Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    To get all my characters geared out and ready to go and do everything on all 4 of them lol.
    You don't need to wait for pre patch to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard made a blue post saying that people need to create 100 threads on MMO-Champion asking about pre-patch before they release it. We're more than a quarter the way there!

The 29th did seem like the obvious date since it would give us 4 weeks of pre patch but they haven't put out the end of season warning for pvp yet. If they did that today would give an 8 day warning tomorrow would be 7.

those have generally been in the 10 day+ range so its possible it could now be the 6th, which would mean a 3 week prepatch. But Blizz has never done less than 4 weeks for a prepatch.

so TLR. who the fuck knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunternation View Post
    Why would that piss PvPers off? Is there anyone at this point that doesnt realize pre-patch/end of season is coming soon?
    Oh, you'd be surprised how many people cling to the word of Blizz without doing any actual thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You don't need to wait for pre patch to do that.
    But I want to as all the classes I chose play infinitely better in the pre-patch like shadow priest and I don't want to level it until the changes are in, I also want to do the new starting area because of all the new transmog on one of my other characters too which has to wait.

Everyone's basis for these dates is a bit silly. Brewfest? The same process that will be squishing item levels in the pre-patch applies to Brewfest loot. PvP season? While unprecedented, they in no way are obligated to give a two week notice on the end of the season. Additionally, this has been the most bonkers season in PvP anyway, thanks to corruption. It's a joke, almost.

So far nothing about Shadowlands seems to be following the usual patterns, so the end of season warning could be one week OR the pre-patch could be 2-3 weeks long.
    “When I became a man I put away childish things,
    including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

I'll stick my neck out and say the 29th because people make lots of assumptions about warnings the Blizzard won't actually give.

I was hoping for the 29th but it looks more like Oct 6th... Anyone hoping for pre patch tomorrow will be disappointed. Heck at this point even the 29th seems kind of like a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I'll stick my neck out and say the 29th because people make lots of assumptions about warnings the Blizzard won't actually give.
    it'll be the 6th of oct

we've already been told (datamined, rather) its a 3 phase prepatch event, meaning 3 weeks. that would take us from the 6th to the 13th to the 20th into shadowlands launch on the 26th.

they aren't going to drop a prepatch in the middle of an event going on either - at least i sure as shit wouldn't

this is literally the most logical conclusion
    Last edited by BlimeyLimey; 2020-09-21 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

Quote Originally Posted by BlimeyLimey View Post
    it'll be the 6th of oct

we've already been told (datamined, rather) its a 3 phase prepatch event, meaning 3 weeks. that would take us from the 6th to the 13th to the 20th into shadowlands launch on the 26th.

they aren't going to drop a prepatch in the middle of an event going on either

its "literally" not, though.

a 3 phase prepatch event doesnt mean that the last week only can last a week. a prepatch can drop in the middle of a mediocre annual event just fine, it won't even affect it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    its "literally" not, though.

a 3 phase prepatch event doesnt mean that the last week only can last a week. a prepatch can drop in the middle of a mediocre annual event just fine, it won't even affect it.
    normally I would agree with you but this is no ordinary prepatch.

Blizzard withholding the prepatch release date is kind of annoying, but also watching people fight over whose guess is better is actually pretty hilarious.

Most of you are missing a very basic truth. Just because something was the case in the past, doesn't mean it will follow the exact same pattern this time around. Yes, if every other prepatch in history was 4 weeks long there are grounds to speculate that it will happen again, but it's not a set in stone plan because of that.

So, what do we learn from this?

That the prepatch may or may not last 4 weeks.

It also may or may not be postponed because of Brewfest and/or Timewalking.

And that it may or may not be announced together with the pvp season ending.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I ask again: if they are planning to release the pre-patch next week, they could have already told us. Because they are set on that date and would release it anyway.

That they haven’t lost a word about pre-patch or PvP season ending soon is quite telling that it won’t be the 29th.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Blizzard: Yeah, BfA was such well-recieved expansion, lets prolong it a little bit more.
    October release of the pre-patch is a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlimeyLimey View Post
    it'll be the 6th of oct

they aren't going to drop a prepatch in the middle of an event going on either - at least i sure as shit wouldn't

Pre-expansion event only has 2 weeks of content, not 3. Also, they're dropping an EXPANSION in the middle of an event (Hallow's End), why wouldn't they drop a pre-patch during the middle of one?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    To get all my characters geared out and ready to go and do everything on all 4 of them lol.
    Whatfor do you need gear? This is more like a gimmick in prepatch.

You will have 3 weeks for that. You can level up from 1 to 50 in probably 3-4 hours. For leveling, you wont need it as i did it on a few non geared chars now and yes, the first quests arent that easy for some specs, but you gear up extremely fast anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Pre-expansion event only has 2 weeks of content, not 3. Also, they're dropping an EXPANSION in the middle of an event (Hallow's End), why wouldn't they drop a pre-patch during the middle of one?
    Exactly what ive been saying, also, people need to stop trying to come up with things to justify their guesses.
    The "2 weeks before pre-patch announcement" thing is a meme, They have, on plenty of occasions, announced it with 8 days (2 weekly resets, announcing on mounday).
    They literally just let out an announcement today, 8 days before the 29th.
    Does that mean it will be on the 29th ? i dont know, could be, could not be.
    Just dont create things to back up your guesses.

Pvp Seasons are still announced to be ending before the prepatch announcement

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...p-ends-july-19

Posted a week before the pre-patch announcement went out, with the exact date of the legion pre-patch.
    Last edited by Shaqthefat; 2020-09-21 at 06:33 PM.

If you check the latest blue-posts, they added some more information.

"Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 4 Ends and the Post-Season Begins
    The gates will soon close on Battle for Azeroth PvP Season 4 with the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch. Don’t worry though, you’ll still be able to take part in competitive PvP in a special post-season, which will end with the launch of the expansion. The new Shadowlands Season 1 will then go live shortly after the launch of Shadowlands.

If you participated in Season 4, to ensure you receive the rewards that you’re due, please keep the following in mind:

Refrain from transferring your character(s) to another realm or faction until after Battle for Azeroth Season 4 has ended.
    Battle for Azeroth Season 4 titles and mounts will be awarded approximately two weeks after the season ends."

I'd say they just gave us the heads-up.. 6th most likely then.