Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Would I get infracted for saying: "I'm claiming you're either too ignorant or too disingenuous to be able to differentiate between a condemnation of people who are pissed off because the police keep murdering people, and a condemnation of people who are pissed off because Satanist pedophiles are plotting the destruction of the Western world?" Probably.

Look, I get it. Racists like to believe that the concerns of black people are just one big conspiracy theory because those black people are just too lazy to bootstrap themselves into better lives, and Obama defeated racism once and for all, but reality rarely corresponds to what said racists like to believe.
    I'm amazed how you think setting businesses on fire and looting them is justified because of what a single policeman did (before any of the facts even came out).

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I'm amazed how you think setting businesses on fire and looting them is justified because of what a single policeman did (before any of the facts even came out).
    didnt you know, when government officials abuse their authority, it's the fault of non involved citizen...i will never understand this logic.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

If you could go ahead and quote where bushido implied or said any of that, that would be great, because what you quoted is not that at all.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    First, that's not remotely what s_bushido said.

Second, okay? If you can identify people who broke the law, charge them accordingly. If you can't identify them to charge them, that's how things go sometimes. Presenting any of this as somehow devaluing or impugning the BLM movement or somehow showing that police brutality is "okay", that's horseshit and does not follow from anything. If you're using incidents like this to argue against BLM, it's because you have issues with the idea that black people should be treated fairly and equitably by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It's more a case of the boy who cried wolf. I've been promised that nazis have been coming for a decade. At this point I assume people shouting it out are simply hungry for attention.
    Dude they marched in the street in Charlottesville in 2017 waving tiki torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us!"

Are you looking for an embossed invitation to a bring-your-own-long-knife party held by your friendly neighborhood chapter of the Nazi Party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Dude they marched in the street in Charlottesville in 2017 waving tiki torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us!"

Are you looking for an embossed invitation to a bring-your-own-long-knife party held by your friendly neighborhood chapter of the Nazi Party?
    I believe those are two different groups unless one merged was consumed by the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenadrys View Post
    Based on what? Who even ARE they? What are their goals? What are their methods? They seem to be a "movement not an organization" as Antifa likes to say. Let's not forget that Democrats refuse to condemn both Antifa and rioters/looters/criminals. They are then even massiver baddies, right?
    No one is asking (either in this bill or otherwise) to label QAnon a domestic terror organization, like they're doing with antifa.

In fact, this is the least possible thing you can do - pass a resolution, which has no binding effect in law, and is akin to passing a resolution to commemorate a person who did something cool once.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe those are two different groups unless one merged was consumed by the other.
    That’s interesting from someone who said:

The difference in how violence is committed is the left tend to act as a group while the right seems much more centered around an individual.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So the hill you're trying to die on is that nazi's aren't actually a threat, because multiple groups espousing nazi like and nazi adjacent beliefs are mobilizing all over the country, often armed and often involved in violent protest, including killing?

Ae you sure you don't want to retract that?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s interesting from someone who said:
    I can't see how. To my knowledge the protest commited no violence they just walked around with walmart torches.

Unless you mean that weird non violence, violence I've been hearing about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So the hill you're trying to die on is that nazi's aren't actually a threat, because multiple groups espousing nazi like and nazi adjacent beliefs are mobilizing all over the country, often armed and often involved in violent protest, including killing?

Ae you sure you don't want to retract that?
    The hill I want to die on is we wait for people to actually break the law before treating them like criminals and try to avoid creating laws for the sole purpose of sheltering us from opinions we dont like.

The hill I am dying is " I disagree with what you say but will fight to the death for your right to say it" rather then the " maybe China has the right idea on how to deal with social dissent let's make social credit a reality".

The hill I want to die on is we wait for people to actually break the law before treating them like criminals and try to avoid creating laws for the sole purpose of sheltering us from opinions we dont like.

The hill I am dying is " I disagree with what you say but will fight to the death for your right to say it" rather then the " maybe China has the right idea on how to deal with social dissent let's make social credit a reality".
    I will ask for the 30th fucking time, what fucking law is being passed? Quote the law right now.

That also has nothing to do with your stupid ass diatribe about nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see how. To my knowledge the protest commited no violence they just walked around with walmart torches.

Unless you mean that weird non violence, violence I've been hearing about.
    It’s not like anyone died... wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

I will ask for the 30th fucking time, what fucking law is being passed? Quote the law right now.
    Apparently the woman killed at Charlottesville was murdered without violence... who knew?

Edit: This guy... ‘they are different groups’... rally name... “Unite the right”... I’m like... lol?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-09 at 12:55 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

That also has nothing to do with your stupid ass diatribe about nazis.
    I feel like your looking at posts out of context. If we are simply talking about congress say they dislike something it's a pointless waste of time. If it's in response to my last comment its comes down to ideals so perhaps that is why you appear so confused.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not like anyone died... wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the woman killed at Charlottesville was murdered without violence... who knew?

Edit: This guy... ‘they are different groups’... rally name... “Unite the right”... I’m like... lol?
    I'm confused are we talking about the protest or what occured after. The two events happened on different days. Is this your if you drown your innocent test if you float your guilty from your impassioned speech on how you hunt witches?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused are we talking about the protest or what occured after.
    Fair enough... this explains everything.

I feel like your looking at posts out of context. If we are simply talking about congress say they dislike something it's a pointless waste of time. If it's in response to my last comment its comes down to ideals so perhaps that is why you appear so confused.
    So your post crying that Nazi's aren't a threat, is somehow about the government passing a law that doesn't;t exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    So your post crying that Nazi's aren't a threat, is somehow about the government passing a law that doesn't;t exist?
    Because he is both confused and adamant about the issue. It’s an interesting dichotomy...

Edit: I just realized why the nearly unbreakable metal in marvel comics is called adamantium... it’s what you get from out of work English majors.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-09 at 01:26 PM.

This isn't coherent are we talking about Qanon or nazism?

Are we debating free speech is some weird stance where you think there isn't a risk to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we debating free speech is some weird stance where you think there isn't a risk to it?
    You mean the reply?

You mean the reply?
    I kind of think your biggest issue is you read replies to different issues think it applies to what you have been talking about earlier when it only tangentially touches on the old topic and then you flunder around a bit when people just ignore you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of think your biggest issue is you read replies to different issues think it applies to what you have been talking about earlier when it only tangentially touches on the old topic and then you flunder around a bit when people just ignore you.
    You are projecting... I will ask again... If not the reply, what is the “risk” to free speech?

Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-09 at 01:33 PM.