Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love this, great change.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    World quests are just more convenient dailies though.

Personally all i'd like is to see them have some more coherence with eachother, have it all relate logically around eachother (think, in example, of a supply-line scenario where the horde has various quests about delivering supplies, reinforcing and defending the supply lines while the alliance's focusses on sabotage and raiding and the like, it wouldn't need to dominate a zone or anything but it would allow a cluster of coherent stuff to appear and thus be more sensible/entertaining/immersive)
    They are specifically pandaria's dailies, i.e. the August Celestials and the bonus roll crap. And yeah, also they are sinfully boring.

AB has been trying to replicate the firelands daily quest success for a while now, first with new daily quest hubs, and now with emissaries and world quests. But they are either oblivious to what made them good or extremely determined to do it with minimal possible effort. Either way, another horrible remnant of the post-cata design shift.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you get one guaranteed piece of loot a week from the Vault out of 1-9 options dependent on the content you do and only if you do said content enough to unlock said options, later on in the expansion have to hope it's worthwhile and not a repeat of a previous piece you have from that content and hope that the 3 pieces from each individual group of content lands on a piece you want out of the pool of however many pieces of loot is present within that particular group of content e.g. PvP loot, all raid loot for your class, all loot usable by your class from mythics or you negate all that and choose the cosmetic currency instead whilst also losing the chance to have a random roll on two extra pieces of gear a week and additionally have less gear dropping in raids and Mythic dungeon runs overall.

Yeah I see no issues arising from this at all.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Less loot and no more titanforging/socket RNG is good. Kinda liked bonusrolls though. You could target specific bosses to get an extra chance for that one really good item.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    Ha, I laugh at your misery... I went through all of BC using the Sunbury bow (prince in kara) all the way up til we got the bow from Illidan. We never once in all the raids had a better weapon drop...
    This brings me back. I spent literally all of Wrath with Barricade of Eternity, the Malygos shield. Never in the entire expansion another shield dropped for me and they never added more shields to badge vendors after Justice, which were the same ilvl as BoE. It wasn't until the Cata pre-patch that a shield dropped again. Though by then it felt wrong to replace BoE with some meaningless drop.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2020-09-23 at 12:49 AM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Because getting more powerful is the entire point of the game. Sure it only makes your dailies faster, until Blizzard can figure out how to do hard content (more like Mage tower please), but acting like solo players don't need gear is asinine. The faster a player bottoms out on gearing, the more likely they will be to stop playing. Blizzard is hoping it will encourage them to go into organized stuff, but it hasn't worked in the past and i'll be surprised if it does now.
    What you mean it hasnt worked in the past? Millions of people participate in organized content every week to get better gear.

Seems to be working well to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felldoh View Post
    Getting a +15 in season 1 is going to be very challenging. don't let late expansion key bloat trick you into thinking that +15s are normal. Iirc, in BFA season 1, something like less than 5% of players achieved Keystone Master. If you really are 2,4k rated then you don't have to worry about the majority of the population getting the same ilvl.
    2400 is similar to a current 2800 (with the inflation there is now). Rating inflation usually fluctuates through an xpac as well.

M+15 is no were near as difficult to do as even 2400 at peak inflation. It's a joke. 5% vs under 1%...lol

I'm still confused as to choices in the vault from M+ runs.

Blue post says doing one M15+ will give you three choices of 226 ? I thought you had to do 10 M+ runs ?

If I have to do 10 M+ runs, and I do 4 +4s, 4 +7s and 2 +15s - what loot choices do I get etc ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    What you mean it hasnt worked in the past? Millions of people participate in organized content every week to get better gear.
    Organised content automatically excludes a proportion of people due to the maths of the numbers required.

e.g. Healers and Tanks can do far more M+ content than dps can.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    The reason the number of PVP players at 2.4k is so low is because not everyone likes pillar humping and world of compcraft...
    I mean thats def a part of it.. the larger part is the PVE player base are mostly mechanically terrible players who perform best in mindless repetition of the same tasks

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If I have to do 10 M+ runs, and I do 4 +4s, 4 +7s and 2 +15s - what loot choices do I get etc ?
    If you do 10 or more in total it's based on your highest / 4th highest / 10th highest key done.

In your example, you did 15, 15, 7, 7, 7, 7, 4, 4, 4, 4 so you get 1 choice at +15 ilvl, 1 choice at +7 ilvl and 1 choice at +4 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    If you do 10 or more in total it's based on your highest / 4th highest / 10th highest key done.
    So the incentive to do more than one key is going to be reduced dramatically ... making it even harder for many people to even get one run.

I'd struggle to get more than 1 or 2 runs a week before, not I'm unlikely to even get the one.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

So the incentive to do more than one key is going to be reduced dramatically ... making it even harder for many people to even get one run.
    The incentive to do 1 key is exactly the same as it is now, 1 weekly chest item. Doing more keys gives you more gear options.

I'd struggle to get more than 1 or 2 runs a week before, not I'm unlikely to even get the one.
    If you don't need the gear for anything, and you don't enjoy m+ ... why are you doing them in the first place

and what exactly is the benefit to doing m+ when you get a weekly chest from raiding anyways. Doing M+ for inferior ilvl loot and wasting time or just doing raids for the same "vault" chance to get the same gear as doing M+. Having Raid give Superior Gear and allowing the Vault to give the same ilvl gear as a +14 at the end of the week sort of makes doing M+ pointless after the first week at most.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

I wonder how will this coexist with personal loot itself and its own restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    and what exactly is the benefit to doing m+ when you get a weekly chest from raiding anyways.
    That's one of the problems I see there. Yes you get more options, but the investment also isn't insignificant - especially considering that if you're already raiding mythic, you're doing 10 M+ runs ONLY for three extra loot options that you might not even pick, as the actual drop gear won't even be close to your ilvl. I think a lot of people will simply say you know what, I'll do one M+ to get a 4th option, and screw doing 9 more zero-loot runs just for 2 extra options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    If you don't need the gear for anything, and you don't enjoy m+ ... why are you doing them in the first place
    I do need the gear to be able to higher keys, I do enjoy doing them and would love to do more.

Not sure why you think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I mean thats def a part of it.. the larger part is the PVE player base are mostly mechanically terrible players who perform best in mindless repetition of the same tasks
    Mindless repetition? Running circles around a pillar and late night win trading are pretty repetitive...

5+ Year Old Account
    Bonus rolls were more often just a disappointment. Good riddance.

Great change. Bonus rolls always felt like more of a punishment than a reward. You would either forget to buy tokens, or not get any item, or get an item you didn't want, 9 times out of 10. Maybe you'd get one you wanted, but then it wouldn't titanforge anyways. Screw that system.

So Blizzard is telling people who don't raid super often to go fuck themselves by removing bonus rolls. Shadowlands more and more looks like an absolute shit expansion.