52. This poll is closed
  • Single life

19 36.54%
  • Love life

33 63.46%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Single life vs. love life

I used to want nothing more than to have a partner. I thought it would solve all my problems: low confidence, depression, etc.

Now I've come to embrace the single life. I want all my money to myself, to feel rich when I have little. I don't want to deal with the stress of being on time to dates, always trying to please someone, being afraid to lose them, etc.

Single life or love life: which is better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Happiness studies have shown it's the love life sorry bud.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love is better. Your problems sound like you're stuck in superficial mode. Try going deeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with either. I personally prefer doubles.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Up to the person. Studies have shown that married men for example, are healthier and happier married. But the oldest person recorded in modern times to have lived is a french lady who lived to 123. She said one reason she lived so long was getting a divorce when she was young and never remarrying.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    I always had a partner from 18-32, it wasn't until I tried out single life that I realised how much better it was.

I'm happier now than I've even been.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Love life. Been with my partner for 12 years now and we both can't imagine our lives without eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    Love life. Been with my partner for 12 years now and we both can't imagine our lives without eachother.
    Let us hope you dont have to ponder the age old question put forward by Cher.

Do you believe in life after love?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

I've never loved, so I couldn't answer the question other than to note I'm at best content with my single life.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Personally didn't vote because I am a bit too biased in this. I have been single almost my entire life and actually prefer it that way.

Unlike most men I am not a horn dog and generally don't care about sex, I also don't smoke, drink, party or any of that stuff and prefer the quiet lifestyle. The few times I have bothered with actually trying to be with someone it generally turned out bad. I have learned I have bad taste in women. Also learned that the church girls also end up being some of the biggest manipulators.

Might have to do with my location though as I live near Fort Bragg and many people who travel say that the quality of women around here is really bad. Most likely because the base and the increased number of men, the girls don't have to try to much and still get someone. But honestly, I have turned down a few girls and even a 3-way because I honestly just didn't want them. The girls around here generally are the drinking, smoking, party girls with too many of them being very bratty.

But given the options, I am single and don't regret it, especially after seeing what too many have had to deal with and the life style the majority of them want around here.

Might just be me, but I just don't care for the girls I meet around here and I don't want to deal with all the drama they bring and it feels like even the girls in their 30s and 40s act like they are still 14.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Personally didn't vote because I am a bit too biased in this. I have been single almost my entire life and actually prefer it that way.

Unlike most men I am not a horn dog and generally don't care about sex, I also don't smoke, drink, party or any of that stuff and prefer the quiet lifestyle. The few times I have bothered with actually trying to be with someone it generally turned out bad. I have learned I have bad taste in women. Also learned that the church girls also end up being some of the biggest manipulators.

Might have to do with my location though as I live near Fort Bragg and many people who travel say that the quality of women around here is really bad. Most likely because the base and the increased number of men, the girls don't have to try to much and still get someone. But honestly, I have turned down a few girls and even a 3-way because I honestly just didn't want them. The girls around here generally are the drinking, smoking, party girls with too many of them being very bratty.

But given the options, I am single and don't regret it, especially after seeing what too many have had to deal with and the life style the majority of them want around here.

Might just be me, but I just don't care for the girls I meet around here and I don't want to deal with all the drama they bring and it feels like even the girls in their 30s and 40s act like they are still 14.
    So only the girls bring drama, like seriously ?

To me, you are not really different from a 14 year old teen after reading you.

This answer depends on one very important question. Do you love yourself? If not, getting into a relationship will make you emotionally dependent on your partner. You become needy, fearful, make irrational decisions, and don't contribute much to the other persons happiness. If you love yourself, then yeah. The right relationship is awesome. Just don't go into one expecting it to fix all your problems. Relationships are more of an amplifying device. Any baggage you bring into one only gets more pronounced. It works both ways though - anything awesome you have going for you only seems to get better in one.

As for the previous poster ragging on the dude because he doesn't want a high maintenance, high drama partner and can't seem to find one more his style. He's within his rights to feel that way (and he never said anything about guys not being high drama, that's you projecting). It's weird you call him high drama even though he doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs and doesn't sleep around but I guess it's your right to believe want you want too. Though I would suggest he keep looking. They absolutely exist, and I got lucky and found one.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So only the girls bring drama, like seriously ?

To me, you are not really different from a 14 year old teen after reading you.
    Didn't say that only the girls bring drama. Don't put words in my mouth. I said the girls around here seem to bring a lot of it, didn't ever say it was exclusively a womans thing but since I'm not into guys, I really didn't think it was relevant to this.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Single living has little benefit. It's atypical for humans.

I've been a romantic since I was like 5 and any time I've been single, I've been on the lookout for what I was always hoping would be my soul mate. I got lucky, and found her, and after 6 years of dating, we got married. I cannot imagine life without her, and it's because I have my love needs met that I can be as successful and carefree as I am. I wouldn't trade it for the world. She is the single most important thing in my life and I will be irreversibly damaged if anything happens, but it's beyond worth that risk to wake up every day contented.

10+ Year Old Account
    uhm isn't there a thread on this already by mall security?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Some of these replies are very wholesome to read. Happy for all of you who are getting (and giving) the most in your relationships.

Myself? I can't really measure between the two. I'm 28 years old and have been single my entire life, but not because I've been living the "bachelor's" life. I have a history of diagnosed depression, anxiety disorder, eating disorder, and worst of all obsessive compulsive disorder. At this time I can't really imagine a romantic relationship because I'm still trying to cope with myself on a daily basis. I would imagine I'd be a difficult person to be around any significant other. I'm just thankful I have a loving family and a good select group of friends. So for someone in my position, single life isn't necessarily better, but probably just more practical at this point.

I was single for a long time and I've been in a relationship for a long time and we just had our first child. Both have their ups and downs but at this stage in my life I would never want to go back to single life. It would be a cold, meaningless and depressing void. In hindsight, I am happy though that I waited a long time before I started having a serious relationship. I would say late 20s, early 30s is a great time to start getting serious relationships. Before that it's best to enjoy the care free single life, especially during student years.
    Last edited by deepr; 2020-09-25 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I used to want nothing more than to have a partner. I thought it would solve all my problems: low confidence, depression, etc.

Now I've come to embrace the single life. I want all my money to myself, to feel rich when I have little. I don't want to deal with the stress of being on time to dates, always trying to please someone, being afraid to lose them, etc.

Single life or love life: which is better?
    your problem is very typical .

nobody in world could solve your problems for you .

the reason why you cant have stable relationship is because you are not stable yourself. and nobody sane wants someone who they have to fix.

my advice ? look for proffesional help instead trying to find justifiction for your actions online.

being in relationship is milion times better then single life.