I don't want to pick between fun activities

And that's what covenants are shaping to be. You'll have soul conduits, and you can have several, but if you like more then one endgame activity, (raiding, pvp, m+, torghast etc etc), you won't have enough for all.

The difference in damage or utility between different conduits in different activities be great, that's the whole point of the system after all, meaning if i enjoy being competitive in any of the above i will be in a real detriment. It feels like the days before wotlk's dual speccs, one of my favourite additions to the game that let me pvp and pve on the same char without feeling useless in either. I don't wanna go back.

I don't want this choice. I'll be surprised if any that do more then one competitive activity want it. I think (but cannot be certain) it goes against the majority of players wow attracts, though i know some are fine with it.

Can only say i hope blizz will reconsider before shadowlands ends, because i play wow exactly because a lot of what it has to offer, and choosing between fun activities is not very fun at all.
    Last edited by Amariw; 2020-09-27 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    And that's what covenants are shaping to be. You'll have soul conduits, and you can have several, but if you like more then one endgame activity, (raiding, pvp, m+, torghast etc etc), you won't have enough for all.

The difference in damage or utility between different conduits in different activities be great, that's the whole point of the system after all, meaning if i enjoy being competitive in any of the above i will be in a real detriment.

I don't want this choice. I'll be surprised if any that do more then one competitive activity want it. I think (but cannot cerrain) it goes against the majority of players wow attracts, but i know some are fine with it.

Can only say i hope blizz will reconsider before shadowlands ends, because i play wow exactly because a lot of what it has to offer, and choosing between fun activities is not very fun at all.
    Lets be honest here - there are countless existing threads on page one discussing this exact concern. Just post in one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post

The difference in damage or utility between different conduits in different activities be great, that's the whole point of the system after all, meaning if i enjoy being competitive in any of the above i will be in a real detriment. It feels like the days before wotlk's dual speccs, one of my favourite additions to the game that let me pvp and pve on the same char without feeling useless in either. I don't wanna go back.

I don't want this choice. I'll be surprised if any that do more then one competitive activity want it. I think (but cannot be certain) it goes against the majority of players wow attracts, though i know some are fine with it.

You just need to play more characters. Remember your just reroll the same character again

unless you think you're going to be cutting edge in mythic+, elite pvp, and mythic raiding all at once, you'll be just fine with sticking with 1 covenant.

torghast is not gonna be so difficult that youll be pigeonholed into 1 covenant to clear it lol. you're making up a problem that you've only heard about through exaggerated forum posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    unless you think you're going to be cutting edge in mythic+, elite pvp, and mythic raiding all at once, you'll be just fine with sticking with 1 covenant.

torghast is not gonna be so difficult that youll be pigeonholed into 1 covenant to clear it lol. you're making up a problem that you've only heard about through exaggerated forum posts
    I rarely go into mythic raiding nowdays, but i aim for both gladiator and high (20+) keys, and have achieved both. Is it still an exaggerated problem? More so, even if it was only a slight problem, why cause it at all? Back in classic you could play protection warrior in bgs with little actual penalty, because you'd still gain honor and there was no rating (though much less then from winning). But i can tell you it wasn't very fun. Covenants aren't quite as bad, but if you have only one good pvp specc and you wanted your covenants for something else its not that far either. Why create this obstacle?