Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    You are thinking of the Diablo universe.

In the Diablo universe, reality is where the forces of hell and heaven duke it out for dominance. Reality is a wrestling ring in Diablo.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is how I spin that: the Void didn't throw the first punch. 3-4 other cosmic forces ganged up on the Void out of nowhere. Spitting out Old Gods and trying to corrupt a Titan is just their way of defending themselves.
    Wrong. The cosmos was created from the clash between Light and Void. Old Gods were created to corrupt a Void titan and consume the cosmos for the Void.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XalAtoh View Post
    It's cosmic wrestling, just because WoW developers need reasons for players to mindless attack and fight each other.

Our real reality (the most logical one) does not resembles anything like this. They have been overusing these concepts many times, in fact, I bet that they going to reuse this construct for Starcraft.

They already have it for Diablo. Angels vs Demons, eternal fight.

Our reality is not always logical.. I dunno what you're thinking.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

yeah, wow is basically marvel and dc at this point. its all about "fundamental cosmic forces", gods and magic realms
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Our reality is not always logical.. I dunno what you're thinking.
    Reality is based on logic.

I mean, if you believe in religion or you're unable to get rid of your emotional/fantasy thoughts from reality, never mind then. Pretend I have never said it.

But if you're more scientific leaning, believe in science, logic, maths and hard facts. Yea, this universe and this whole reality is based on it. Nothing is illogical... just because we don't fully understand what's going around us doesn't mean there is place for religion/fantasy and illogical thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wondered what the intended end goal was of pushing the story in this direction, before Azeroth was just a planet that just happened to unexpectedly interrupt the Burning Legion's march across the universe because of one rogue portal explosion and the story has just been the repercussions from that event. Now every single galactic cosmic force takes such a grand interest in this one dinky planet that all the revelations and source of creation bullshit comes crawling out of the woodwork and reveals the cosmic clusterfuck that has been going on since who knows... and that it might not be what it seems like 50 times ass backwards truth reveals related to even grander retarded designs that we can't possibly comprehend because they weren't even hinted at (or even being planned) at the time they were supposedly occurring/starting.

WoW, the smorgasbord of messed up lore development.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by XalAtoh View Post
    Reality is based on logic.

I mean, if you believe in religion or you're unable to get rid of your emotional/fantasy thoughts from reality, never mind then. Pretend I have never said it.

But if you're more scientific leaning, believe in science, logic, maths and hard facts. Yea, this universe and this whole reality is based on it. Nothing is illogical... just because we don't fully understand what's going around us doesn't mean there is place for religion/fantasy and illogical thinking.
    Your beloved logic dictates the existence of the prime mover, just saying. Logic is the reason religions exist.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Your beloved logic dictates the existence of the prime mover, just saying. Logic is the reason religions exist.
    Yea, religion is a "product" of the human mind. Just like countless other fictional stories.

Human mind is based on logic, despite that human mind can create illogical nonsense. Everything is explainable by logic. Hence why I said the reality is logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wrong. The cosmos was created from the clash between Light and Void. Old Gods were created to corrupt a Void titan and consume the cosmos for the Void.
    Maybe. We haven't heard the Void Lords side of the story. Maybe the dreadlords created the point of view that you gobbled down without question. We all know for a fact that the dreadlords DEFINITELY want you to think exactly as you do.

Maybe. We haven't heard the Void Lords side of the story. Maybe the dreadlords created the point of view that you gobbled down without question. We all know for a fact that the dreadlords DEFINITELY want you to think exactly as you do.
    Do you have to be so condescending? "Gobbled down without question" just because I am telling you what is written in Chronicles? Yikes.

Also, dreadlords are not real. Just wanted to make sure you understand that.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your moral relativism argument is as dumb as saying Sargeras was a good guy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We have Chronicle. We know the Pantheon were aware of, but had yet to take any significant action against the Void. We know that the Old Gods were twisting the world-soul in the planet Sargeras destroyed. At best, it's possible that the nathrezim lied to Sargeras about the goal of the Void Lords, but even that doesn't change the fact that the Old Gods were actively turning a titan to the Void's side.

