Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

shadowlands prepatch event could hit new record unless delayed also

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317888/...w-pre-patch-an

looking at article above they have varied lengths of 4 to 8 weeks, will today's players tolerate a 8 week or longer prepatch? i believe...no, making me think the prepatch may need delayed also

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post

looking at article above they have varied lengths of 4 to 8 weeks, will today's players tolerate a 8 week or longer prepatch? i believe...no, making me think the prepatch may need delayed also
    Of course they would tolerate it.

Delaying prepatch would be worse. At absolute least we have new levelling and new talents/specs to play with in current dungeons/raids. It's kinda like an 8.3.5 patch.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the prepatch won't be delayed. if it was they wouldn't have given that date. I know you could say "oh but they did the same with the expansion release date" however they announced the expansion release on August 28 - 2 months before it was meant to come out. big difference between that and announcing a prepatch release date 2 weeks in advance so they are definitely ready for that at least

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    Delaying prepatch would be worse. At absolute least we have new levelling and new talents/specs to play with in current dungeons/raids. It's kinda like an 8.3.5 patch.
    the fun part will be classes that could change every week in some way. interesting tgimes.

will today's players tolerate a 8 week or longer prepatch? i believe...no, making me think the prepatch may need delayed also
    Both returning and current players would rather prepatch with new talents and pre-expansion content than literally the same thing they have had for all of 2020. Worst case scenario you play pre-patch, let the sub drop and then resub when the expansion launches.. That is what I will do.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

what new talents would a level 120 have squished to 50? you can't level past 50 to access SL talents

classes have severe balancing issues, bugs, etc may have those on prepatch

on BFA prepatch, after blizz ganked art wpn, classes were gimped, it affected running Legion raids, the nerf even affected running previous content, 110 hunter i had that could clear WOD HFC raid solo on normal could no longer get past first part due to lack of damage, and could not even get past first part on LFR. cannons were getting destroyed. i did not die, but failed the first event with out a second player, once blizz did a slight buff, i could do LFR but still not normal.

prepatch proved how severe the squish was, and how much power was robbed on rental power removal. a excessively long prepatch capped at 50 will do nothing in practicing for SL when the rental systems return

prepatch for SL removes corruption power, deactivates BFA systems
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-10-04 at 02:42 AM.

Lol, players might whine, but not like they're going to not be playing the expansion depending on the prepatch length...

No, it won’t be delayed - they clearly know the time scale they’re working with now. It’s coming in two parts anyway - 9.0.1 and then 9.0.2.

There’s enough system changes and pre-launch stuff going on to keep people occupied anyway.

this must be your first prepatch or something....the prepatch will be filled with craziness and players always deal with it for as long as needed

1. most prepatches were 4 weeks yeah

2. "Will todays players tolerate an 8 week or longer prepatch"
    Yeah? Prepatch is fine, its better then 8 weeks of BFA, cause we get new stuff to work torwards, new systems, etc.

I doubt it will be 8 weeks, or even more.
    Likely will be mid to late novemeber prepatch.

For it to be 8 weeks it would need to be december.

- - - Updated - - -

what new talents would a level 120 have squished to 50? you can't level past 50 to access SL talents
    prepatch for SL removes corruption power, deactivates BFA systems
    there is new talents.. you realize a lot of old talents are become baseline and new talents in their place right?
    Also it literally only deactivates corruption... thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    this must be your first prepatch or something....the prepatch will be filled with craziness and players always deal with it for as long as needed
    players did not want to deal with WOTLK prepatch scourge invasion, the tears rolled, players did not want to deal with and bent blizzard at the knee to shorten/cut it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. most prepatches were 4 weeks yeah

2. "Will todays players tolerate an 8 week or longer prepatch"
    Yeah? Prepatch is fine, its better then 8 weeks of BFA, cause we get new stuff to work torwards, new systems, etc.

I doubt it will be 8 weeks, or even more.
    Likely will be mid to late novemeber prepatch.

For it to be 8 weeks it would need to be december.

