Army of the dead 8 min cooldown?

Is this spell really that powerfull that it warrants such a long CD? I can't think of many other spells in game that still share such absurdly long CDs.

Its back for flavour reasons.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess because all it's used for is boss pulls they figured it's okay to have a 8 minute cool down? :|

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Its back for flavour reasons.

/thread
    what the fuck are you talking about, when had it ever been removed? fuck your condescending /thread, i'm asking why is the cd so long

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I guess because all it's used for is boss pulls they figured it's okay to have a 8 minute cool down? :|
    pvp? class fantasy? fun? is boss pulls all that anyone does these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about, when had it ever been removed? fuck your condescending /thread, i'm asking why is the cd so long

- - - Updated - - -

You use "Abomination" in PvP as far as i know.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Well to be honest in PvP most people use the abomination which has a much shorter cooldown

I'm not justifying the cooldown...it's silly since it isn't OP to the point of justifying a 8 min cd...devs just do stupid things for pointless reasons sometimes.

You don't typically use AotD on trash because they run around and taunt things...they can get you into a lot of trouble and agro things you don't want to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s one of the biggest bursts in the game, I’d guess that’s why it has a larger CD. Like others said, it’s pretty much a boss CD.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

It used to be the most op cd (not just the dps it gave, but the fact that you spawned actual minions that would also taunt and have hp) in the game for a very long time, hence why the CD is so big. It still one of the most powerful cd's in the game, so it should keep a very long cooldown... however they could make it a little lower I guess, but not below 5min.

Settle down bro, its not a basic cool down is it? how does 8 minutes effect your life? Its for flavour.

/thread

aotd was (i believe) a 10 minute a cd in wrath when it was first released. it was either used on pull or when you needed extra burst for a phase. that's the flavor they are talking about. i say i believe it was 10 min cause it could've been 30. there were still some 30 minute cds back then. though i'm certain it was 10 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Settle down bro, its not a basic cool down is it? how does 8 minutes effect your life? Its for flavour.

/thread
    my guess is someone is either having a bad day or can't handle reasoning that goes beyond 2+2. not everything has to make logical sense.

Is this spell really that powerfull that it warrants such a long CD? I can't think of many other spells in game that still share such absurdly long CDs.
    it was, under heroism, army of the dead was a good source of dps on boss, but it was before they removed it from frost spec (for me, i just play frost)

right now i dont know if they have been nerfed to the ground or not