Poll: Do your have the brutosaur mount?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Idk how anyone even gets to a million gold. Most gold I’ve earned myself was 30K or something. Professions are just too boring for me
    They get to a million gold by farming their own materials, not buying everything on the auction house, and selling excess items/materials on the auction house.

There isn't some magical method to getting tons and tons of gold, in reality it's just a matter of being frugal and not blowing all your money on stuff.

I've hovered around a million gold for a couple years now, but I dropped a bit because I wanted to buy character services without spending real life $. All the random mounts that cost hundreds of thousands of gold I've passed on for the most part, with only a few exceptions (namely, the Grand Expedition Yak that I pooled all my gold for in Mists of Pandaria and have never regret purchasing once).

If I want something, I'll work for it and get it because I didn't spend my money on everything else on the way. I'd imagine a good part of the gold people have for this dino are the same thing. But 5 million is a heck of a lot of gold, and not something people can get without really playing the market hard or selling lots of WoW tokens, or grinding to a virtually insane degree.

Personally I level up professions because I think it's fun. I don't make much gold from them. The only time I ever made gold from professions was during WoD with all the daily cooldowns where I was literally printing gold for just logging into my alts daily and turning crap in and pushing a button or two. It's been pretty rare for me to see non-consumable professions (i.e., alchemy, or jewelcrafting and inscription when they were useful) make people gold unless they are just selling items from obscenely rare recipes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    Eventually they will do like they always do and make an eng item that lets you have a mobile ah for a short time.I can wait for that instead of wasting 5 mil
    I mean I don't even need that. Since they boosted the amount of characters per server, I can just mail all my crap to a bank alt made just for this and auction it all together. I don't sit and watch the auction house 24/7 to adjust prices; I don't have the patience for that. I'll adjust the prices every day or two. Frankly, I'm fine with 75% of my items selling instead of 90% (excluding the obscenely expensive/rare items that take weeks to sell, or the ones that are just garbage and probably should be vendored anyways), since I can just relist them until they do sell.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was going for it and had a pretty good grind going, but my server got multiboxxed hard. Every time I logged in, it'd be the same few guys during my only open windows. I just gave up :/
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I was going for it and had a pretty good grind going, but my server got multiboxxed hard. Every time I logged in, it'd be the same few guys during my only open windows. I just gave up :/
    I'm lost as to what you mean by this, to be honest. Were there specific things you were grinding and just gave up? Because I mean there are other methods to make gold than grinding mobs or whatnot, and I would hate to grind millions of gold that way personally.

Nope. Don't have the gold for it and I don't care for it aesthetically. Also, if I'm spending 5 million on a mount, the very least that mount can do is fly.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    And yet you are using an alt account to make this statement so I don't know what to tell you.
    Ngl it didn't even occur to me that people would assume alt account instead of new member. It does make sense tho.

Time is money, friend.

This mount is a scam as far as I’m concerned.
    $300 spent on a decent dinner with memories to last a life time is priceless but throwing this money on a mount that will collect dust inside a mountain of mounts is just an act of irresponsible, childish behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Idk how anyone even gets to a million gold. Most gold I’ve earned myself was 30K or something. Professions are just too boring for me
    I made most of my gold in WoD and Legion basically by logging on and pressing a button each day. Those gold missions really add up! With a notable exception of selling bee mount jellies, I haven't made much money this expansion. I wasn't going to buy the brutosaur mount until I counted up the amount of gold I had accumulated among all my characters and realized I had enough gold to pay for about 25 years worth of subscription time so I figured, why not?

I have a million more then I need but I spent 4 expansions building my wealth. It's just too painful to get.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I'm lost as to what you mean by this, to be honest. Were there specific things you were grinding and just gave up? Because I mean there are other methods to make gold than grinding mobs or whatnot, and I would hate to grind millions of gold that way personally.
    I suppose I could grind raids or kill mobs for hours, but most of my alts are for mount/transmog farming.

On my server, it was more profitable to sell potions or herbs. Mostly herbs. I would sell a mix of whichever was better at the time, plus drops from raids/dungeons. That came to a halt when it was impossible to compete with multiboxxers for herbs. No herbs to pick (they kept disappearing), so I could only buy them and that was more expensive than what the potions could sell for. Even when I had herbs to sell, they never did when I got drowned out by hundreds of stacks out of nowhere from one/two players.