That datamined book has interesting implications for the story, but this theory that everything is now a dreadlord lie is getting old already.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "Defending itself" Yeah Ima say no.
    You will say yes when Blizzard will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    yeah, wow is basically marvel and dc at this point. its all about "fundamental cosmic forces", gods and magic realms
    It always has been. Metzen was heavy influenced by Marvel and DC when he created the stories, and it became the main drive of the Warcraft lore. "The rule of cool", with superheroes fight against big villains, defines Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    We have Chronicle. We know the Pantheon were aware of, but had yet to take any significant action against the Void. We know that the Old Gods were twisting the world-soul in the planet Sargeras destroyed. At best, it's possible that the nathrezim lied to Sargeras about the goal of the Void Lords, but even that doesn't change the fact that the Old Gods were actively turning a titan to the Void's side.

That datamined book has interesting implications for the story, but this theory that everything is now a dreadlord lie is getting old already.
    the void considered itself at war with several other cosmic forces at once. of course its going to turn a titan soul to help itself if it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley29 View Post
    Is 'Reality' Just a huge cosmic wrestling ring?

If the whole universe is just forces constantly battling each other for dominance does that mean our 'Reality' is just a massive wrestling ring where they can fight it out?

How else could you explain having a planet full of Life, Undead, Void, Light, Demon and Titans?

Azeroth is pretty much full of these products of these realms trying to kill each other.
    Yep, though one in which it all is overseen by the one great lord of everything:

Randy Savage.

I think the bigger issue is the Azeroth is missing form the cosmology chart. Just seems like every major event is linked to Azeroth somehow. Would like the story to keep branching out, I wasn't personally thrilled of the chasm being opened, yet again on Azeroth. But i guess it's called WoW for a reason

10+ Year Old Account
    the void considered itself at war with several other cosmic forces at once. of course its going to turn a titan soul to help itself if it can.
    And again you continue to justify the Void's actions.

Warrior-Magi

Ultimately, the warcraft universe centers around the Holy/Void conflict. There was nothingness, then came light, which swelled and expanded too rapidly. It's life giving, so in the areas where Light grew too thin from such an expanse, the empty pockets - Void - gained sentience and it's own form of life. Since then, Void has sought to rejoin the Light through any means and they've warred for eons.

The other cosmic powers are birthed from this war. Life from the worlds the Light passed over and left, Death from when living beings began to die, Fel from the Twisting Nether- birthed from the chaotic magic pouring out from the clashing of Light and Void. Arcane from the magics radiating from said conflict. Then obviously, the elements from the planets themselves.

So cosmic wrestling match? Ehhhh more like 2 people fighting somehow creating 4 others.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I've always wondered what the intended end goal was of pushing the story in this direction, before Azeroth was just a planet that just happened to unexpectedly interrupt the Burning Legion's march across the universe because of one rogue portal explosion and the story has just been the repercussions from that event. Now every single galactic cosmic force takes such a grand interest in this one dinky planet that all the revelations and source of creation bullshit comes crawling out of the woodwork and reveals the cosmic clusterfuck that has been going on since who knows... and that it might not be what it seems like 50 times ass backwards truth reveals related to even grander retarded designs that we can't possibly comprehend because they weren't even hinted at (or even being planned) at the time they were supposedly occurring/starting.

WoW, the smorgasbord of messed up lore development.
    And before that Azeroth was the name of a human kingdom that had the bad fortune of having an evil mage named Medivh there who summoned monstrous orcs who could summon demons from Hell to destroy the Kingdom because reasons. Kil'jaeden was nothing more than a footnote as Gul'dan's teacher and Sargeras a fallen demonlord that Medivh used to manipulate Gul'dan. Blizz very quietly dropped the Heaven and Hell thing after the first game.

Lore expands, that's mandatory for all fiction stories that aren't finished yet. You seem to be mad about this fact, though, considering your language.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2020-09-23 at 12:00 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Did it? According to what? Does it justify the consumption of worlds and targeting, torturing, and corrupting of unborn titans?