Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    gankers will always try to pretend that they're not actually compensating for a lack of skill and crippling personal issues.

Always reminds me of twinks who claimed that they were twinking to fight other twinks,and not to gank helpless people....until blizzard made twinks queue against other twinks in BGs,and the twinking community literally died within a week,without as much as a whimper as they weren't willing to admit that they actually just wanted to get free kills
    Seeing the twink community shrivel up and die was hands down one of my favorite moments in WoW history.

Idk its stupid. Itd be cool if they added the Outnumbered buff. "For every enemy PC within 40 yards you take ---% less damage and deal ---% more damage to enemy players"

People get less honor the more that participates in a group.

Solo is up to +16, group can be just +2. It's halved per player before diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Maybe you could start off by explaining to everyone why you have warmode on?
    but muh warmode bonuseses!!!! theys totes worth being camped when i hates pvps!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Yes. technically, we used to have dishonorable kills for people under a certain level...whatever...implement that, but stop this bitching about how ganking is a bad thing.
    pretty sure low levels were just honorless, dishonorable kills were certain npcs. these npcs often called guards, but if you killed them you got a dishonorable kill, which... made no sense. theyre actively trying to kill you, after all.

Because it's fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a multiplayer game, if you don't have any friends around, then maybe "War" isn't the mode you want to be playing in.
    /s

The problem here is there are no consequences for ganking the lower levels. Much of the people that level with WM on only do so for the experience gain. If Blizzard didn't add that to the buff those people wouldn't feel obligated to turn it on. Blizzard needs to remove the experience gain from it and add something else pvp related to it.

People already pointed out we used to have DHKs. That worked back then as it directly affected your pvp rank. You could drop 1 whole rank with just a handful of DHKs. That kind of system means shit these days. Only thing to somewhat help the ganking at least in towns is drastically buff guards. Do something like back in vanilla when they buffed the Light's Hope Chapel guards. They were no joke, they did serious damage, knocked you back and everything else. If they made guards immune to all cc effects, gave them a healing debuff, gave them perhaps a constant net every few secs and increased their damage tenfold THEN perhaps you'd be somewhat safe in towns/quest hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's considered griefing if what you are you doing is preventing a player from properly playing or enjoying the game. In Vanilla it wasn't part of the code of conduct but it certainly is now because of those pre-bc trolls.
    Imagine, IMAGINE! imagine calling something griefing that you have the option to avoid by A) Turning off warmode or B) Not starting on a pvp server in the case of classic.

Imagine crying about such things and calling them "griefing" lol

ok boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Players: "We want more PvP!"

Blizzard: "You can PvP any time you want - just flick a switch."

Players: "WAAAAH!!!!!! PvP happened after I flicked a switch and I didn't win! This game is horrible and I want it fixed now!!!!!!!!!1"

Basically how every one of these threads goes.
    I think Blizzard themselves said they can actually cut the amount of complaints they have in half if they somehow figured out a way to remove losing from PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved solo ganking people when I played on wpvp before but I hate getting ganked by large groups of players so i keep warmode off.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Because it's fun.
    At the beginning, but once you've driven all the other faction out of warmode and you can't even find a single horde player to whack any more.

The last 3 Nazjatar PvP events - I didn't get credit because I couldn't find a horde player to kill

Our server is now PvP mode = alliance, PvE mode = horde.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Imagine, IMAGINE! imagine calling something griefing that you have the option to avoid by A) Turning off warmode or B) Not starting on a pvp server in the case of classic.

Imagine crying about such things and calling them "griefing" lol

ok boomer
    Just because you don't bother reading the Code of Conduct doesn't mean other people don't and that Blizzard doesn't enforce it.

15+ Year Old Account
    gankers will always try to pretend that they're not actually compensating for a lack of skill and crippling personal issues.

Always reminds me of twinks who claimed that they were twinking to fight other twinks,and not to gank helpless people....until blizzard made twinks queue against other twinks in BGs,and the twinking community literally died within a week,without as much as a whimper as they weren't willing to admit that they actually just wanted to get free kills
    This isn’t really true. I was part of a very active 39 and 49 bracket during TBC and 4-5 twinks would be in matches I would get into. Frequently I was outnumbered because of my faction. Our battlegroup ran twink only events including arena. The people that always say this never understood that twinks were the only cross server/realm community that existed and will ever exist in this game.

There were enough 70 twinks during Cata to do AV 8 hours a day back to back to back. Warglaives galore, typically 4 sets per faction per match. People were all Sunwell/BT geared. If you were PVP geared you were kinda meh... whatever, he tried a little bit. Running 100+ 70 twinks during peak hours really blows apart your theory and argument.

Every time/expansion the twink population would grow, stabilize in a bracket (70’s in Cata being a prime example all playing with XP off.) Blizzard would throw something into the mix that wrecked the bracket and concept.

I mean sure, STV twinks were a thing that just wanted to grief.

However there were a ton of dedicated people that played with XP off that had their experience wrecked time and time again. We just wanted to get off the gear treadmill. Hell, I quit before the RNG fiasco you people put up with on your mains.
    Last edited by Misuteri; 2020-10-17 at 09:14 PM.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    Maybe people complain because they have no problem with PvP but a bunch of max level people attacking a lowbie isn't PvP. All you ever hear about from PvPers is how they're are SOOOO much more skilled than PvE players because they don't face a NPC that has a dictated attack and then turn around and grief the hell out of players that have no way of fighting back. The entire reward system of PvP is called "Honor", so what honor is there in attacking those that can't fight back or going around in groups and picking on solo players? That's right, there is NONE at all. They should bring back dishonorable kills and make the punishment stiffer, also make the guards in questing hubs on par with Raid Bosses, etc. Also the fact that people back up the people that do that crap are just as bad. Its the same as the stupid high school bullies that tease and pick on those they know can't stand up or fight back to them but instead of people being against it you TWITS are for it....
    how is a player killing another player NOT pvp? pvp stand for player vs player. Not equally leveled/skilled/geared player vs another equally..........
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account

That only applies to people who gank lowbies or camp. Nowadays we have quests that literally send you off to kill enemy faction and world quest that only give conquest with warmode on. The whole point is to gank people, thats wpvp. I mean if you aren't willing to fight an enemy player then why in the world roll a pvp server or enter warmode that shit just never made sense to me. So if 'gankers' (are you supposed to dirnk a crossfaction chat potion and honorably request a duel?) are psychopath bullies then the people who intentionally put themselves in their path are retards, its only fair.

The twink thing is spot on though, there is no excuse.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-10-17 at 09:22 PM.

WOW PvP is alive?I thought it died long time ago!!!Whit hords crying all d time that there is no alianses to corpsfarm or that d 2 aliances that turn their pvp mode on get extra reward for getin corpsfarmed by full hoird raid

A 1v1 world PvP kill of an equal level player awards 16 honor. Each player that contributes to the kill reduces that amount by about a half. Gankers teaming up to kill players 5v1 are being rewarded with 1-2 honor if their victim is at-level. Otherwise, if their victim is far below their level, they receive nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

The existence of this thread is why 5 people gank you.

The only thing I will say is Blizzard should make all neutral rest area sanctuary so nobody can attack anybody in a rest spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There's no point in posting these threads. It does nothing but summon the pvp tryhards to get nasty without about how ganking is a part of the game while disregarding the fact that constantly ganking the same player actually goes against the game's code of conduct as it's considered griefing.
    That is 100% bs i aint a pvp tryhard i hardly ever pvp i have it on for the extra rewards when i do wq if i ever get ganked so be it if i dont like it i turn it off its that easy.