10+ Year Old Account

What class will be as simple and effective as Bfa Havok DH?

Good morning MMO Champs.

So I rolled a Ret Paladin for BfA and it was okay. I got to heal a little but mostly played ret. I was having trouble in
    Horrific Visions so the person I bought a run from was a Havok DH. I saw him mow everything down like a hot knife through butter
    so I rolled a Havok DH and I was golden. It was easy to use, mobile and effective.

So Shadowlands is coming out and im looking for a similar class with ease and effectiveness. I am the type of guy who plays the 1 button DPS class and is proud of it.

Is this Havok DH again? Or is there another, easier class for Shadowlands?

Thank you for your help. I just want to hit the road running with a class im going to raid with.

DH is made by blizzard to be idiot proof. That's not going to change

10+ Year Old Account
    You can try BM Hunter, Frost Mage, Havoc DH.
    Just a few that came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    DH is made by blizzard to be idiot proof. That's not going to change
    Pretty much. While there's nuance to some builds that might make it a little bit too much for some people, DH was designed from the ground up to be very easy & satisfying to play.

Stick with it. I quite enjoy my DH alts as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet ill ride into Shadowlands with my DH still.

Thanks everyone

Balance Druid. It’s the most mind numbing and boring spec I’ve played in a very long time. They dumbed it down so much, I think some Vanilla classes were more exciting to play than Boomkin in Shadowlands.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Does frost mage have an easy rotation that does decently well in Shadowlands? I thought they had made it more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Balance Druid. It’s the most mind numbing and boring spec I’ve played in a very long time. They dumbed it down so much, I think some Vanilla classes were more exciting to play than Boomkin in Shadowlands.
    WTF balance has things like multidotting stuff etc. and actually has mechanics, debuffs to track etc. Thats far too difficult for a true havoc player.

Just stick to Havoc. Ret and bm are close im sinplicity but havoc also has excellent mobility, raid utility, aoe stuns etc

Casters, however simple their rotation (and most of them are quite simple), will never be what the OP is looking for because you have to know how to handle movement and it's not something you learn that easily.

Hot knife through butter? Try olive oil.

But yes, Shadowlands Havoc probably.

I mean fury warrior is basically havoc Build spend build spend.
    Paladin as well build build build spend. Aoe spend.
    Most melee classes are pretty similar. Maybe monk is the only one that isnt where you cant repeat a skill and rogue who has multiple ways to spend even on ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    WTF balance has things like multidotting stuff etc. and actually has mechanics, debuffs to track etc. Thats far too difficult for a true havoc player.
    Yeah, but you basically have to pay attention to the screen for 3 times a minute. Perfect for watching telly on the side.
    They utterly dumpstered the spec for no good reason. It's a complete trainwreck.
    Last edited by GringoD; 2020-09-30 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Yeah, but you basically have to pay attention to the screen for 3 times a minute. Perfect for watching telly on the side.
    They utterly dumpstered the spec for no good reason. It's a complete trainwreck.
    And how is that different than before?
    First i think you are exaggerating a bit and second Balance never was a difficult spec.
    The talent which made you look to the screen the most was Starlord which still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmiras View Post
    Does frost mage have an easy rotation that does decently well in Shadowlands? I thought they had made it more complicated.
    With the conduits that force you pretty much into an icelance spam thermal void build? I don't think so. There may be some nuance (as with DH) for the last couple percentage points but I don't see where you could actually show much other than doing your usual flurry+IL combo. If you get the basics it should be easier since you most likely won't play around GS. At least to me that seems alot easier.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Havoc is and always will be the "cool and extremely easy so even 12 years old can feel good about it"-class. Stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    All speccs play like this. Iused to main Feral when it was "the hardest spec" back in WotLk. DPS has gone downhill since then. All you have to do as DPS is open icy-veins and copy the rotation. The only role that has to actually decides stuff mid combat is Healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    You can try BM Hunter, Frost Mage, Havoc DH.
    Just a few that came to mind.
    image to put mage in the same row as bm and havoc what parses do you come from`,50? do you even know the double icelance+blink combos you palyed pre corruption and which you had to execute in mili secs?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post

Just stick to Havoc. Ret and bm are close im sinplicity but havoc also has excellent mobility, raid utility, aoe stuns etc
    hes a giga casual ignore him, balance is one of the harest caster to play and very punishing on movement it has no Teleport or blink like mage and locks if you get a mechanic youre done dps wise, i wont even satr the starlord tracking and cancel aura this casual dont even know that this exist

source: WR 30 Balance druid
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-09-30 at 12:24 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    image to put mage in the same row as bm and havoc what parses do you come from`,50? do you even know the double icelance+blink combos you palyed pre corruption and which you had to execute in mili secs?
    No, I come from below 20.
    Not everybody cares about parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    No, I come from below 20.
    Not everybody cares about parses.
    then dont talk about how a class is palyed if you have no clue, you make your self look like a fool

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    With the conduits that force you pretty much into an icelance spam thermal void build? I don't think so. There may be some nuance (as with DH) for the last couple percentage points but I don't see where you could actually show much other than doing your usual flurry+IL combo. If you get the basics it should be easier since you most likely won't play around GS. At least to me that seems alot easier.
    you play around Frozen Orb with rune of power and thermal void with the IP conduit, you try to get Icy Vains to 1,5 minutes cd to line up with mirrors (1,5 min cd) and chain it
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-09-30 at 12:32 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    then dont talk about how a class is palyed if you have no clue, you make your self look like a fool
    I'm sorry, Did I ask for your opinion? Was I replying to your Thread?
    No.
    If you have nothing better to do, but to insult other peoples opinions on which class a person should try you should re-evaluate your life.