Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Trump is leaving hospital today and will "continue medical care in White House"

P.S.
    BBC has nice picture from the rally with people who were inficted and where they sat.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54427390
    If I was sitting anywhere in breathing range of them I'd be sweating bullets.

Granted I wouldn't be sitting there anyways because holy hell why would you open yourself up to that kind of stupidly pointless risk right now.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/h...ite-house.html

The White House, the center of one of the newest outbreaks of the virus in the US, isn't even contact tracing the outbreak.

Again, this is why I continue to say this nation isn't capable of combating a pandemic. Technically we are very capable in theory, but culturally and with the people we have in the White House right now, we're fuckin doomed.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t vote for stupid

You cannot stop folks from getting the virus,” Barry Moore said. “If the president got it, folks are going to get it, OK?”

Moore is the GOP nominee in Alabama’s 2nd Congressional District, and he has some insight on the coronavirus he gleaned last month while meeting with President Donald Trump — wisdom he shared in a seven-minute video he posted on Facebook.

It’s just like the common cold,” he said. “It’s got to run its course. We have to treat the symptoms. We have to treat the people, and obviously, if you are at higher risk you need to take precautionary measures. You don’t need to be in big crowds running around licking doorknobs. But you’re not going to stop yourself from getting it.”
    Again, my country is incapable. Because this is a CHOICE that they're incapable of combating a pandemic. They're choosing to surrender as the path of least resistance.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.axios.com/trump-woodward...m_content=1100

TRUMP: "[Fauci's] sharp. And he's doing a good job. He's very dedicated."

WOODWARD: "Ever sat down alone with him?"

TRUMP: "Yes, I guess, but honestly, there's not a lot of time for that, Bob. It's a busy White House. This is a busy White house. We've got a lot of things happening. And then this came about. Look, we have the greatest economy on Earth. The greatest economy we've ever had. And in one day, this thing came in and we had a choice to make. Close everything up and save potentially millions of lives, you know hundreds of thousands of lives. Or don't do anything and watch, look at body bags every day being taken out of apartment buildings."

FAUCI: "Who told you that?"

TRUMP: "Me. I told me that."
    Donald Trump knew doing nothing would lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths. He did it anyways.

This was from March, and he at least had the weekend of March 7-8 to meet with Fauci, as Trump was out golfing in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Trump is leaving hospital today and will "continue medical care in White House"

P.S.
    BBC has nice picture from the rally with people who were inficted and where they sat.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54427390
    People shouldn't worry because Murica has the best care. !!!!!
    Everyone has full medical care, o2, icu and staff of doctors in their homes.....

i always have to remind the two doctors at my house to put down the toilet seat
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/u...e=articleShare

Top White House officials are blocking strict new federal guidelines for the emergency release of a coronavirus vaccine, objecting to a provision that would almost certainly guarantee that no vaccine could be authorized before the election on Nov. 3, according to people familiar with the approval process.

Facing a White House blockade, the Food and Drug Administration is seeking other avenues to ensure that vaccines meet the guidelines. That includes sharing the standards with an outside advisory committee of experts — perhaps as soon as this week — that is supposed to meet publicly before any vaccine is authorized for emergency use. The hope is that the committee will enforce the guidelines, regardless of the White House’s reaction.

The struggle over the guidelines is part of a monthslong tug of war between the White House and federal agencies on the front lines of the pandemic response. White House officials have repeatedly intervened to shape decisions and public announcements in ways that paint the administration’s response to the pandemic in a positive light.

That pattern has dismayed a growing number of career officials and political appointees involved in the administration’s fight against a virus that has claimed more than 209,000 lives in the United States.

The vaccine guidelines carry special significance: By refusing to allow the Food and Drug Administration to release them, the White House is undercutting the government’s effort to reassure the public that any vaccine will be safe and effective, health experts fear.

The public must have full faith in the scientific process and the rigor of F.D.A.’s regulatory oversight if we are to end the pandemic,” the biotech industry’s trade association pleaded on Thursday, in a letter to President Trump’s health secretary, Alex M. Azar II, asking for release of the guidelines.

The Food and Drug Administration submitted the guidelines to the Office of Management and Budget for approval more than two weeks ago, but they stalled in the office of Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff. Their approval is now seen as highly unlikely.
    I shouldn't need to say this, but don't take untested vaccines rushed through approvals for political purposes.

- - - Updated - - -

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...trol-covid-19/

More in the article, but this is the salient point -

The president’s message not to be afraid of the virus is dangerous if it encourages Americans to reject the things they do because they’re afraid of the virus. And that has implications for all of us. Think of the grocery store worker who has to stock shelves while dozens of strangers brush past them, or the nurse who has to come in close proximity with patients daily, many of whom may have active COVID-19 infections. Without the fear of what this disease can do to you, there’s little motivation to protect them.

It’s easier to feel secure when you’re the president of the United States, of course. But that’s not a reality the rest of us live day to day. In our reality, fear is rational, and it’s what pushes us to act. By telling us there’s nothing to fear, Trump is both ignoring the experience of millions of Americans, and giving further fuel to those whose response to fear is denial. Fear on its own isn’t useful. But neither is a dismissal of reality.
    And once again on the, "FeAr iS ThE BigGesT DangER" topic, fear of the effects of the virus isn't bad, it's natural and good. We're not all POTUS. We can't get rapid tests at the drop of a dime. We don't get airlifted to one of the best hospitals in the world with a massive team of doctors ready to give us every expensive, experimental treatment on the market. We don't have secret service agents guarding us. We don't have ICU beds and medical staff at our homes.

We are not the POTUS, and we should be treating this virus seriously, unlike the current POTUS.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...67615083761665

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE SAME CARE THAT HE DOES. FEAR OF A VIRUS THAT CAN KILL YOU IS RATIONAL AND JUSTIFIABLE.