- - - Updated - - -

there is new talents.. you realize a lot of old talents are become baseline and new talents in their place right?
    Also it literally only deactivates corruption... thats it.
    wow, baffled how i would play my outlaw rogue with poisons and other few items that i lost in WOD, Legion, and BFA

Well I've been Unsubbed since I got the alpaca. I'll come back when we get a new release date, probably a week before the actual release to do all the pre-patch stuff, which I hear isn't much, rarely is anyways.

I don't think it will be delayed.The reason for this is this,There is nothing to do in the prepatch to he honest .You get a couple a quests that take you to ice crown and a hand full of dailies .A new world boss and rares out in ice crown and that is about it.Oh and the stupidly nerfed scourge invasion.

If they have to delay that we have problems lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    I don't think it will be delayed.The reason for this is this,There is nothing to do in the prepatch to he honest .You get a couple a quests that take you to ice crown and a hand full of dailies .A new world boss and rares out in ice crown and that is about it.Oh and the stupidly nerfed scourge invasion.

If they have to delay that we have problems lol
    Pretty much If you're not interested in levelling or trying out the new class changes, there's really not much to the prepatch, and certainly not a lot that can go wrong, riiiiight?

I'm looking forward to 1 or 2 raids max of clearing Nya'lotha again just to try the new class changes out, followed by another X weeks of chilling & not playing the game at all besides logging on daily to check the BMAH. Fun times ahead. Still, a longer wait definitely beats having a shit expansion launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Pretty much If you're not interested in levelling or trying out the new class changes, there's really not much to the prepatch, and certainly not a lot that can go wrong, riiiiight?

I'm looking forward to 1 or 2 raids max of clearing Nya'lotha again just to try the new class changes out, followed by another X weeks of chilling & not playing the game at all besides logging on daily to check the BMAH. Fun times ahead. Still, a longer wait definitely beats having a shit expansion launch.
    Oh no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe we are going to see a 5-9 week prepatch. 5 would be ideal if the game is ready, but they may end up delaying it all the way till the middle of December.

Shadowlands launches

November 17th- Mythic raid opens December 8th. Plenty of time for bug fixes and the raid to start before holidays.

November 24th- Mythic raid opens December 15th. This is the most unlikely to me. I dont think they want to start season 1 with only 10 days till Christmas. Devs stop working around the 19th or the 20th of December too.

December 1st- Mythic raid opens January 12th. This is more likely than November 24th to me, but will players be okay waiting 6 weeks for Season 1 to start. I doubt it.

December 8th- Mythic raid opens January 12th. This is my best bet on the actual release date. 8 weeks of prepatch and 5 weeks of no Season 1 or raid.

December 15th- Last possible date for SL in 2020. Cutting it close to the wire. Leaves at most a week to bug fix before employees go on Christmas break. 4 weeks no raid.

The most ideal for me would be December 8th. Guessing they would announce the new date at the beginning of November. I managed to get my vacation time refunded, but they need to announce the new date at least a month out or I wont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I believe we are going to see a 5-9 week prepatch. 5 would be ideal if the game is ready, but they may end up delaying it all the way till the middle of December.

Shadowlands launches

November 17th- Mythic raid opens December 8th. Plenty of time for bug fixes and the raid to start before holidays.

November 24th- Mythic raid opens December 15th. This is the most unlikely to me. I dont think they want to start season 1 with only 10 days till Christmas. Devs stop working around the 19th or the 20th of December too.

December 1st- Mythic raid opens January 12th. This is more likely than November 24th to me, but will players be okay waiting 6 weeks for Season 1 to start. I doubt it.

December 8th- Mythic raid opens January 12th. This is my best bet on the actual release date. 8 weeks of prepatch and 5 weeks of no Season 1 or raid.

December 15th- Last possible date for SL in 2020. Cutting it close to the wire. Leaves at most a week to bug fix before employees go on Christmas break. 4 weeks no raid.

The most ideal for me would be December 8th. Guessing they would announce the new date at the beginning of November. I managed to get my vacation time refunded, but they need to announce the new date at least a month out or I wont get it.
    november 24th

they are more likely to delay the raid release

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    november 24th

they are more likely to delay the raid release
    You think they're going to release the expansion 2 days before a major American holiday? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    You think they're going to release the expansion 2 days before a major American holiday? Really?
    You do realize the game in general released on Nov 23rd, 2004. Right before Thanksgiving. Not unheard of that they do it again.