Poll: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    sadly I'm addicted so I'll likely play the game in some form, I would just play a lot less because again why play something you dislike right (I'd focus more on achieves or collections instead of actual content)

tbh, if SL sucks, or if the perception is as bad as Cata/Wod/Bfa... it would crush the playerbase from the normal 5+ Milli to probably 1 making it a life support game like Diablow or whatever else you think in the blizz line up is life support (Hearthstone and OW are not on life support, they make a lot of money)

So again if blizz doesn't make this xpac good like Legion, Mop, or Wrath, they are looking to pretty much KILL the game

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Given the game's history, fair and wise.
    The more people realise wow is a game and its supposed to be fun, the better. Sure, some grind is required and doing boring stuff from time to time, but theres a limit. Honestly, most of us should spend less time writing on these forums, complainig about the game, and rather just unsub when not happy :P

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything not related to player power will be just fine , I'll play casually if it sucks and collects mount and transmog until the next one.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Considering the trend one has seen on these forums, most answers can be converted into "Keep giving them money but be most outraged on forums/social media over how the product just iSn't wOrTh It aNYmOrE!!!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    as of writing this, 40.34% of people who voted are the keeping the problems with this game alive...
    Because no one can have a different opinion about what is or isn't fun then you right?

If its worth my time I will play, if its not I won't. Is this some sort of cosmic revelation?
    People are able to not play the game and do something else with their life. I know, its shocking.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Unsubscribe and go play something else? Is this a trick question?

I've personally come to terms with Shadowlands being the last chance I give Blizzard. If the expansion turns into another cash grab, I'm gonna cut my losses and put WoW - And ActivisionBlizzard as a whole - Permanently on the shelf. I grew up with Blizzard and their games, specifically form the Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 Era, so it's been rough seeing the path they've taken for many years now, but I cannot support the company anymore than this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because no one can have a different opinion about what is or isn't fun then you right?

If its worth my time I will play, if its not I won't. Is this some sort of cosmic revelation?
    People are able to not play the game and do something else with their life. I know, its shocking.
    The question of the poll is "If Shadowlands sucks." This means 40% of people who voted, will continue to play, even if their opinion of the expansion is that it sucks. Why are you being aggro?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Unsubscribe and go play something else? Is this a trick question?
    Yeah exactly it's not complicated.

I did that in Cataclysm, and I didn't come back until late MoP because I was hyped about WoD (lol in hindsight). I didn't stick around on WoW forums going "OMGAHD WOW SUX MONKEY NUTS EEEEUUUGHH" until the next expansion came out, unlike some people. Cataclysm sucked so hard I quit, so I quit. I played other games. Did other stuff.

Then when the next expansion comes up, if it sounds good, I might get it, if not, I won't. I largely skipped MoP. If WoD had also sounded dreadful, I might not even have bothered thinking about Legion. I actually had more fun than I'm entirely comfortable with in early WoD, it just got old really fast.

So to make me not even look at whether an expansion is good, I think I'd need a terrible expansion (way, way worse than BfA, which for me as a now-casual, was like 6/10 or 7/10, rather than 3/10 like Cataclysm), followed by another expansion which sounded terrible (as MoP sounded - turns out it was actually pretty good but that's another story).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I've personally come to terms with Shadowlands being the last chance I give Blizzard. If the expansion turns into another cash grab, I'm gonna cut my losses and put WoW - And ActivisionBlizzard as a whole - Permanently on the shelf. I grew up with Blizzard and their games, specifically form the Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 Era, so it's been rough seeing the path they've taken for many years now, but I cannot support the company anymore than this.
    No insult, but I find this attitude a bit weird. Like this "last chance" deal, like they're a boyfriend/girlfriend who has been shitty, not a business who makes games.

You're not in a relationship with them. If they make some game in four or six years that is, by all reviews, really cool, are you really going to ignore it because they "had their last chance", like you would with an ex-BF or something? If you would, that seems ridiculous, and if you wouldn't, why say "last chance"?

Honestly, if SL sucks, I won't, for example, ignore Diablo IV. Sure I won't pre-order it or anything, but I'll be waiting on reviews. If they're really positive, because I'm an ARPG fan, I'm probably going to pick it up. Seems like I'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face if I didn't.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

I voted a while back I would quit till next xpak, but I'd now change it to quit WoW forever, because I'm not really happy with some of Blizzard's decisions lately.

That said, I highly doubt it will suck at this point. It will probably have problems, and it may not be great, but they have already nerfed mythic+ and by extension buffed raiding right? At the very least, it will be much better than BFA just on that point alone. Also, I expect the delay to increase the quality of the end product greatly. The details of the end game when the game launches are what really hurt BFA early on, imo, and what could in fact really help future expansions if they learned from that launch state.

