Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Not if it stops you from being able to complete content in the specc you want. What if no covenant is good for both affliction pvp and destro pve, but only destro is solid in raids while only aff is solid in pvp? (rhetoric example).

For people who aren't competetive inclined in their wow habbits, this doesn't matter, but many are. For those, like me, it doesn't mattwr if we're top 1% (im not) or much lower. It still just adds frustration.
    Is this a thing? Has this happened? I guess you pick which you value more and choose to be suboptimal in the other, then. Which, again, I think is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    Actually the design is
    I raid tonight(and want to be my best possible stats).
    Well I guess I will pvp slightly sub optimally... Its ok though... everyone else is a scrub so I can crush them with my skill.

Or...
    I raid tonight but I want to be optimal in pvp right now... I guess I will be slightly weaker tonight... Its ok thought... the bosses are scrubs so I can crush them with my skill.

The idea is... You choices matter.. You have to pick on thing and give up slightly on somthing else... If you are a good enough player, you can still beat all content(nothing changes)...It is just a small bit of making one content easier for you
    Yeah well come back 15 years ago. When people complained about having to do exactly that. That was shit design back then. That is shit design now. It's not about being suboptimal. It's bout playing how you want it the content you want to do. Pve builds in pvp and the opposite are a plague to play.

And no. I'm not the kind of guy who get PL by other people so your argument does not touch me. That's how you play but many people are not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I still think it's unnecessary to put a limit on the conduit system, but it's definitely than the "old" weekly reset.
    It absolutely is when they're not spec specific. This is the biggest problem and their change doesn't help at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    First off, what Relics are you referring to? Legion relics weren't freely swappable, it destroyed them each time, so that's against your point.
    Corruption isn't freely swappable, you either needed a whole new armor piece or to farm Echoes to roll the corruption you did want.
    Conveniently left out Azerite traits, which again, are not freely swappable, and scales to a massive gold amount if you're doing it all too common on the same piece of gear.
    Do you forget the gold cost for those traits was because they themselves admit and said a week long cool down on something like that did not feel good

How is it the same, at all? There's no cap on Azerite Reforging, you just pay the gold. Completely different things, and this post is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    While you think so, I hard disagree. I think this is fine, if you need to make more than 7 changes a week you need to either allocate your time better (aka do mythic+ after/before raids) or not try to min-max every single little thing you do.
    Furthermore, I think it better defines a system where you can plan ahead for both/three specs per character by making selections that benefit both to a lesser degree than one to a greater degree.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff View Post
    Furthermore, I think it better defines a system where you can plan ahead for both/three specs per character by making selections that benefit both to a lesser degree than one to a greater degree.
    But this is exactly something Blizzard changed in the past. Why go back to these restrictions? In BfA playing alts was a nightmare, now in Shadowlands playing more than one role (which 75% of the classes are capable of) shapes up to be a nightmare.

Why do we have to suffer by making a decision that's forced onto us? A decision that serves no purpose. There is no reason why Soulbinds + Conduits cannot be spec-specific.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-06 at 09:00 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the new change to the Conduit system. It's better than nothing, so good job Blizz. But to be honest, it's basically going to function like Azerite Reforging in BFA just with a literal hard-cap.

I still think it's unnecessary to put a limit on the conduit system, but it's definitely than the "old" weekly reset.
    Kinda.. kinda not. But I agree. It is a workaround for a workaround of the workaround of the workarounds' workaround because of a problem that dosen't need to exist in the first place (That's hyperbole, I know). While the solution is creative, if one of my colleagues would offer me something like that I'd ask him if his original implementation was the fitting solution to the given task.

At the end of the day it's more restrictive than Azerite, but it's also cheaper which is a plus in my book. You also have a contingent that you can plan around without a spreadsheet. So it's absolutely an improvement, but I have a hard time giving them much credit for it since they introduced the problem in the first place. Luckily my primary characters don't have many exciting conduits to begin with, especially until we get way higher ranks.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    It’s their perception
    Blizzard keeps working on making sure the illusion of success exists and they have been doing so by negatively impacting the “top end” aka ppl who prepot, and the casual players. They figured it’s easier to cripple the guys on top so the other guys feel stronger

- - - Updated - - -

Playing an OS without being ok with dead azerite traits???

Dirty elitist 1% min maxer

I bet you prepot don’t you
    Meh I have millions of gold from farming garrisons with an army of alts

Azerite Reforge cost goes up endlessly, and didn't reset when you got new stuff.

