[10-50] Best tank?

Hi there!

I was wondering what is the best tank for leveling in dungeon until level 50? (Strength and weakness for each ones)

Does anyone knows if the difficulty of dungeon has changed?

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hi there!

I was wondering what is the best tank for leveling in dungeon until level 50? (Strength and weakness for each ones)

Does anyone knows if the difficulty of dungeon has changed?

Thx!
    Dungeon levelling has been nerfed for some time, its best to quest nowadays, saying that, any but guardian druid is probs fastest, maybe monk due to the buff they get.

For perspective, I had fun leveling my guardian druids on both live and beta. Just like the other tanks, it's nice to go in and pull everything you need for a quest in 1 go. I think the best tank is the one you have most fun playing. They all definitely have a different play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutingu View Post
    Dungeon levelling has been nerfed for some time, its best to quest nowadays, saying that, any but guardian druid is probs fastest, maybe monk due to the buff they get.
    That wasn't the question op asked. And there has been anecdotal evidence that in some cases it is faster to level via dungeons.

As for speed? It would be hard to say as there are too many variables at play. R u using a tank with great self healing that can get away with 4 dps or 3 and a half. Is this a premade group or are you pugging?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I already have DH, Paladin, Druid and War lvl 120 so it’s only to do some random dungeons while some friends are leveling.

I’ve heard of party sync but I think that the scaling might not be as interesting as having a lower level alt with good gear from it’s bracket. But I’m not sure what’s the most optimal solution

Guardian/Veng have the most skips and most mobile.
    BM and Prot-War kind of fast, sometimes have skips.
    Blood and Prot-Paly are your least mobile, least skippage.
    Anti-daze you need will depend on what content you're doing.

Generally here's what each offers in no particular order:

Guardian gets: Cat Form movement & shift anti-daze lv5, Dash lv6, Travel/Mount/Aquatic Form lv10, Wild Charge ledge skips lv25, Skull Bash minor charge lv26, Feral Affinity movement lv30, mass roots anti-daze lv35, Flap skips at some point, and Stampeding Roar at lv43.

BM gets: Roll lv3, Roll 2nd charge lv9, Xp buff (Zen Pilg) lv11, movement row lv25, Transcendence backtrack/turnarounds lv32, Statue/RoP daze protection talent lv35, (PS: Clash skips lv54)

Veng gets: Double Jump, Glide, Fel Rush, Infernal Strike, and Vengeful Retreat skips all at lv1, Immo speed talent lv15, Meta leaps at lv20, Sigil of Chains anti-daze lv40.

Blood gets: Runeforging lv6, anti magic slows lv9, On a Pale Horse mount speed lv22, Path of Frost lv27, Gorefiends anti daze lv32, Wraith Walk lv40, Death's Advance lv49

ProtP gets: Divine Shield anti-daze lv10, Divine Steed lv17, Crusader Aura grp mount speed lv21, Blinding Light anti-daze talent lv30, Cavalier talent lv35, BoP anti-daze lv41, Avenger's Shield silence lv44, Consecration slow semi-anti daze talent lv45

ProtW gets: Charge lv2, War Machine movement speed talent lv15, Thunderclap slow semi-anti-daze lv19, Shockwave anti-daze lv21, Double Time more charging talent lv25, Heroic Leap for skips lv33, Bounding Stride for more skips & sprint talent lv35, Int Shout for anti-daze lv34, Intervene for friendly catch-up lv43, Spell Reflect anti-slow lv47
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-10-10 at 09:39 AM.

So after tuesday dungeon leveling is pretty fast, almost a lvl per dungeon at the low in and about 2 dungeons per lvl at the high end.

Personally I like paladin just because you can save people if you need to.

Monk puts out a ton of damage though at low lvls thanks to being able to dual wield elemental force enchants which scale to 50 now..

DH has tons of self heals and let’s your healer focus on dps more.

Warrior same with their shield.

Dk is meh to me for liking.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    So after tuesday dungeon leveling is pretty fast, almost a lvl per dungeon at the low in and about 2 dungeons per lvl at the high end.

Personally I like paladin just because you can save people if you need to.

Monk puts out a ton of damage though at low lvls thanks to being able to dual wield elemental force enchants which scale to 50 now..

DH has tons of self heals and let’s your healer focus on dps more.

Warrior same with their shield.

Dk is meh to me for liking.
    I wouldn't count on that part. Anecdotal experience sure, but whenever I've tanked random dungeons, the healer more often than not decided not to contribute to dps at all. Rarely did one bother trying. Which annoys me a great deal because I play healers most of the time, and always do whatever damage I can.

Sure, it's not why the healer queued or their job, but surely they can do more than just run on follow doing nothing the entire dungeon, when there's barely anything to heal.

Also, OP if you already have 4 tanks maxed, then why do you care which tank is best for random dungeon leveling, if it's occasional thing with friends? Pick whichever you like playing the most.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2020-10-10 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Not in 9.0. 10-50 takes under 5 hours with a good group. At level 27, dungeon completion XP is around 70% of a level, and a 9 minute Waycrest Manor (no rested/no quests) took my DK from 27.9 to 29.3, & that was with pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Not in 9.0. 10-50 takes under 5 hours with a good group. At level 27, dungeon completion XP is around 70% of a level, and a 9 minute Waycrest Manor (no rested/no quests) took my DK from 27.9 to 29.3, & that was with pugs.
    I really want to try BC-Dungeons on the PTR (but you can't find a group for it); I don't think that anything can beat hellfire ramparts in exp; but i really need to try it first.

just take a tank class in a dps spec with heirloom and that it :P

Has nothing to do with the question.

Blood Death knight is really strong in SLands even leveling.
    not too complex, but also not a brain dead face roll spec......solid all around all the way up to max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hi there!
    I would say the one you are most comfortable with. They play slightly differently.

Personally, I am most comfortable with Paladin/Bear. I quite like Brewmaster.

I am not fond of the DK and DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs - Fairly weak tanks. They basically have no AoE until 17, and their full AoE kit doesn't come online until nearly 50. Furthermore, their CDs aren't the best these days. Basically the same as current - You can tank, but your healer will have to pump you full of heals, and grabbing aggro can be a pain against ppl with strong single target or AoE.
    Monks - Moderate. They get most of their mitigation and AoE online by 20, though the first few lvls will be painful. CDs come in at later levels and are fairly solid. A big change from now where they are essentially the weakest leveling tank, and basically no different from having a DPS tank.
    DHs - Moderate. Their starting AoE and mitigation is OK, but they slowly pick up all their toolkit as they lvl. Probs slightly behind monks, but far ahead of DKs.
    Warriors - Great. You get starting AoE with Whirlwind, strong solid starting mitigation, and you basically have most of your critical toolset by 20, picking up nice extras along the way to 50.
    Paladins - Good. Similar case as Warriors, but only slightly underpreforming, with most of their real goodies being in the later levels. A slight note is that they don't have anything special locked behind 50-60 like Warriors do, so you'll basically have your full tanking kit by 50.
    Druids - Poor. Starting AoE is weak, cooldowns come in late, and Guardian's Mastery is basically complete shit at a low lvl.

So, overall, Warriors=Paladins>Monks=DHs>DKs=Druids for 10-50 tanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.