Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Garrosh was an horrible leader. He didn't care about the Horde, he only cared about pure-blooded orcs. He was a tyrant who shattered the Horde with his decisions. He even admitted to Thrall that he wouldn't make for a good Warchief.
    I'm going to argue that that was a change in his personality that was made after Blizzard decided to write him off as a bad guy. Again, top-down decision.

Through WotLK we saw Garrosh being guided by Saurfang and Thrall to act with "honor" and for-thought. In Cataclysm he was still brash and aggressive but there was still plenty of indications that he learned those lessons of honor. I mean, He was still aggressive about Horde expansion, but he didn't condone the killing of children or the use of the plague. He was really being built up into a legitimate Thrall replacement, one that was less diplomatic and more of the "war" in warchief.

Then MoP hits, and it feels like all that get's suddenly gets tossed out. Garrosh is suddenly "win whatever the cost" and "only the strongest have any value;" whatever lessons Saurfang had taught him are 100% forgotten, just like that? okay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I'm going to argue that that was a change in his personality that was made after Blizzard decided to write him off as a bad guy. Again, top-down decision.

Through WotLK we saw Garrosh being guided by Saurfang and Thrall to act with "honor" and for-thought. In Cataclysm he was still brash and aggressive but there was still plenty of indications that he learned those lessons of honor. I mean, He was still aggressive about Horde expansion, but he didn't condone the killing of children or the use of the plague. He was really being built up into a legitimate Thrall replacement, one that was less diplomatic and more of the "war" in warchief.

Then MoP hits, and it feels like all that get's suddenly gets tossed out. Garrosh is suddenly "win whatever the cost" and "only the strongest have any value;" whatever lessons Saurfang had taught him are 100% forgotten, just like that? okay.
    What makes it worse they throw the fact at us that if they didn’t change Garrosh to orc Hitler; he was destined to be one of the greatest warchiefs ever for the horde.

BFA in the words of the writers originated from "We didn't really deliver MoP's faction war message very well, so we decided to do it again". That was what they said at Blizzcon. How did that go?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    BFA in the words of the writers originated from "We didn't really deliver MoP's faction war message very well, so we decided to do it again". That was what they said at Blizzcon. How did that go?
    If they consider BfA a “better MoP” then they fucked up on such a scale that shouldnt even be possible.

I think alot of you guys are over thinking it, I don't disagree entirely with the criticism I just think that the reason is very simple.

How do you expect a good story about war and suffering from people who have never experienced war and never experience real suffering?

So what you're getting is exactly what one would expect from basically middle class calafornian Americans a 3rd hand interpretation of what war is, what suffering is and rightly people see it and read it and it clearly comes across as stale because it is

Thats the simple answer any way

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I think a lot of you guys are over thinking it, I don't disagree entirely with the criticism I just think that the reason is very simple.

How do you expect a good story about war and suffering from people who have never experienced war and never experience real suffering?
    its more "how do you expect a good story about warcraft from people who have never experienced warcraft games and don't know warcraft lore?"

maybe its an exaggeration but i doubt any current dev even played/read about warcraft 3, hell, their mop copy tentative even imply they didn't played mop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    If they consider BfA a “better MoP” then they fucked up on such a scale that shouldnt even be possible.
    well they did said they are vey proud and how amazing the story was, and how it was close but different and full of nuances, and how it was a message delivered better.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like someone with a chip on their shoulders got the power to act out and did so.We see it in companies with bad managers time and time again, once there is no one around to make them stop they go nuts.

Having themes in a story doesn't always mean the story tellers are endorsing those themes.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its more "how do you expect a good story about warcraft from people who have never experienced warcraft games and don't know warcraft lore?"

maybe its an exaggeration but i doubt any current dev even played/read about warcraft 3, hell, their mop copy tentative even imply they didn't played mop

- - - Updated - - -

well they did said they are vey proud and how amazing the story was, and how it was close but different and full of nuances, and how it was a message delivered better.
    Thats just messed up crap. I know others said that 1000 times before but blizz just made so many mistakes that its almost unrealistic. It feels like some crazy satire at this point.

No, he was always horrible. Garrosh literally admitted so himself to Thrall.

He also did condone the killing of civilians. After all, he commanded Sylvanas to invade Gilneas, a neutral kingdom. Very clearly he had no problem waging war on innocent people.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account

He also did condone the killing of civilians. After all, he commanded Sylvanas to invade Gilneas, a neutral kingdom. Very clearly he had no problem waging war on innocent people.
    the alliance generic players, even a diehard void elf/alleria fan have nothing to say about Garrosh, and what is better or not for the horde, in fact, the more you hate more shows how he was good.

He was the best warchief trough cata and was decent until mid mop

I thought Chronicles 3 retconned Sylvanas into invading Gilneas of her own initiative because she was hungry for more bodies to turn into forsaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the alliance generic players, even a diehard void elf/alleria fan have nothing to say about Garrosh, and what is better or not for the horde, in fact, the more you hate more shows how he was good.

He was the best warchief trough cata and was decent until mid mop
    Gilneas invasion kinda feels stupid. I know he is all about “rargh kill, destroy” and smashing it with a club or “atomic club” but Genn was maybe even further from Alliance then blood elfs were when they enlisted into the Horde. He could have allied with Gilneans and have horde worgen. Ffs, Varian hated Genn and it was mutual before they “fixed” it in Wolfheart.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Gilneas invasion kinda feels stupid. I know he is all about “rargh kill, destroy” and smashing it with a club or “atomic club” but Genn was maybe even further from Alliance then blood elfs were when they enlisted into the Horde. He could have allied with Gilneans and have horde worgen. Ffs, Varian hated Genn and it was mutual before they “fixed” it in Wolfheart.
    Guilneas was supposed to be new port for the horde due the strategic position, close to the elves an forsaken and if he conquered that he would potentilly control all the north of Easter kingdoms. But Sylvanas ruined everything plaguebombing the place, despite his order, you can't build on tht shit.

I don't think guilneas would ever join the horde tough, they could be distant to the alliance, but they were not enemies, and of course humans, they generally hate the horde races.

Plus chronicles 3 said Sylvanas also wanted human bodies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If I had to guess, the actual intent of that statement is probably more along the lines of, "We didn't leverage the faction conflict as a consumer facing feature of the expansion, so everyone thought it was just about pandas. So now we've decided to make an expansion that was overtly about a war between the Horde and the Alliance."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    If I had to guess, the actual intent of that statement is probably more along the lines of, "We didn't leverage the faction conflict as a consumer facing feature of the expansion, so everyone thought it was just about pandas. So now we've decided to make an expansion that was overtly about a war between the Horde and the Alliance."
    And they still fucked it up if that was the intent.