Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Don't think there is a cinematic in prepatch, the first one will be at launch when we enter the Maw, right ?
    There is one where Tyrande turns Nathanos into a prezel, but that is part of the event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Don't think there is a cinematic in prepatch, the first one will be at launch when we enter the Maw, right ?
    There might be some thing when Nathanus is defeated as a world boss. Full pre- rendered film of Tyrande ripping him in two would be nice :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    There might be some thing when Nathanus is defeated as a world boss. Full pre- rendered film of Tyrande ripping him in two would be nice :P
    Probably her shooting him with a few arrows and he doesn't expect it. ......I think
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then I hope it's a CGI one (in my dreams)

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    400 posts vanished? Is that why I felt those rumblings?
    They were probably all made by Nathrezim.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Probably her shooting him with a few arrows and he doesn't expect it. ......I think
    After the cinematic his body is keeled over in a a Dragon Ball Z style crater, so he probably gets nuked with magic. Expect some magical Night Warrior stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Blizzard have a new (to me, anyway) ad running for SL which specifically says 2020, so I think it's December or bust at this point. Even if it's not in a fit state, they're not likely to push it to 2021 after putting out yet more ads say 2020.

(I mostly noticed this ad - the sidebar kind - because it has a typo/misuse of a word - it says Maldraxxus is "Where strength is awarded", when they almost certainly mean "Where strength is rewarded". I mean, in a literal sense I'm sure we will be "awarded" strength via gear, levels etc. in Maldraxxus, but that's not what differentiates it from other Covenants, theme-wise.)

I'd be shocked if they didn't time the Scourge event nearer Halloween, because it's so on-theme (even with the other Halloween stuff also happening), and will make the gaming press and so on. I'll probably be somewhat short, too, based on previous events. Mixed feelings about that. I'd love to gear up a bunch of alts from it, but also the "ghoul" stuff got pretty annoying in the original iterations, as people used the ghouls to keep quest-hand-in NPCs dead (and even flightmasters, though I seem to recall that was less viable in the second iteration).

But actually that's way less of an issue now, in theory, because back then you couldn't really level by doing dungeons, but now you can. So worst case you go stand somewhere obscure and chain dungeons if you want to level (and the event was never more than a mild inconvenience at max level).
    Maybe they mean Strength is given to those who join Maldraxxus? I havent done the zone on Beta so I don't know

Not gonna lie I'm pretty excited to hit the Barbershop on my mains then go unlock my Kul'Tirans and other assorted AR's that we can finally get. Also I might go take a few aerial laps around Draenor and the Broken Isles now that the pathfinder restriction will be gone

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    After the cinematic his body is keeled over in a a Dragon Ball Z style crater, so he probably gets nuked with magic. Expect some magical Night Warrior stuff.
    Similar to Saurfang's "crater" or like a deep depression in the earth?
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-10-13 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurothemist View Post
    Realm list is up
    I had a small update, then launched the game and got the Shadowlands cinematic intro. Then the new login screen/menus. The realm list is up but they're all offline. Says the maintenance should be until 3pm PDT so I guess we still have a long way to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gonna spend a loooong time in the barbershop tomorrow.

Formerly known as Arafal

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Gonna spend a loooong time in the barbershop tomorrow.
    Let's hope the game dosen't crash because of how many people there are at the barbershop lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Maybe they mean Strength is given to those who join Maldraxxus? I havent done the zone on Beta so I don't know
    Well, given the way they put souls into constructs, they may actually mean awarded. "Here, have this new biceps i found".

I just realized, shouldn't the Nathanos death cinematic become available sometime today? Since pre-patch is out.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I purposely am waiting by Dalaran's barbershop, and not Stormwind's, just in case! Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but figured I had a better chance of less lag there.
    I think many people will just do the stuff they want to change and then move on. It's not like it's a limited time offer, you can change stuff on a whim now, unlike what you'd usually do during character creation in an RPG.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I just realized, shouldn't the Nathanos death cinematic become available sometime today? Since pre-patch is out.
    Isn't Nathanos as world boss part of the event? If so, that's not starting today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

The cinematic will be available when someone kills him once the pre-event actually starts.

Formerly known as Arafal

Pro Tip for anyone heading straight for the barbershop: Go to Cosmowrench or Area 52 in Netherstorm because 600000 players are going to be lagging the shit out of the most accessible ones.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Pro Tip for anyone heading straight for the barbershop: Go to Cosmowrench or Area 52 in Netherstorm because 600000 players are going to be lagging the shit out of the most accessible ones.
    Didn't know there were barbers there. I think there's on in Dazar'alor too, but not sure about Boralus
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.