New monitor. What do you think?

I'm gonna buy this monitor:

https://www.pccomponentes.com/lg-27g...ync-compatible

I mostly play WoW, and I've got a good PC. What are your thoughts on this monitor?

Also considering buying this monitor , are there owners of this monitor? does it make sense to pay for Nano IPS?

alternatively what can be said about dell s2721dgf ?

The main question for me , does 144+Hz really make a visible difference? even if the fps in games is much lower. And the main use will be mostly in daily activities like browsing / viewing videos, etc
    Last edited by Rav106; 2020-09-22 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a very good monitor so yes, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rav106 View Post
    The main question for me , does 144+Hz really make a visible difference? even if the fps in games is much lower. And the main use will be mostly in daily activities like browsing / viewing videos, etc
    Yes and no. When I first got a 144Hz monitor I really didn't notice much of a difference at all. But you get used to it, these days it's really noticeable whenever I go back to 60Hz on some other monitor. Simply scrolling on a website feels like it's lagging at 60Hz.

In-game experience obviously doesn't change much if you can't get above 60FPS, personally I find ~90-100FPS to be the limit where I can't notice any lagging anymore, but it varies a bit from game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    It's a very good monitor so yes, go ahead.

Yes and no. When I first got a 144Hz monitor I really didn't notice much of a difference at all. But you get used to it, these days it's really noticeable whenever I go back to 60Hz on some other monitor. Simply scrolling on a website feels like it's lagging at 60Hz.

In-game experience obviously doesn't change much if you can't get above 60FPS, personally I find ~90-100FPS to be the limit where I can't notice any lagging anymore, but it varies a bit from game to game.
    Do I need to activate the G-sync or is it already activated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Do I need to activate the G-sync or is it already activated?
    That monitor is Freesync, not G-sync. Although it is G-sync compatible but it's not quite the same.

Anyways, you probably have to enable the G-sync compatibility somewhere in the Nvidia software.

Which one would you recommend me with g-sync?

Which one would you recommend me with g-sync?
    Says G-sync compatible. Sometimes they work perfect, sometimes they dont really work at all.

I use the Dell S3220DGF and at its current price on UK site can't be beat IMO, better yet if you talk to the reps they'll usually give you a deal

Freesync or Gsync? Which one is better guys?

look here, might be useful. there are a lot of reviews, including the technical part - https://www.rtings.com/monitor/revie...y-usage/gaming

A very cheap monitor with a good panel. Basically if only thing that matters for you is the panel quality this monitor is really good. Downsides - basically everything else: bezels, ergonomics, controls (this might be subjective, but I hate the way LG monitors are controlled), stand and body material quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically there's 2 kinds of Gsync:

1) Gsync compatible, which is basically Freesync, but the flavor that works with Nvidia GPUs. The standard itself is the same, so if the monitor is Gsync compatible that means it also has Freesync.
    2) Gsync Ultimate. Those are monitors that use special hardware designed and supplied by Nvidia. It's better than Freesync but there's obviously a price difference, and it wont work with AMD GPUs. Most newer Gsync Ultimate displays would work as Freesync displays with AMD GPUs, however.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    A very cheap monitor with a good panel. Basically if only thing that matters for you is the panel quality this monitor is really good. Downsides - basically everything else: bezels, ergonomics, controls (this might be subjective, but I hate the way LG monitors are controlled), stand and body material quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically there's 2 kinds of Gsync:

1) Gsync compatible, which is basically Freesync, but the flavor that works with Nvidia GPUs. The standard itself is the same, so if the monitor is Gsync compatible that means it also has Freesync.
    2) Gsync Ultimate. Those are monitors that use special hardware designed and supplied by Nvidia. It's better than Freesync but there's obviously a price difference, and it wont work with AMD GPUs. Most newer Gsync Ultimate displays would work as Freesync displays with AMD GPUs, however.
    There's 3 kinds of Gsync.
    Gsync compatible: A freesync monitor that can communicate with Nvidia GPUs. There might be some problems, such as flickering
    Gsync: Nvidia has tested and validated that there's no problems
    Gsync Ultimate: Nvidia has tested and validated that there's no problems, and it supports HDR

Could you link me a good monitor 27" and REAL g-sync?