Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Horde Barber shop gender reassignment

Really enjoying the new barber shop customisation options...

Being able to swap a characters gender without paying for it is great and probably a bit overdue.

One thing.. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something here?..

Let's say I've got a Forsaken Rogue called Dave. Dave undergoes some barber shop gender reassignment..

Lady Dave is still called Dave.

I can't see where I change the name? Any ideas?

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    And thats where you still kinda pay for it.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theundad View Post

Being able to swap a characters gender without paying for it is great and probably a bit overdue.

Let's say I've got a Forsaken Rogue called Dave. Dave undergoes some barber shop gender reassignment..

Dave is the nickname of Davina

Their trick is that it'll tempt you to buy a name change. The real reason people are doing this is because the gender appearance change never sold but now they're gonna get a bunch of sales despite the fact that it's cheaper.

7+ Year Old Account
    My character named "Princess" shall forever stay female, lest someone report me, but outside of that I'm fine with with Dave being female :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    Their trick is that it'll tempt you to buy a name change. The real reason people are doing this is because the gender appearance change never sold but now they're gonna get a bunch of sales despite the fact that it's cheaper.
    Bruv, they changed a paying service into a free one, just for once, appreciate it and dont search for the evil marketing reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    My character named "Princess" shall forever stay female, lest someone report me, but outside of that I'm fine with with Dave being female :-)
    Huh, weird. When I read "Princess" I think of a male orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Huh, weird. When I read "Princess" I think of a male orc.
    I think of a big boar in Elwynn.

3+ Year Old Account
    Dave could be your character's middle/last name, or could even be short for something like... Daveina?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

it's 2020, names have no gender.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Bruv, they changed a paying service into a free one, just for once, appreciate it and dont search for the evil marketing reason.
    This is an observation based on my own experience with corporate businesses. I'm completely embracing this new change, I've changed gender on two characters. I'm not searching for the evil actively, I merely noticed it at first glance none-judgementally. I think I'm right that it's a smart business move on them because they get more sales and we also get something for free.

They really should allow players to change their names as well, when they swap genders. It feels so backwards otherwise insisting that the characters who changed sex abide by their old name. It ruins immersion right there.

People can't be happy with anything anymore...
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

They could add the option to create a new for each gender, so. If you swap gender your name swaps automatically.if u wanna change the name later u need to pay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    People can't be happy with anything anymore...
    Its like (so we say in Germany) if you reach them your little finger they will take your whole hand.

We live in a time where everyone wants more for less costs... Everything should be free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Name changing is still a paid service, as was linked above. I changed my Mage from male to female in 9.0.1, and I still trying to decide if the name "Althoucault" is essentially male, female, or entirely alien. Regardless, I think she's never looked better:

Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-17 at 11:52 AM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Haha, you really thought they would remove a paid service in the best interest of the player.
    All corporate wants is money.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You can change it from the cash shop.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I think the issue with making name changes free is that it would make it really easy for trolls to abuse the system. Say someone in trade chat starts shouting abusive comments, sure you can click to report them but a lot of people won't, then they just go and change name so no one knows who it was.

That said I think giving a free name change on something like a 6 month cooldown would be great if they really want to support diversity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wish they did have name change to the barber shop, but have it put on a cooldown so people cannot keep changing it.

I do feel adding the name change for free and at will, will be exploited for harassment and stuff. So I would prefer that maybe add a cooldown to it. Say like you can only change the name of your character every three months :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-10-17 at 12:41 PM.