to continue fulfilling Revendreth's purpose and opposed the hoarding, which is why Denathrius had him thrown into the Maw, along with the other Harvesters that dissented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Garrosh will be part of the final raid encounter in Castle Nathria

It's more of a Communistic Dictatorship than a Capitalistic Class System
    The entire point of communism is to not have classes so it's very much not communist

since the oppressed Lower/Middle class are forced to "redistribute" the anima they've earned for the "good of Revendreth", but in reality is just hoarded by those in power.
    Sounds very much like america, a capitalist society. Profit produced by laborers is stolen and hoarded by those at the top