Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Sure. But BDO is basically a mobile game disguised as a MMO...
    Having mobile port doesn't make it mobile game.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Pfft, BDO made more money in 5 years than FFXIV throughout all 10 years of its' run.
    Who in their right mind would compare WoW and FF with trash like BDO. You literally can't do anything in this game besides farming. It's a disgrace of a "game", developed only to swindle naive gamers out of their time and hard earned money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i dont seeing this as such a big deal.. maybe in 3+ years. but, more of a love fest for former bliz folks and "what-a, could-a, should-a" mind set. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Having mobile port doesn't make it mobile game.
    I didn't even know it had a mobile port^^
    That makes it even better.

I'am extremly sceptical about these recent "reunions" when industry veterans come out of the woodwork with a perceived mindset that they are gonna save us all from the evil publishers (atleast it seems to me that way underlying when you read between sentences).

Some recent examples include:
    Chris Roberts with Star Citizen.
    Otherside Studios consisting of ex Looking Glass and Ion Storm devs with the Ultima Underworld debacle, System Shock 3
    The behind the scenes rumors of Hardsuit Labs ex Troika working on Vampire the Masquerade 2.
    Beamdog consisting of ex Bioware/Black isle dudes with their controversial remasters of Baldurs Gate/IcewindDale and Siege of Dragonspear.
    Richard Garriott's Portalarium Studio working away on the failure that is Shroud of the Avatar.

And surly some more that i cant think of at the moment.
    Last edited by Lorianus; 2020-09-27 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Who in their right mind would compare WoW and FF with trash like BDO. You literally can't do anything in this game besides farming. It's a disgrace of a "game", developed only to swindle naive gamers out of their time and hard earned money.
    You do know it's PvP game, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I'am extremly sceptical about these recent "reunions" when industry veterans come out of the woodwork with a perceived mindset that they are gonna save us all from the evil publishers (atleast it seems to me that way underlying when you read between sentences).

Some recent examples include:
    Chris Roberts with Star Citizen.
    Otherside Studios consisting of ex Looking Glass and Ion Storm devs with the Ultima Underworld debacle, System Shock 3
    The behind the scenes rumors of Hardsuit Labs ex Troika working on Vampire the Masquerade 2.
    Beamdog consisting of ex Bioware/Black isle dudes with their controversial remasters of Baldurs Gate/IcewindDale and Siege of Dragonspear.
    Richard Garriott's Portalarium Studio working away on the failure that is Shroud of the Avatar.

And surly some more that i cant think of at the moment.
    The point of light with this one is imo that Morhaime actually knows business and how to run a company to bring a game to market. Something most other 'ex-dev' studios seem to suffer from.

That said for me this is a case of "guess I will hear about this in a few years if it turns out to be something"
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The point of light with this one is imo that Morhaime actually knows business and how to run a company to bring a game to market. Something most other 'ex-dev' studios seem to suffer from.

That said for me this is a case of "guess I will hear about this in a few years if it turns out to be something"
    That's my take as well, that the main difference is that this is set up by someone who was running the business side of things and knows how to do it. Plus, for now at least, he is also the only(?) sponsor or at the minimum he is heavily contributing out of his pocket.

Having said all that, I don't expect anything from them for at least 3 years for a single player/co-op game and 5 years for an MMO (if they are even thinking about such a game).

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Read on it instead of spreading false information. Activision merged with Vivendi and became Activision-Blizzard. Activision-Blizzard then later bought themselves out of Vivendi.
    That's what I said, they sold the company to Kotick and stepped down.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    We're likely to see a fresh surge in the popularity of MMO's in general, too, given that a lot more people have free time lately. So there's definitely room for a fresh project to go live and potentially do very well for itself.
    Unlikely. Blizz said countless times they didn't want another MMO and iirc they even hinted as them seeing WoW as a mistake. It just made so much money that they had to deal with that behemoth.
    I don't think they are MMO enthusiasts in any form, i think that was one of the reasons Project Titan morphed into overwatch, a shooter was much easier to handle for them and doesn't suck up everything around it like wow did.
    So i doubt this new company would do an MMO of all things.

BTW
    Today I checked their career openings
    https://www.dreamhaven.com/job-oppor...tform-engineer

https://www.dreamhaven.com/job-opportunities/animator

Are these guys developing shooter? or something like Overwatch?

I was hoping something fantasy themed...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    BTW

Bold of you to assume I wouldnt pay full price for a high fantasy fps in the style and quality of overwatch

With character creation plz, pick a race and class, none of that "buy a chance for this skin" bullshit

There have been fantasy themed first person and third person games before, ie Elder Scrolls, Mount & Blade, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    none of that "buy a chance for this skin" bullshit
    Preach

BTW

It seems they are working on multiple projects
    One is Action Game, second is Tactical Board Game

Different opening on animation with Unity and Mobile experience, mobile animation with third person and first person, ranged and melee combat
    Last edited by Black Rider; 2022-08-11 at 10:25 AM.

Hope they make a new classic WoW style clone mmo!

Quote Originally Posted by ArminVanburkek View Post
    They won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yes. Afaik wasn't Torchlight made by former blizzard employees from that time? It never became the hit people claim it would be.
    same with Hellgate: London which was a flop. Or at least quickly forgotten.
    I actually liked Hellgate, but it definitely needed more work.

Quote Originally Posted by ArminVanburkek View Post
    I'm up for it
    I think they are developing multiple games