If they would finally re-add set bonuses, then we would really be back in business.

Also, I don't believe any big expansion feature will ever be as bad as Island Expeditions OR Warfronts. They were just tiresome, the first time I ever ran them.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-19 at 04:21 PM.

Honestly I am pretty much bracing myself for the worst atm. (I dislike saying that..) I mean I was very disappointed with pre-patch customizations. So I think it's a bad sign.

What would I do if they made it completely unplayable and terrible experience? Stop giving them my money. I been paying for quite a while now. Including for BFA even though a majority of players pushed others to mass unsubscribe. (Near launch of BFA) The thing is, I did enjoy somethings about BFA and I don't regret supporting it because honestly.. I didn't mind patch 8.2 at all. It's just, I don't think i could muster up supporting them financially this time around. I can't keep justifying and enabling bad business. (Which is giving us measly scraps and overcharging for them. Or massive amount of bugs, etc..)

I would probably still be around the forums. To see the outcome of the expansion. Just cut financial ties.

Probably quit at this point. A lot of friends have permanently moved on after 15 years. They feel disrespected by the devs, the company at this point. It takes a lot to fix damage like that. Not going to sugar coat it, but I am really feeling it too. It seems like even the smallest of things are not even functioning correctly in the game now and after spending a lot of time in the beta I am not feeling confident in Blizzard's capability to deliver here at this point.

That moment when you realize you want Ghostcrawler back. At least he had good ideas. Like private feedback forums for those who contribute actual good feedback. Now when I give feedback I feel like I am dropping suggestions in box that delivers straight to a paper shredder and the whole time the ones who should be seeing it are laughing hysterically at me and talking smack behind my back.

- - - Updated - - -

The question of the poll is "If Shadowlands sucks." This means 40% of people who voted, will continue to play, even if their opinion of the expansion is that it sucks. Why are you being aggro?
    This so much. Blizzard just isn't the same company I grew up with and it is sadly coming to that realization for me because I have put so much time into their games. However, there comes a point when in a bad relationship one needs to realize it is time to cut one's losses and move on.
    Last edited by majesta; 2020-10-19 at 04:28 PM.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

I will play cyberpunk 2077 and AC: Valhalla.
    Why bother with WoW anymore...

WoW will always be fun for me, it's like playing a sport. I don't grow tired of it. The core mechanics and gameplay loop is always fun. Sure, I quit for a while but I keep coming back. Just like I keep coming back to playing table tennis in winter (indoor) and basketball in summer (outdoor). I also come back to EvE Online now and then, both games are unique in it's own right that warrant coming back to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Same thing we always do Pinky...
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

10+ Year Old Account
    Some expansions have definitely been better than others, but I don't think any of them were just unplayable. Just sucked to the point where I had to quit. Ill be really surprised if SL is that bad.

I will do what I've done the last three expansions...Will play while it's fun..and once it's more of a drag I will move on with my life. Especially considering Cyberpunk comes out in a month..plus all the early 2021 games and my backlog...I have no reason to force myself to play wow anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find this funny. Blizzard has never went the way of the cash grab and to say otherwise, means you haven't been paying attention.
    90% of other MMOs have microtransactions for almost all cosmetic parts of the game and some are even PTWin. Blizzard has online store where it sells mounts/pets and character services.
    Recently they retired one paid service and are giving it to players as part of Shadowlands.
    By delaying Shadowlands, they have hurt their bottom line. They did this to insure the quality of the game is there.
    So, please tell me again how Blizzard does things as a Cash Grab.

Dont get me wrong, if there were another game out there I would bounce. I have no loyalty to Blizzard other than that I like WoW. I play whatever game I find enjoyable. I hoping New World or Pantheon are decent.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

I wonder why people would vote the ''keep playing'' option if they think that the game sucks. If its bad then there are plenty of other games out there, especially around the time Shadowlands releases (Cyberpunk 2077, AC: Valhalla, Watch Dogs: Legion just to name a few). Or they are doing like me that they simply play the older content and not bother with the current expansion, as I'm mostly leveling alts through older zones. But I would not play WoW nearly as much as with expansions that I do enjoy.

I mean we already know Shadowlands is going to suck. The game needs to just stop trying to be something it's not.
    Retail wow is no longer on the the map in terms of being a fun enjoyable game longterm.

TBC Classic is where it's at for an MMORPG.

Honestly, Ashes of Creation is the next winner, that's where the MMO community will end up.

prob keep playing need to keep getting r1 for cute titles in arena :3