Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "The community" and its whining is the main reason for 90% of wrong decisions through the years and it's becoming worse with the rise of "influencers" and "content creators"

Cata was far better than any subsequent expansion and WoD was much better than Legion despite it being abandoned for the latter. Legion and BfA is some vile mixture between diablo and wow that made the game worse in every way.

Demon hunters should be removed.

New race models are absolute garbage except worgens.

Old talent trees (pre-MoP) were 100x times better than the new ones.

Despite not having any real difficulty, classic is much better than retail atm.

There should be reasons to bring every class to pve content through abilities or buffs.

These seem to be unpopular among the vocal minority. Among averages player probably not that outstanding, but here you go:

Titanforging was cool
    BfA is my favorite expansion
    Corruption was fun (especially TD)
    Multiple difficulties was the best change implemented to raiding / dungeons ever
    Removal of master looter is a good thing
    Cataclysm was a bad expansion
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Corruptions suck, but TD as a mechanic is awesome

Finally a way for tanks to be viable in group pvp. All tanks should have by default.

Addons like DBM and Weakauras are far too powerful, to the point that Blizzard has to design their encounters around them, and what we end up with most of the time is a clusterfuck.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I heard someone say this on Youtube, but the cool thing about corruption is that it somewhat levels the playing field (in some cases it shoots classes up instead). Some specs that might not have been useful pre-8.3 now become playable with gushing wounds or vers stacking or whatever. Because it's outside of class/spec, all boats sort of rise together with these types of systems. It does pose a balancing problem as any change to those will affect ALL specs, not just one (e.g. like if you balanced a talent row or ability).

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Race/class restrictions need removed..
    I think that this is something that should happen. The point where anyone actually cares about race/class comboes "not making sense" is so far in the distant past that it makes less sense to keep the restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kappas View Post
    Why are we forbidden from imbuing both main-hand and off-hand weapons with windfury? Lava Lash should be removed from the game to fix this issue.
    Bugger off with the Stormstrike spamming specs. Good riddance BFA enhancement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The relative quality of an expansion should be gauged by your personal engagement with its content instead of whatever some dumb fucking hivemind thinks you should think.

Example:

• I enjoyed WoD quite a bit because I had a blast raiding. In fact, because of this it's my favorite expansion. But I'm not allowed to have an opinion that WoD was a good expansion (for me) because the court of public opinion has decided that WoD is beyond reproach and I'm an idiot for having a positive recollection of the experience I had.
    THis is an idiotic way of framing things.

Its a fun game to play.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Right now the whole entire game sucks.

I wish that WoW was purchased by Rockstar Games. think about that, it would become epic overnight and legendary within a few years.
    I think Rockstar sucks.

Yeah, I said that. Fight me. >

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Playing the game with the Music off is like watching a film without the soundtrack. It diminishes the intended user experience and should not be done. Thus many players aren't getting the beauty out of WoW, just the phat numbers.

I genuinely wonder how those folks would react if Blizz decided to just axe the music all together. Would they still proudly shout "lol I always play with it off who cares!" ?
    I share this opinion. To be honest I think they really would just be like "lol, who cares I played with it off anyways". It's a big peeve of mine when people don't appreciate the little things in a game like the music and art the goes into them. All they care about are numbers and stats. It's kinda like looking at the pictures in a book or magazine without reading what they're actually about.

As for my opinions one of them is the fact that I love the LFG/LFR system. I HATED looking for people before this system was added to the game. Then when you finally found people and started a dungeon they would leave half way in and now you're stuck having to send someone out to look for a replacement and hope that the group stays together long enough to finish it. A lot of times it didn't so you were left there with 2 hours of your time wasted and without any motivation to start up another group. For raids it was the same experience but much worse since they required more people and most of the time guilds. For me the LFG/LFR system was a blessing so I will always thank Blizzard for that.

Also I didn't think BfA was that bad nor did I think the classes were that bad either. For the most part I had lots of fun in BfA. Somehow more so than Legion. It just felt more like a classic adventure game and I think that's what appealed to me the most. Also the cutscenes were awesome.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-10-13 at 11:30 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Personally speaking, I feel like FFXIV does everything WoW does besides PvP and raid mechanics better. The PvP there is pretty bad, and I feel like WoW has better raid mechanics, but only slightly better.
    Leveling is better in WoW even more so now.
    Class design is better
    Combat is better
    Aesthetic is better
    Wow doesn't let you transmog into a frog costume.

IMO WoW is vastly superior to FFXIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Activision didn't kill the game, a vocal minority of fans who zealously defended the game because they sunk a lot of their lives into it and would have to admit that it was a mistake, did.

Unable to rationalize that they were doing more harm than good, these people perpetually drowned out criticisms on the forums and social media, and harassed people testing and giving feedback, are the main reason why the game lost the subscribers it did and why it's suffered such a huge decline.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2020-10-14 at 02:54 AM.

Cata was good. It's just a year of DS (+ mostly re-used assets) that pictured it as something "bad".

10+ Year Old Account
    onyxia attunement wasnt that bad. bring back attunements
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    THis is an idiotic way of framing things.
    Because only the truly enlightened regurgitate the same half-baked opinions that everybody else has, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Activision didn't kill the game, a vocal minority of fans who zealously defended the game because they sunk a lot of their lives into it and would have to admit that it was a mistake, did.

Unable to rationalize that they were doing more harm than good, these people perpetually drowned out criticisms on the forums and social media, and harassed people testing and giving feedback, are the main reason why the game lost the subscribers it did and why it's suffered such a huge decline.
    This is definately an unpopular opinion, but its a very true one sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levelling in Classic is boring as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Cata was good. It's just a year of DS (+ mostly re-used assets) that pictured it as something "bad".
    Agreed. Cata had A LOT of content on launch. Firelands was amazing. Agreed, DS just went on too long. Tarnished the rest of the expansion in most people's eyes.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Wow should have died 5 years ago.

Shadowlands delay SUCKS