Conduit Energy is fixed cap, and does reset when you get new stuff.

A massive difference, however I'd go for 8 charges and 1 hour recharge, not 10 charges and 1 day recharge.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Azerite Reforge cost goes up endlessly, and didn't reset when you got new stuff.

Conduit Energy is fixed cap, and does reset when you get new stuff.

A massive difference, however I'd go for 8 charges and 1 hour recharge, not 10 charges and 1 day recharge.
    It doesn't matter.

Your going to have one conduit set up except for a few cases were you need X amount of stats for another one to be better.

Your never going to be swapping out conduits they are just static effects like glyphs you put your bis in for pve if it's your pve character and your bis pvp if it's your pvp character.

Covenants already require you have one character designed around high level play. I doubt most players even mythic raiders and gladiators will change their conduits after the first month bar for putting in a higher level of the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It doesn't matter.
    It does matter - the original hypothesis from the OP is disproven - they are NOT the same, that's objective fact.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Meh I have millions of gold from farming garrisons with an army of alts
    I had the alts but I didn’t know what I was missing

I didn’t know

I DIDN’T KNOW!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter.

Your going to have one conduit set up except for a few cases were you need X amount of stats for another one to be better.

Your never going to be swapping out conduits they are just static effects like glyphs you put your bis in for pve if it's your pve character and your bis pvp if it's your pvp character.

Covenants already require you have one character designed around high level play. I doubt most players even mythic raiders and gladiators will change their conduits after the first month bar for putting in a higher level of the same one.
    Multi spec friend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It does matter - the original hypothesis from the OP is disproven - they are NOT the same, that's objective fact.
    Yeah you are correct
    right now if I multi spec it’s either multiple sets or eat the cost

In SL it’s hope I don’t swap too much or I’m boned

I had the alts but I didn’t know what I was missing

I didn’t know

I DIDN’T KNOW!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Multi spec friend

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you are correct
    right now if I multi spec it’s either multiple sets or eat the cost

In SL it’s hope I don’t swap too much or I’m boned
    Multispecing is multi classing in sl unless you want to only do heroic.

Multispecing is multi classing in sl unless you want to only do heroic.
    What are you talking about??

What are you talking about??
    Every class usually has a bis soulbind and covenant for each spec. People who want to play multiple roles well at high end will simply have a character for each spec. It is the magic of covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    Actually the design is
    I raid tonight(and want to be my best possible stats).
    Well I guess I will pvp slightly sub optimally... Its ok though... everyone else is a scrub so I can crush them with my skill.

Or...
    I raid tonight but I want to be optimal in pvp right now... I guess I will be slightly weaker tonight... Its ok thought... the bosses are scrubs so I can crush them with my skill.

The idea is... You choices matter.. You have to pick on thing and give up slightly on somthing else... If you are a good enough player, you can still beat all content(nothing changes)...It is just a small bit of making one content easier for you
    And why is this good design?

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Not if it stops you from being able to complete content in the specc you want. What if no covenant is good for both affliction pvp and destro pve, but only destro is solid in raids while only aff is solid in pvp? (rhetoric example).

For people who aren't competetive inclined in their wow habbits, this doesn't matter, but many are. For those, like me, it doesn't mattwr if we're top 1% (im not) or much lower. It still just adds frustration.
    I say this gently; If you are so inclined to be competitive, then the simple solution would then be make two warlocks, one for pvp and one for raiding.

If you want to be competitive, be willing to do whatever it takes to be competitive.

I really don't see the point in this system.

Nobody is going to get any benefit from it, and it seems needlessly complex as opposed to there being no limit. When you think about it, there is already a limit - you can only swap the conduits in your sanctum.

I mean, the core of what Blizz wants here is some sort of differentiation right? So if I'm a fury warrior and I spec more defensive conduits, I may have better survivability than one who went more dps-centric.

But what is really going on in the player's heads? The content can't be balanced in such a way that having more defensive conduits is required for group content, so DPS would rather just do more dps (hence why they're playing dps in the first place) than make their healer's jobs slightly easier, which is all it does.

Every class usually has a bis soulbind and covenant for each spec. People who want to play multiple roles well at high end will simply have a character for each spec. It is the magic of covenants.
    I can guarantee you that will not happen for a majority of players and it’s also garbage design

I am probably going to stick with venthyr on all of my monk specs since the soulbinds it gives work way better than the others though Kyrian might be the better choice for tank