Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not a fan of pure open world games.

The Last of Us was not that cool or fun. I slogged through that game because I felt the need to because everyone was talking about it and it was getting insane praise. I learned my lesson of “if it ain’t fun don’t play it.”
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

3+ Year Old Account
    FnaF is an ok game series, but is often looked down on because kids like it, and the fans are often very toxic

Yoshi's Island sequels are completely ok, but there needs to be a 360 platformer one in the same vein of games like Super Mario Galaxy. The 'main hub' for Yoshi's Wooly World was very close to what a 360 platformer in the series should be like.

Also, Yoshi's New Island was ok, but not great
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-20 at 09:48 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 76 is actually a fun game
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I believe you mean "Outside of Mario kart".

:P
    I legit haven't played a Mario Kart game since I was 6 years old, so I totally forgot about that game
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    SaGa Frontier was very underrated and is one of my top 10 favorite RPG's of all time.

May or may not be an unpopular opinion overall, but I remember a lot of "wait....you actually liked that game?" comments when I discussed it back in the day.
    Agreed. Shame Unlimited SaGa seemed to kill the series in the west.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say it. As pretty as it was, I don't like playing Metal Gear Solid 5. Between managing supplies for building crap or just being able to have weapons/silencers/items in the field, or recruiting npcs with good stats, I find the game too tiring. Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best game in the main series. Revengance is fantastic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Fallout New Vegas is the best in the series, bar none.

This is unpopular? I thought that was the general consensus.

The Borderlands series are boring looter shooters. Fallout 4 wasn't that great. Most Dragon Quest games are more entertaining than most FF games, and Dragon Quest deserves a NA MMO.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Min/maxers and spreadsheet junkies are the real cause of the decline of MMO's. They replaced Fun and uniqueness with bland calculations and crying about balance, leading to widespread homogenizations and "safe" but boring game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.

6 is a superior game.
    You, I like you and your opinion

Zelda: BOTW. Graphically it was nice. But the gameplay was very confusing and makes the game very unenjoyable for new players to the franchise. I literally didn't know where to go or what to do in the game and it required so much googling to figure out where to go next.

WoW after WoTLK: To me the peak of WoW was WoTLK. The classes were all made useful and they had their own flair. It was easy enough to be able to get home and enjoy a few quick heroic runs, but not so easy that you can just bumble your way through it. The lore then was still interesting and the zones were beautiful and believable.

Diablo 2: It wasn't that fun to be honest. The skill tree had a bunch of crap talents to get through before they were any useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    This is unpopular? I thought that was the general consensus.
    Well it depends on what one means. Among diehard fans of the series it's not that an uncommon opinion, even if there are many who prefer 1 or 2, or both. Among the more general fanbase of Fallout, most of whom are Bethesda fans and never played the classic games, it's not the most common of views at all. New Vegas is probably the one game that bridges fans of both "styles" of Fallout and gets points for that, but FO4 would probably be the most popular game of the lot judging by sales.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Well it depends on what one means. Among diehard fans of the series it's not that an uncommon opinion, even if there are many who prefer 1 or 2, or both. Among the more general fanbase of Fallout, most of whom are Bethesda fans and never played the classic games, it's not the most common of views at all. New Vegas is probably the one game that bridges fans of both "styles" of Fallout and gets points for that, but FO4 would probably be the most popular game of the lot judging by sales.
    That's fair. I'm definitely biased by having mostly hardcore fans of fallout as friends. I found it pretty hard to convince myself to finish 4 though. Oh and here's my unpopular opinion:

- Having power armor as a vehicle in fallout 4 was not fun at all.

- Not being able to tell people I didn't want to run any settlements in the base unmodded game was also not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Min/maxers and spreadsheet junkies are the real cause of the decline of MMO's. They replaced Fun and uniqueness with bland calculations and crying about balance, leading to widespread homogenizations and "safe" but boring game mechanics.
    I agree with this. Back in the days with City of Heroes... there wasn't damage meters and no one really cared what damage you did cause there really was no way to calculate it. That made it fun. You can bring anyone and unless you were just horrendously bad, no one would bat an eye at all. There was less FOTM classes and no one cared about which class they were making as long as that was the style of play they were going for.

The Legend Of Zelda, Breath Of The Wild was far to short and easy. The dungeons sucked and they were not a challenge in the least bit. It felt like a chore at times doing the shrines just so I could finally have a weapon that didn't break every 5 seconds. Other than that, I really wanted more when it was done. I hated how stupidly easy the dungeons and everything was.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Witcher 1 > Witcher 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Witcher 2

Yuffie was the best party member in FF7....
    Eiko is the best party member in FF9
    Haru is best girl in Persona 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post

WoW ruined blizzard as a developer
    This is probably correct simply because it sent them down a road they could not veer off of. It created such an ongoing cash cow that it traps creative people into a soap opera formula which guarantees income but is incredibly boring for players and creators. This means that the creative talent starts looking for a less creatively restrictive project. The players that want something deeply stimulating realize that WoW has become "raid or die" which is not good when some of the non raid parts of the game are required and incredibly tedious. Players quit, developers try simple carrot ideas such as mounts, pets and toys but the carrot is meaningless in an ever more anonymous game of LFR, LFD, cross realm zones, and phasing.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion was overrated by a long shot and lost a lot of subscribers because of excessive gear grind.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is only good because of the community.

The entirety of the Zelda franchise is awful. The controls make OoT unplayable and its arguably the best game of the lot.

Nintendo should go back to the roots of Paper Mario and make it more of an RPG compared to the puzzle-solving thing it currently is. Though I admit Origami King is a step in the right direction coming from the last two titles.

Inovating for the sake of inovating is not a good practice in video games.
    Last edited by Chromell; 2020-09-21 at 08:03 AM.