Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I will second that I don't like guitar solos. Just play a lead or shorten the song, I don't often hear a solo that I feel fits the song and wasn't just one the guitarist had laying around in his head and slapped into the track. A great breakdown or slam can easily replace 99% of solos imo.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Touche. Devin is a genius and many music aficionados consider him in high regard.

Someone not knowing about Devin is as good as having no opinion. So I would say among those who do know DT/DTP/SYL, that is not an unpopular opinion.
    Sure...but when the Average opinion is "I don't know who that is"...that's underrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dave Matthews Band is pure garbage
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Progressive Rock peaked in the 80's

7+ Year Old Account
    Nickelback and Creed are 2 of the best bands out there !!

Yoko Ono is the greatest vocalist of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    I can't respect anyone who listens to Five Finger Deathpunch, Disturbed (specially that zionist nutjob of a singer can go fuck himself) etc. pre-chewed fucking garbage that has zero hooks or depth to it. Soundtracks to ride dirtbikes and shotgun beers with the "bros" to.

Also Coldplay is probably the most overrated band on the planet and complete trash.

I symphatize Justin Bieber 100% and I think he gets undeserved hate.

Guitar solos are shit.

I'm really passionate about music and I could never for example date anyone who listens to some top-50 playlist without any deeper thought behind it. Sounds elitist, could very well be, but I don't care.
    >guitar solos are shit

That sentence is the by far worst thing i have ever seen, and i've seen someone get beheaded with a chainsaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most indie/acoustic covers of songs are trash.

Music is the best form it has ever been. The hurdle is often finding what you like.

Hip-hop is the most musical diverse genre right now. There's an insane amount of subgenres that bleed into others.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nickelback is significantly underrated. I would never say they're the bestest thing ever, but it's all very solid pop-rock stuff. Much like a lot of other massive bands, who get way more credit for really no justifiable reason.
    I concur Nickleback is good at what they do. Pop-Rock with enough call back to the Hard Rock days.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Most indie/acoustic covers of songs are trash.

Music is the best form it has ever been. The hurdle is often finding what you like.

Hip-hop is the most musical diverse genre right now. There's an insane amount of subgenres that bleed into others.
    care to give some examples when you say diverse? to me nothing beats metal because you can pretty much mix it with just about anything.
    hip-hop feels kind of rigid in that regard.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryIndex View Post
    Kanye had only one truly great album, and it was graduation. He's been milking the hype ever since. Neurosis are the most innovative metal band of the past 3 decades. Lucy Dacus is the best indie singer songwriter out there.
    I don't know mate...

College Dropout is near perfect and upon repeat listening is only dragged down by the skits, which during the timeframe he is most influenced by, were normal. I would tie Graduation with Dark Twisted and Late Registration. And that's to really say albums like 808 and Heartbreak or Watch the Throne are only slightly less as great.
    I think you just like the sound of Graduation, which is very pop, club music, vs his older music which is more gospel inspired.

Another unpopular opinion (because everyone hates him), Kanye is a genius and one of the greatest artists/producers ever, for any music genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    care to give some examples when you say diverse? to me nothing beats metal because you can pretty much mix it with just about anything.
    hip-hop feels kind of rigid in that regard.
    What do you mean by mix with anything. If you mean instrumentals, I've hard anything from synths to harps.

From vocal styles you have anything from your "mumble"/punk/drill sounds to your melodic, to spoken word.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

just curious. hip-hop is not really a genre/culture i'd assosciate with being diverse.
    so thought i'd ask for clarification in case i'm missing out on some stuff.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Turning WoW's music off or listening to some other music while playing should be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Taylor Swift is great
    Saying a very popular musician is great is not stating an unpopular opinion. You're just doing what millions of other people are doing.

Saying Taylor Swift is a limited singer playing vacuous music and her success only exists because of marketing and daddy buying the record company is an actual unpopular opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    This one won't go over well......

I have never been nor never plan to go to a concert willingly. Live versions of the music I like, mostly sound like hot garbage to me. The volume, crowds and general atmosphere of concerts turns me off so much I'd rather do/participate in almost any other entertainment/art activity than go to one.
    I agree with you.

My own unpopular opinion after googling a couple of his songs is that Devin guy sounds generic as fuck Idk how people in this thread can call him underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Saying a very popular musician is great is not stating an unpopular opinion. You're just doing what millions of other people are doing.

Saying Taylor Swift is a limited singer playing vacuous music and her success only exists because of marketing and daddy buying the record company is an actual unpopular opinion.
    And yet when discussing pop artists on an internet forum you'll get nothing but hipster remarks about how pop artists make vacuous music and then diminish their accomplishments. So yeah. Unpopular opinion stands.

Quote Originally Posted by fenril3 View Post
    I have never understood how most men I know do no like women’s music. If you masculinity prevents you from singing along to Waterloo (ABBA),
    You know that Waterloo is written by 3 guys right? Two of which are the B's in ABBA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So I would say among those who do know DT/DTP/SYL, that is not an unpopular opinion.
    You forgot Punky Bruster! Rock music's finest musical satire!

That's potentially an unpopular opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    And yet when discussing pop artists on an internet forum you'll get nothing but hipster remarks about how pop artists make vacuous music and then diminish their accomplishments. So yeah. Unpopular opinion stands.
    A small random selection of people on an internet forum talking shit about pop artists should not be considered popular opinion.

Furthermore, I didn't make hipster remarks about pop artists. I made mean-spirited comments about Taylor Swift.

Aside from Enter the Sandman, Metallica sucks. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I agree with you.

My own unpopular opinion after googling a couple of his songs is that Devin guy sounds generic as fuck Idk how people in this thread can call him underrated.
    You're going to have to listen to a little more variety in his songs. I'm not just saying that. This is a guy who did this:

And then later did this:

And a variety of other things in between.