Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean the movie did better than star wars in china, so just expect it to come out with english sub titles or dubbed over with English voice actors.

I think they should have started at either the beginning of wow lore or with the favorite arthas/lich king story. The book not WotLK
    Last edited by music49; 2020-09-22 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Just saw it now, he does look great as Arthas! And I heard that story before too, made me like him even more as an actor. lol
    Yeah, same. A likeable dude imo

3+ Year Old Account
    They need to have a Netflix type series show, no way they can explain the history of World of Warcraft in 2 short movies.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most successful Warcraft RTS? The Story of Arthas.

Most successful expansion? The return of Arthas.

Just tell us the Arthas story in the remake. ANd if very successful then you can "prequel" or "sequel"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's not a sequel, it is a reboot. There's a big difference between the two.
    If this is reboot, i just hope they will not make an mess like with original release, which taken to produce 10 years... Or maybe more, i lost count. What i disliked in Warcraft Movie.

SPOILERS! YOU'RE WARNED!

1: That moment, when Garona killed Laine because, he ask her to do it in name of peace. Bullshit when Gul'Dan was still around.
    2: Stormwind should be in ruins, instead still was fine. If this was first war, very poorly captured.
    3: If i good recall, actually Frostwolf clan drinked Mannoroth's blood, but later they regret it and opposed Gul'Dan. So Blackhand exiled them, yet Gul'Dan sended assasins to deal with them. Well here i'm in middle...
    4: Also if i good remember, Medivh wasn't used fel magic right? He was only possesed by Sargeras but still was using arcane? Unless opening Dark Portal required fel from Medivh in MU right?
    5: Also another point, Dark Portal. Another thing what was very poorly captured. Unless in first game which i never played, was builded on Azeroth side.

lich king movie would be the most popular lol sad that chris metzen isn't part of it.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Doubt it. No one is going to put up that kind of money for a relative flop. Yeah, I've heard the "but China loved it!" line.

They need to get away from the orcs vs humans crap and focus on the Arthas story. It's basically Darth Vader in the WoW universe.

According to Sam Raimi, Blizzard's interference was the problem, they just want to make the same Orcs vs Humans crap over and over again.

still i don't get why they don't use the big gun: Arthas

and after a big success of that movie (provided they play their cards right) they can explore whatever era they wish, but objectively the story of WC1 and WC2 is not that interesting and only the die hard warcraft fans are truly into it

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen it twice, & each time, I arrive at the same conclusion - it's ok. I wouldn't pay money to go to a theater, but I'd stream or redbox it. The movie had a big budget, yet we ended up with... "that."

The WoW universe has SO much potential, even more than LOTR I'd say. Imagine if LOTR & HBO style Game of Thrones combined to make a WoW movie. While I'm at it, imagine if they used such a combination of talent/skill/money for Starcraft movies as well. If they just put that kind of love & money into it, they'd have a movie, &/or a series (seasons) almost, if not more popular than Game of Thrones, & Star Wars (ok not as popular as Star Wars, but you get the idea). It'll probably never happen, but I can dream.

I would love to see a new movie, BUT: The whole orcs vs. humans stuff is the most boring part of the lore. The good part onyl started with WC3 maybe.
    WC1 and 2 could have been told in a 5 minute flashback at the start of the movie... also... the orc from the game just look to weird for the normal population. Even in the movie with great cgi they just look.... wrong? Too plastic.

I think the movie should have been made in a more realstic way. You can have musclemountain orcs without making them all look like... well a comic. Wow is a playable comic basically. They did not take the comic from marvel 1:1.

If you want it to have a future, go down the Netflix Castlevania route. Much cheaper to make, so it doesn't need as big an audience to be able to continue.

Why though. Nobody wants a sequel to that shit.

Just do something safe like the Arthas storyline.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

What movies, no ones really going to the movies anymore.

As many others have said before me, a Netflix series would make the most sense. Putting a movie out now would be a guaranteed flop and colossal waste of money and effort.

For the love of god please let it die...needing a "reboot" after just one film speaks volumes.

Things that I hope happen

- A narrated prologue to catch people up on the world but overall it starts with Warcraft 3 and Arthas' fall.

- A more focused story instead of a balanced story between Horde and Alliance.

- Orcs that aren't basically giant sized when compared to humans. Need to tone down their muscles and height a bit. In the original movie it was hard to believe a human could even stand a chance against an orc just based on size.

- Better actors. Travis Fimmel is pretty terrible if you ask me.

- Garona nudity.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Danuser really liked season 8, so...
    I did not need that kind of knowledge etched in my brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing this in the cinemas would be the most epic, chill inducing experience I'd ever have going to the movies, if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    So apparently against all expectations there's sequel coming.

Source: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/wo...ortedly-works/

Thoughts?
    Even if i'm an avid fan that'd definitely watch it i'm not so sure about the first one, it had terrible acting and often felt like... ham. Just ham.

I don't exactly consider myself to have any sort of high standard when it comes to movies either, so i was rather surprised at my own reaction to various scenes:
    - The oddly long waiting behind medivh's barrier comes to mind, and then they just fuck off... it felt so weird
    - The odd garona-lothar moment where he really delivers some of the most jarring dialogue
    - The odd glowy-eyed-asians...
    In the end it had a lot of such weirdness intertwined with some genuine epicness, personally i was deeply disappointed with the way the creation of deadwind pass diverged from its (imo) far better movie version.

But to return to the subject at hand: I'm tentatively excited, whether it is for a new attempt/reboot or for a sequel/prequel whatever.
    Financially it seems like a sound call at any rate, American opinions matter little on the world scale nowadays.

I'd really just rather have an animated series.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    My only complaint regarding the CGI was the orcs' hand size.
    I think the hands needed to be so big because they made the male orcs way too thick and wide.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I think the hands needed to be so big because they made the male orcs way too thick and wide.
    Their hands were even bigger than their own heads hehe.