Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I don't think shadowlands will end well

I keep reading about this game and I see nothing new. The same M+/Heroic weekly spam and a rep grind or two in-between. Torghast sounds like a weekly chore to gather ash or whatever and I doubt it will be enough to save this game. Not sure where it stands cosmetic wise and how unique these cosmetics are for each class. Legion was the cosmetic expansion but it offered way more than that.

I highly doubt this game will rival naxrammas release or tbc release.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Sounds like an excellent oppertunity for you to stop playing then. Have fun
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

I keep reading about this game and I see nothing new. The same M+/Heroic weekly spam and a rep grind or two in-between. Torghast sounds like a weekly chore to gather ash or whatever and I doubt it will be enough to save this game. Not sure where it stands cosmetic wise and how unique these cosmetics are for each class. Legion was the cosmetic expansion but it offered way more than that.

Here are 4 other "I hate Shadowlands" threads (only from the front page, there were hundreds by now saying all you are saying several times over), we really really really did not need another

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...in-Shadowlands
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lancing-so-far
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...m-is-pointless
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...oycott-the-Maw

I also don't think it will end well, but because of different reasons.

I think it will be a mess because of Legendaries, Covenants and conduits.

But I think it can be enjoyable and fun to play. Just balancing will be hard.

so...the same stuff being in SL is bad,and if they add torghast something pretty much new and by most peoples accounts fun,then..thats also bad,yep blizzard cant win confirmed,i mean what isnt a weekly ''chore''? gearing up every week is a chore,farming mounts and pets weekly is a chore i guess

also naxx and tbc dont launch when sl launces so there is nothing to rival,when naxx launches people will play it unitil it gets old,same with tbc same with sl,but you are kidding yourself if you think naxx or tbc will have more people playing than the current game,first off tbc isnt even popular in the private server scene,and secondly...current wow simply has much much more to offer that attracks people overall: quality of life changes(mount tabs for example),far more challenging endgame,extra activitivities...a TON of people play wow simply to collect stuff like mounts transmog and pets,more complex classes compared to vanila and tbc

personaly i cant wait for tbc,but shadowlands will have to be REALLY bad to make me completly drop it for tbc,and considering i mostly play for raids,i rly doubt it will be bad as thats among the few things blizz never fails at

Meh.... I only play the new expansion to explore the new stuff coming out, do the dugenons so I get to experience them as well se what's on with the lore, then take a long break. Should keep my busy until my ps5 arrives then its gonna be Demon Souls time!

You just figured this out now? They haven't truly "expanded" the game/universe since TBC because everything before these "expansions" become useless and abandoned.

"Expansions" as they are in WoW, are basically season passes to new areas. And when the new shiny thing is announced, the ride's over and you wait to get on the new thing for a ride around.

A true Expansion wouldn't devalue and dismiss everything that came before it, but rather build upon it. Unfortunately, WoW is not the kind of game that is capable of that because it's not a "sandbox" MMO but rather a "themepark" MMO. This is the core reason "themepark" style games are not sustainable nor worth their imposed value anymore.

They also haven't made a decent piece of content that everyone can enjoy since Mists of Pandaria because the game is run by corporate clowns Ion Hazzikostas and J. Allan Brack, the left and right hand meat-puppets of Activision's Blizzard front.

If you don't enjoy, or won't try to enjoy what little there is offered to us, either leave for another MMO or try to make your own fun through RP. They don't care about you/us because they have tons of money and do what they're told to do by the board of directors.

Nothing can "save this game" because nothing has changed or will ever change in leadership and direction. It's all "systems", "we feel x is the direction we're going to take", "less is more" and a dozen other pre-approved responses, courtesy of that piece of trash Hazzikostas.

If you have a fundamental issue with how WoW is being designed in the last 5-10 years (depending on what bothers you), then SL won't be the thing for you.

SL is not the 180° turn some might have hoped for, whether this makes the expansion good or bad is another discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't truly "expanded" the game/universe since TBC

This is just not true at all, they've expanded wow significantly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

lol@people who still think that WoW needs to be 'saved'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    You just figured this out now? They haven't truly "expanded" the game/universe since TBC
    Possibly the dumbest comment I've seen here in the last week or so.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Possibly the dumbest comment I've seen here in the last week or so.
    Please tell me, oh wise one, what is wrong about my post. What have they "expanded" upon as I defined it. Is Outland still relevant? How about the Broken Isles? Or AZEROTH in Shadowlands?

