Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    Or not into April fool's jokes making it into expansion just to cater to furries and China market
    Oh wow, conspiracy theories that I haven't seen since 2012. You are really bringing back the memories of the children complaining.

Voted mop havent played bfa.

I actually liked warlords to some degree, it had some great zones, great music, and i did enjoy the old school bare and open atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    Or not into April fool's jokes making it into expansion just to cater to furries and China market
    Get over yourself. Taurens and Druids, along with a whole bunch of 'furry' NPC races were in the game since the very beginning...

I voted TBC. Never liked otherworldly spacey aestethics, boring zones (frankly worst zone design in the history of WoW - red desert, purple desert, grey desert, one big marsh... So inspiring...), butchered lore with Illdian/Vashj/Kael turned into cartoon villains. Depressing music, blood elves given to the horde, Dreanei retconned into super hero blue aliens.

Some parts were decent, like Kharazan, but overall it was the worst expansion for me, and I would have most likely quit if not for continuation of Arthas story in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I voted TBC. Never liked otherworldly spacey aestethics, boring zones (frankly worst zone design in the history of WoW - red desert, purple desert, grey desert, one big marsh... So inspiring...), butchered lore with Illdian/Vashj/Kael turned into cartoon villains. Depressing music, blood elves given to the horde, Dreanei retconned into super hero blue aliens.

Some parts were decent, like Kharazan, but overall it was the worst expansion for me, and I would have most likely quit if not for continuation of Arthas story in WotLK.
    Wew, finally someone who has the same unpopular opinion as me. While I wouldn't say TBC was worse than cata, wod and bfa, it's not something I am going to touch again. Totally personal bias, but I didn't enjoy it for various reasons, many among them happen to be what you mentioned. Isle of gank'danas and karazhan was nice though.
    Hell, I was hyped for classic and played on [REDACTED] servers for a while before that, and will continue alternating between retail and classic, but I won't bother with TBC.
    Wrath, however, you can bet your ass I will be jumping into that as well.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

As a big fan of WC3 long before WoW came out, BC was such a letdown lore wise. Seeing Kael'thas and Illidan get hit with the villain bat and the rest of the expansion didn't have much of an overall story.

I did enjoy Sunwell Plateau though.

Come on BfA wasn't that bad. It definitely wasn't as good as Legion, but it also certainly wasn't as bad as WoD.

BfA had a lot of fun content, it just really sucked in the "systems" departement. If it wasn't for Azerite, I am sure BfA would've been among the better received xpacs.

wod was fine my opinion i had really fun time during that expansion. i mostly pvped in wod. from 2014 to 2020 is too long of a wait to get a game fixxed. everything started sucking when legion went live rolled through bfa and now shadowlands is supposed to fix everything.....

so i hope this time around they get it right.

i play a blood elf subtlety rogue if your wondering. started since BC 2005 lvl 1-70 2008, wrath of the lich king (80) 2008 cataclysm max level all the way to bfa 120. part time consistently for 16 years. roughly 310 days played my rogue main.

i started a new style of pvp on my rogue during wod blizzard noticed me and decided to nerf subtlety based on my rotations and combat style. still works but if your not breaking sub than what the hell are you doing? just my opinion i think blizzard communist..
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2020-09-22 at 02:57 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

In hindsight I'd say Classic. It's way too easy and there is no content outside of raiding pretty early on.

Out of the modern ones I'd say BfA. WOD suffered some of the same problems as Classic but the raids were really really good so I can't put it as the worst.

For me it's a toss-up between Cata and MoP. Cata's world content I found to be really lacklustre, it was the most linear questing has ever been, the zones were disjointed and for the most part it felt like Vanilla-zones with a bunch of stuff thrown on top. On the other hand it had some awesome dungeons that kept me entertained for a while.
    MoP did much better with their zones and questing but the dungeons were terrible and locking badge rewards behind a wall of tedious daily quests meant it was the expansion I ditched the quickest and didn't come back until WoD was approaching.

The one YOU didn't like... Holy shit was a dumb question.