Thread: Genshin Impact

Page 6 of 627 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm having a hard time getting into the combat. Other than that, it seems like an okay game.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    So is there multiplayer or not really?
    It's there but it's limited, you can not do quests co-op and you can not interact with your friend's world. You can complete challenges with friends but that's about it. it's mostly useful for doing domains but you still need the resin to get the reward.

- - - Updated - - -

I fought a giant wolf boss today so that was exciting. I honestly wasn't sure what I was getting into when I challenged it but I played it safe with my range characters and eventually took it down so that was fun.

Can't believe how fast people are levelling their AR, do they just play non-stop or is their a trick I'm unaware of?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't know what lies in the future for this game but I'm over that myth that F2P can't exist without P2W mechanics.
    Plenty of F2P games exist without P2W mechanics though. So I have zero idea what you are even talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So, this game is really really good, but I'm confused.

Why are there playable male characters??? Does anyone actually play them?
    All my Female friends playing the game are constantly complaining they keep getting Female Character unlocks instead of the Male ones they want. So I'd say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Plenty of F2P games exist without P2W mechanics though. So I have zero idea what you are even talking about.
    Exactly, the problem most f2p games have is that you reach a point where the game forces you to wait in real-time before you can keep playing or use real money to start playing sooner. Games, where P2W is an actual problem, are pretty rare in my experience.

So the trophy are All in chinese... Anyone else having this problem???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Currently hovering around rank... 22 or something. I have to say, as a firm hater of gacha games and mobile games in general, this game manages to not piss me off with it. I like a lot of the character designs, the story is generic but inoffensive, and the game isn't quite as much of a ripoff as BotW as it might initially look, taking the world exploration, climbing and exploration parts but putting a much bigger focus on combat and RPG progression than survival mechanics and resource management.

Even if you're not a huge fan of anime games or gacha games, I'd suggest giving it a try. The game never forces payment down your throat and it's perfectly possible to spend 0 dollars and play the game at any level you want, especially considering some 4 stars like Xiangling and Fischl (both available more commonly through an event right now) are stronger than many of the 5-star units.
    There's only a handful of gacha games that are actually fun outside of farming boxes. This is one.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I have a question. Am i supposed to be using all of these experience books i keep getting or do i save them for later characters? Also are those books the only way to level quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    i have no idea about gacha games, but looking at the character screen, the amount of stuff i have never heard of is kind of annoying.
    i know it will matter later, but right now its just ... stuff ... that doesnt matter.

the gameplay is nice and the combat is fun enough. will continue to play, at least until the p2w and timegating shows its ugly face.
    No P2W aspect possible in this game. Especially since you can get rolls for free and get decent stuff that way. Timegating also exists in literally every game.

I've been playing since Thursday. Would have been Wednesday, but it was way slow to download so I let it run overnight. I think I've done like, 60 rolls so far, or 6 sets of 10. All for free thus far. The gems are farmable to some extent with their daily system. Not bad imo. Especially considering that you don't Need the characters you get. Though, think I have 5 premium characters with 1 duplicate, which comes in handy itself.

Over all, really fun game. Gets better once you can reach higher AR. Just hit level 12 and unlocked the daily system for more gems. I did spend $5 on their blessing to get 90 gems a day. But hey, $5 really isn't bad at all and ensures that every half a month I can get a 10 roll. 2 if I do every daily quest and collect the bonus as well.

Gonna enjoy this game a lot and cant wait to see what they add to it. The gacha price seems bad imo, but they have some otherwise good deals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I have a question. Am i supposed to be using all of these experience books i keep getting or do i save them for later characters? Also are those books the only way to level quickly?
    You can save them and so far they appear to be the quickest way.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Got Mona she's def best girl imo. Only char I got sofar that has a unique sprint/dodge mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well npcs realy give bad xp in wild, so you will have to use them up. However only use them when you realy need to. A main questline does give you quite good xp tho.

The books are the quickest and most reliable way to level up. I usually use them as I need them but definitely settle on which characters you want to use before levelling them. It gets harder to obtain books as you go along and you will hit a point where you need multiple characters levelled up to have at your disposal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am definitely having a ton of fun. I could never get into BoTW but this game has enough structure for me to actually enjoy it.

only downsides: not enough husbandos, and if you ever play even a second on mobile, you cannot buy anything through the PC because it tells you to use your phone. Also, even if the gacha is essentially optional, do not play if you have addiction issues.

I am at AR 25.
    The honeymoon phase is about to be over.

I watch a youtuber. He only gets a level a day at AR 35.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a ton of people are saying "BOTW CLONE", and frankly, that's bollocks.

BOTW has a massively deep and largely unstated lore, tying in most other Zelda games in some way or another.
    BOTW has a lot of puzzling, and relatively complex puzzles at that. Maybe Genshin Impact is hiding that from me? The few puzzle-lite elements in GI don't even compare.
    There's exploration components in both games, but they're fairly different. GI is mostly just getting you to look for experience or resources. In BOTW, you're actively seeking puzzles or story, and the only reason to hunt resources is for cooking/upgrading armor, not basic character progression.
    Combat is completely different between the two.
    The only real similarities are the graphical aesthetics, and that all surfaces are climbable and you can glide from heights, both using a shared stamina meter. I'm like Adventure Level 14 I think, and I'd be hard-pressed to even say they're the same sub genre, let alone one being a clone of the other. And I'm actively playing BOTW for my first time as we speak, too, so I'm not comparing memory to current gaming, I'm switching between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I am at AR 25.
    The honeymoon phase is about to be over.

I watch a youtuber. He only gets a level a day at AR 35.
    I'm at 30 and it's still going fast. So you have some more time.
    But at 35 exploration is probably done, ye - that's where most of the adventurer XP is comming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Rank 29 at the moment.

Really enjoying myself - would like more co-op friendliness (which according to Devs is planned!)

Current "main" team is:
    Diluc - Jean - Xiangling - Keqing (My friends hate my luck. Sadly, I wanted Qiqi the most. Jiangshi themes are my weakness. . .)
    I dont even know you and I hate your luck lol. Diluc is so fun the few times I got to try him in the campaign and jean is aparently really great too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and if you ever play even a second on mobile, you cannot buy anything through the PC because it tells you to use your phone.
    ? Ive played on both and i bought some rolls on pc last night

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    ? Ive played on both and i bought some rolls on pc last night
    I keep getting please top up usinf device used to register the account. So...meh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    only downsides: not enough husbandos
    There are already too many in my Waifu Collecting Game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    There are already too many in my Waifu Collecting Game.
    hey, us wiminz need eye candy tooooo

although I'm not willing to spend for diluc after seeing a streamer spend 1300 -_-. That's ridiculous.