Please tell me, oh wise one, what is wrong about my post. What have they "expanded" upon as I defined it. Is Outland still relevant? How about the Broken Isles? Or AZEROTH in Shadowlands?
    that word you use, it doesnt mean what you think it does

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This is just not true at all, they've expanded wow significantly.
    Yeah not sure how you can look at the Shadowlands and the Cosmic Chart and the Great Old Ones and not say they've expanded.

Since back in TBC WoW lore peaked and ended with the Titans and Sargeras.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    I also don't think it will end well, but because of different reasons.

I think it will be a mess because of Legendaries, Covenants and conduits.

But I think it can be enjoyable and fun to play. Just balancing will be hard.
    Agreed. I can't remember which streamer it was but one of them brought up that Shadowlands rewards you the most when you participate in all of the content (PvE, PvP) and within PvE you get most rewarded when you play Mythic+, Raids, Torghast, dailies/weekly content.

That sounds great initially but then remember that many players are going to feel 'stuck' in suboptimal soulbinds and covenant abilities as they change specs. And remembering that Blizzard also said they want us to be a <covenant><class> as part of our identity.

Those two ideas are in conflict with each other: participating in all of the content + choosing a dominant spec.

I think this is what is going to cause friction in Shadowlands

* What Blizz set up for Shadowlands is: Choose a dominate spec. As an afterthought get some abilities for some other types of content that is ok-ish.

* What players want: Choose a class and let me change my spec/abilities to suit the content I feel like playing right now

ever since lich king people have hated the following xpack

they hated cata..they kept playing
    they hated mist ....they kept playing
    they hated dreanor...they kept playing
    they hated Legion...they kept playing
    they hated BFA...they kept playing

and nor for shadowland they dont like whats comming but you know what...they will continue playting. those that keep saying they dont like what blizz is getting out sound like a broken record playing same boring tune last 10years .do what you keep saying for the past 10years, leave if you dont like it
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

You just figured this out now? They haven't truly "expanded" the game/universe since TBC because everything before these "expansions" become useless and abandoned.

"Expansions" as they are in WoW, are basically season passes to new areas. And when the new shiny thing is announced, the ride's over and you wait to get on the new thing for a ride around.

A true Expansion wouldn't devalue and dismiss everything that came before it, but rather build upon it. Unfortunately, WoW is not the kind of game that is capable of that because it's not a "sandbox" MMO but rather a "themepark" MMO. This is the core reason "themepark" style games are not sustainable nor worth their imposed value anymore.

They also haven't made a decent piece of content that everyone can enjoy since Mists of Pandaria because the game is run by corporate clowns Ion Hazzikostas and J. Allan Brack, the left and right hand meat-puppets of Activision's Blizzard front.

If you don't enjoy, or won't try to enjoy what little there is offered to us, either leave for another MMO or try to make your own fun through RP. They don't care about you/us because they have tons of money and do what they're told to do by the board of directors.

Nothing can "save this game" because nothing has changed or will ever change in leadership and direction. It's all "systems", "we feel x is the direction we're going to take", "less is more" and a dozen other pre-approved responses, courtesy of that piece of trash Hazzikostas.
    And do you still play?

You had to bring Classic into this, didn’t you?

Feels like they kept a lot of content behind to be released in major patches. Shadowlands on release doesn't really feel like a big expansion, we got 4 disjoined leveling zones compared to entire continents we used to get. New features feel lacking but I hope Torghast will turn out to be a lot more fun then I expect. We know that the stories of all covenants would continue through new patches, so we're going to have to get used to long cliffhangers aswell which I always found annoying.

I know that I will still enjoy the freshness of the game for the first month or 2 but I worry about its longevity.

I wonder what the expansion some of these people would be excited about actually look like. Does such a vision even excist?

If you have something groundbreaking in mind, please share it with us as it would be awesome to hear.

Shadowlands right now sounds much much better than anything BfA had to offer... except for the exceptional Main Cities of course.

1 Endgame Zone: something we didn't have in BfA
    Better Classes: i can't even play on the live-realms anymore: i rather level on the ptr than playing one minute more with the crappy classes we have now
    Less RNG on Gear
    4 Different stories based on the convenants
    Total new Leveling system: Pandaria 10-50
    And for the first time i didn't let me spoil the whole expansion; this helps a lot too.

I'm really looking forward for nearly everything.

I see it that they took out the shittiest part of BfA. But we need to see what shadowlands brings. I really hope that 9.1 is not too late and does not bring only such few things that 8.1 brought us. A more legion like patch cycle would be far better than what we had in BfA.