Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I level with warmode on, even if i have no intention of pvping. If the action does come to me, and i am frustrated and want to keep leveling, i just hearth, turn it off, and fly back and carry on. If i do feel like engaging, thats exactly what i do. Its really quite simple, tbh. My personal experience is that MOST people with warmode on in the leveling zones are doing the same as you - taking advantage of the boosted XP. Turning it off might cost you 2 minutes - its not like when you had to decide between a pvp and pve realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    Warmode is nonsensical when you think about it. On average, the rewards are obscenely overpowered relative to the effort invested. Moreover, because the rewards for WM are all PvE-based and the reward for actually killing someone is absolutely negligible, you are encouraged to avoid fighting other players as much as possible, which defeats the supposed purpose of WM - namely of trying to encourage people to do WPvP more. (And if you ask me, WPvP is mostly just braindead ganking and really isn't something worth saving).

I wouldn't be sad to see it go.
    What a confusing post. You want an entirely optional system removed because......well i really dont know why? What is your argument? That those who enable warmode should only do so with the intention of engaging in WPVP? Because pvp realms were NEVER about WPVP - it always was and always will be about ganking unsuspecting players.

Such a confusing post...

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I used to keep it on 24/7, but I started toggling it in 8.3. The bonus rewards are trivial for the most part, with the pvp talents being the real bonus that gets lost when I turn WM off, like instant void form for spriest. I'd rather hardcast void eruption than waste time corpse running though.
    It is very confusing and anti-lore when you can sometimes use abilities. What is the lore reason why I can't expel harm in a raid? My character knows how to do it. But I'm unable to use it unless I use this essence? It's confusing and gives players a false sense of the power of their character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it very much depends on your server. I tried it and got ganked several times a day, every day. After about two weeks of this and trying new areas to level in, I turned it off.

From 1 to 110 it's absolutely worth it in my experience. I can count on one hand the number of enemy players I've encountered on one hand. These places are virtual wastelands.

From 110 to 120 I don't think it's worth it. Or rather, it's definitely riskier. If you're willing to just logoff or switch to another character it's not bad. But if you're stubborn, you'll likely get camped.

I do It EVERY SINGLE DAY as an Alliance in a Horde packed server.
    No complaints here.

Both factions it is going to be a crap shoot, some places like my server the Alliance has had 30% since it was implemented. You can go all day without being harassed a single time, even in zones where you have the 25 kill quest. Other days, you will be camped and ganked so hard you will think that this is the other person's only way of redeeming their clan's honor. Personally, I haven't bothered with Warmode since I got camped by somebody who logged into their alternate account just to spam me with whispers telling me to kill myself.

tl;dr Good days and bad days for both factions, keep it on for good turn it off for bad
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Absolutely worth it, the talents and xp is more than worth getting attacked once a week. Not exaggerating, that's been my experience, I basically never get attacked.

I have not turned off War mode since BFA launched and I've played both Horde and Ally.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-10-06 at 12:38 AM.

It was only worth it for the Xp gains, the 10% less resources an such never impacted me as I was still at the top in my guild against people who always had it on..

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    At first I was like omg why didn't I have this enabled before it gives all those abilities. And then I realized unless I'm in a group it will probably waste more time eventually. Yeah you may go faster at some rewards/quest rewards with it on but only one ganking that wastes 3-4 minutes of you life + the stress is not gonna be worth it for most players unless they are literally PvPers.
    Just don't do it, you're not the kind of player who wants to war mode. It can be recognized in how you talk

Absolutely worth it for leveling. There are a few high traffic areas to avoid. If you're getting ganked too much you can always go to another zone.

Roll a night elf and use Shadowmeld a lot. Or buy a slew of "Stealthman 54" devices. Buy invis potions. Buy Potions of Deepholm to escape.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Exping is worth while you staying on your faction's island. And meybe at patch, expansion beginning. But anyway on EU is strong factions disproportion. More then year on Outland buff is 30% for ally and on my 2nd server for horde 10%. This disproportion is visible in world and even in DF or LFR tool, especially early morning. For example for warsong brawl this week queue time for ally is like 3-5min while for horde even 20min, faction disproportion bonus in random pvp tool is for ally more then 1year.
    For me is time for unite horde and ally.

Been leveling a disc priest with war mode on. Am 114 with him now.

During my travels i found 2 alliance and dozens of horde. I only got ganked once in a free for all legion pvp quest where some guy used a beam to basically one shot me.
    The other time a warlock and a mage attacked me and i killed them both. The rest ignored me and i ignored them.

I have not tried at max level. I know dungeon entrances can be a problem, but outside big content releases it seems to be mostly peaceful.

You ask me, it's worth it while leveling for the xp boost. At max level, probably not even worthwhile.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-06 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    At first I was like omg why didn't I have this enabled before it gives all those abilities. And then I realized unless I'm in a group it will probably waste more time eventually. Yeah you may go faster at some rewards/quest rewards with it on but only one ganking that wastes 3-4 minutes of you life + the stress is not gonna be worth it for most players unless they are literally PvPers.
    While it's not stressful, it depends largely on when you play. You simply factor in how much you can get done in a given amount of time vs how much you'll actually be deterred by pvp itself. If you're looking to just farm mats? It's definitely not worth it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?

You just kill whoever attacks you and don´t engage in pvp if you dont want.

Also, you can use pots and get out of their range.

There is only one way to play the game for real, with pvpn. I don+t even understand why there is an option.

i leave wm on some specific classes that are extra useful for extra damage beside pvp.

no need for wm to enable, leveling up without it is a lot easier and less stressfull

I've never had a death derail me for 3-4 minutes. It usually takes about a minute out of the experience, and it happens pretty rarely that I get attacked (excluding faction assaults). Be mindful of the current Call to Arms zones as well, as you're likely to get attacked in those zones over others. But in general, with a 30% bonus, as long as I get killed less than every three and a half minutes, I'm getting more reward than if I just played with warmode off (3.5 minutes *1.3 WM rewards = 4.55 reward minutes, so 3.5 minutes of playing plus one minute of corpse run is better than 4.5 minutes of non-warmode).

On horde not as much as I only got 10% and as alliance even with 30% the amount of virgin tryhards I ran into didn't make it worth it, sometimes even being chased by 3 horde desperate for a kill and anytime you saw a russian name you knew 100% you're getting ganked to hell and back. If you quest during the night then sure it might be worth it but during the day no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    What do you mean?

You just kill whoever attacks you and don´t engage in pvp if you dont want.
    Sheeeet I must have been doing it wrong.

Shoulda just killed those 2 to 4-man teams of max level gankers while I was leveling. And of course I must have chosen to engage in PvP with them, I guess I shouldn't have.

Thanks for the A1 advice there, bruh!