That is all.

I'm glad Trump is doing well!! People in this thread are spiting him are being irrational.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

https://helix.northwestern.edu/artic...and-regulation

I believe in vaccines but everytime they talk about rushing stuff through it makes me think of that ^^

I know its centuries ago in terms of science but the consequences of administering something half tested and potentially dangerous to billions of people are too awful to contemplate.

Trump should be praised for conquering COVID. Not shamed
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm glad Trump is doing well!! People in this thread are spiting him are being irrational.
    No, not really. If he died and got replaced with someone who managed the pandemic better it could save thousands of lives. I'd take that trade.

He spent the past 7 months spitting on everyone with the virus, and his reaction to it is, "Maybe I'm immune, I feel better than 20 years ago!" because he's extremely privileged to have access to the best care in the world and experimental drugs that normal folks like us will never dream of receiving.

Excuse me for not feeling sympathy for the schoolyard bully for getting punched back in the face, for once. And he's not out of the woods yet, as his doctors have repeatedly reminded us.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post

He feels better than he did 20 years ago because he is being animated by powerful steroids. His Dumb ass doesnt know how drugs work. Dont worry he will be miserable behind closed doors, it's all a show.
    I saw 1 photo of him. He looked terrible despite trying to stand all proud and stuff. The virus is taking a big toll on him and it shows. Though the drugs seem to have him numb to it.

If a world leader dies to this pandemic, it may get everyone else to get their act together since it will show that not even the most elite are safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

But he hasn't conquered it, if anything he will be lucky if he doesn't have permanent damage to his lungs. And he is so coked up on pain killers and steroids, he doesn't know what is going on right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    But he hasn't conquered it, if anything he will be lucky if he doesn't have permanent damage to his lungs. And he is so coked up on pain killers and steroids, he doesn't know what is going on right now.
    Of course he has. His superior German gene pool let him conquer a disease that sometime take up to 14 days to even manifest fully in just 72 hours. My guess he's so propped up with drugs and steroids right now he will feel 20 years younger but still very sick and he being the president/commander in chief and his doctors being military meaning they probably have no choice but to let him go and get out there and lie to the media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    As opposed to the damage of seeing friends, teachers, or family members fall victim to a lethal infection they may be responsible for transmitting by attending school in person. 'Kay.
    Dear God, it's NOT a "lethal infection". Stop pretending that SARS-CoV-2 is some kind of killer virus and that people are doomed the moment they get it.
    If you are below 65, the death rate is negligible. Which is most of the working population.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No more than you've considered the possibility of the experts telling you that opening schools is a bad idea.
    Our Schools are open since June. We do heavy hygiene concepts, students are split into fixed groups (for contact tracing and in order to minimize the amount of children that need to stay at home if a positive is detected).

If your government cares and has a plan, open Schools are not a problem at all. Naturally, you need to get a handle on the situation first, which in the US no one seems to want to do.

It took 28 days from testing positive for Herman Kane to die, he even tweeted few days after diagonisis that he felt very well. You people really don't care about jinxing yourselves he is still infectious will might be for the up to 37 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It took 28 days from testing positive for Herman Kane to die, he even tweeted few days after diagonisis that he felt very well. You people really don't care about jinxing yourselves he is still infectious will might be for the up to 37 days.
    Exactly it is still very early and this sends also the wrong signal that guidelines should be ignored what is going to award quite a few darwin awards to his followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Exactly it is still very early and this sends also the wrong signal that guidelines should be ignored what is going to award quite a few darwin awards to his followers.
    That's not even going into the fact that Trump is the first person in the world to have all of these non FDA approved experimental drugs in his system. There's literally no one that knows what mixing those drugs will do to him mentally or physically.

That's not even going into the fact that Trump is the first person in the world to have all of these non FDA approved experimental drugs in his system. There's literally no one that knows what mixing those drugs will do to him mentally or physically.
    Hulk Trump is what we need to end this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Hulk Trump is what we need to end this year.
    Probably end up with Tommy Chong Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Again...DO NOT LISTEN TO DONALD TRUMP, WHO IS CURRENTLY HEAVILY MEDICATED AND SPREADING MISINFORMATION ABOUT THE VIRUS WHILE RISKING THE LIVES OF EVERYONE AROUND HIM.

That is all.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/...-19-diagnosis/

Stephanie Landaverde did everything right. The 24-year-old bartender took all the precautions she could as the pandemic began its spread through Massachusetts. She wore a mask, kept to a small circle of family members, and after restaurants reopened, decided not to return to work in order to protect her vulnerable parents and grandparents, who were all immunocompromised.

But her 81-year-old grandfather, Juan Ciprian, was less cautious. He was a Trump supporter and refused to wear a mask, parroting the president’s statements about the virus not being a concern.

He died last week of COVID-19. His family received his ashes the day after Trump announced his diagnosis.
    Reminder: Donald Trump is literally getting Americans killed. Do not listen to any coronavirus "advice" the man gives. Listen to doctors and experts. Wear a fucking mask.

10+ Year Old Account
    He needs a new title... How does Covid Don sound? Trump’s virus...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

LOL conquering.
    He went from intensive care in a hospital to intensive care in the WH.

That's your idea of "conquering"?

I guess the 40k infected today should just bum rush the hospital and demand to be admitted inpatient for an "abundance of caution" just like Chris Christy and Trump. I am sure they will be admitted and give the same $400,000 treatment/services a day Trump got!

they just need to wait in their yard for the helicopter to pick them up.

Praised for not wearing a mask and infecting possibly thousands over the last two weeks.

Like praising someone who just killed 10 people at a bank robbery because he stopped to help an old lady across the street
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!