Transmog/mounts/pets were a huge hit and miss. People who centered on that would undercut/flood your entry constantly, meanwhile very few people actually bought anything. It sucked.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

i rather buy multiple things then one big ticket item
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

I started farming at 3 months to go had about 3mil already. Got enough for mine and one for my wife after about 2 months. Used gold i had to get more accounts for multibox and that was so worth it lol. 50-75k an hour using my scroll wheel on the mouse xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the mount and I'm very pleased with it. I just like that it's a different and useful mount. I may not ride it 24/7 but I don't mind that, it's a great looking mount which has been seeing a lot of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    how can it be a useless mount when it actually is usable for something O.o
    Well, as far as I'm concerned access to the AH is absolutely free and not at all inconvenient to get to. I'll never have to pay for any products available with Bnet balance ever again (and haven't paid a sub since the token was introduced), and yet I still don't even have the Expedition Yak because I think it's useless. It doesn't even cost as much as a single token. I think it's pretty hilarious that Blizzard just combines two things we get for free (a mount + access to an NPC) and people fork over large sums of gold for them. Now, if you want the mount because you really like it from a cosmetic standpoint, then go for it.

I managed to grind and save my way to 4 million before the druid multiboxer swarm arrived and the market tanked. My friend decided to bail me out for the last remaining amount.

I'm a big dinosaur fan, and wanted it since it was datamined. I also hate having to constantly go back to old capitals to use the AH. So I'll be getting quite a bit of use out of it. I don't regret it one bit. Now that I earned the gold once, I'm confident I'll be able to get there again.1

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Eeek, imagine admitting to something like this with one's character and server on display...
    Except i deleted the account of that character, late last year so your point now about that is irrelevant.

Good one m8, really should think before you draw to conclusions fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    This mount is a scam as far as I’m concerned.
    $300 spent on a decent dinner with memories to last a life time is priceless but throwing this money on a mount that will collect dust inside a mountain of mounts is just an act of irresponsible, childish behavior.
    Yeah, anyone who spends currency, whether real or in-game, on things I don't spend currency on is just acting childishly. It is impossible they just have enough resources that it's no big deal and/or they value things differently than I do.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgrock View Post
    Ngl it didn't even occur to me that people would assume alt account instead of new member. It does make sense tho.

Time is money, friend.
    The way you are posting makes it obvious that you've been here for years. No offense. I don't care personally, all I know is that you made an alt account to hide the fact you spent money on this mount. I don't really think it's worth making an alt account to hide things over, personally. That's not something to be ashamed of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I suppose I could grind raids or kill mobs for hours, but most of my alts are for mount/transmog farming.

On my server, it was more profitable to sell potions or herbs. Mostly herbs. I would sell a mix of whichever was better at the time, plus drops from raids/dungeons. That came to a halt when it was impossible to compete with multiboxxers for herbs. No herbs to pick (they kept disappearing), so I could only buy them and that was more expensive than what the potions could sell for. Even when I had herbs to sell, they never did when I got drowned out by hundreds of stacks out of nowhere from one/two players.

Transmog/mounts/pets were a huge hit and miss. People who centered on that would undercut/flood your entry constantly, meanwhile very few people actually bought anything. It sucked.
    Yeah, tons of sellers and not many buyers, because everyone dreams of owning this awful mount. I hate what they did with the mount just because of what it did to the market, honestly.

Got it. Now I'm poor.

Funny thing is I could've easily bought it at the start of BfA, but I decided to take a year long break from the game after the total burnout from Legion going after all the Paragon Cache mounts doing 30+k WQs... and for some reason I spent all my gold on WoW Tokens [back when they were 350k'ish], capping out on Battle.net balance at €250 and 20 WoW Tokens to spare in my bags... spending around 12m gold... x.x;
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-10-03 at 02:09 AM.

I gave up pretty fast. Even if I put all my gold together on both factions leaving me destitute I wouldn't even get halfway.

I settled on upgrading the bank alts' capacity. Vulpera + 32 slot bags + all 30 slots in the bank is plenty ever since they compacted mats to be 200 per slot and gave them their own reagent bank tab.

I am mostly sad that it's not like the yaks and mammoths where I could get a longboi mount for the sake of longboi-ness minus the bells and whistles. Best I can get is the pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Already did. The portable AH is very convenient. I'd says it is worth it. I'm not a fan of the mount itself though, too intrusive.