Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The level of mental gymnastics in here is blowing my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Perma ban seems excessive.
    It's indefinite tho, not perma necessarely nor do I think it's gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    Virtue signaling goes both ways
    Signalling how little you care about a word?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post

Actually it fucking does lol.
    Actually it doesn't. Get served.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark forces View Post
    I am not posting in defense of the language used by these 2 but:

I thought I’d offer some insight since I grew up in Sweden and was educated there until I moved to America to live with my Aunt at around 16! ( am 25 now)

We are educated in formal English, but we are not educated in US history. When I was in school, we did not learn anything about segregation in the USA, AA slavery, etc and when I took my last 2 years of school in the USA, both my writing and history classes for 2 years covered it so many times throughout the years. For black history month, I remember we’d spend the whole month.. learning. It opened my eyes because I had never gotten this education until I was 16.

I remember the first time I heard the n word, it was when I was raiding and our guild leader called the boss it after we wiped at 3% or something. Never heard it in my life, I knew he was saying something bad, but I didn’t know what it was. I looked it up and it basically said it was a derogatory word used against African Americans. I didn’t think to look deeper.

I continued to hear the word in vent and it was always used for comedic effect about something or to fake insult a friend.

I began to use the word in the same way. I’m not ashamed of myself, I’m ashamed that I brought myself up in WOW on Eu as a kid because it was a lot of bad influences, but I’m not ashamed that I said something I had no clue what it meant outside what my friends and teammates used it as in game.

Obviously, once I move to the us and began learning in this school system I learned a lot and nobody in my guild on us realms said the n word ever. I never used it again.

I think you should consider that this is their second language and they are professional gamers that probably never even attempted to familiarize themselves with the history. They are morons, yes. They are uneducated, yes. But they might not be racist.

My personal opinion is that the hatred behind swapxy’s tone leads me to believe he’s an ass but Raiku maybe just stupid
    I'm finnish myself and I didn't know we were this much ahead in civilization and education than our western neighbours of Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    Yeah same bro, i was on the discord and we were like totally agree rotfl

Sport and racism have always been linked, zero tolerance is the best way to go especially in a professional contexts. I don't shit on clients precisely because you never know who knows who.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism...ation_football
    I dunno. People here ranting and raving about how racist it is seem to make a bigger deal about some mouth sounds than the ones who don't think it really affects anyone.

Nobody is going to bring back lynching because some guy on a video game got away calling a guy of any ethnicity a slur aimed at black people.

So basically someone leaked some vods with some unsavory shit (dropping n-bombs) and Blizz banned the dudes.

Raikus statement: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sreglf

"I said the n-word one time and one time a modified version of it), but that does not make me a racist." - Lol, stressed out and angry calling someone n-slur as an insult is pretty fucking textbook racist behaviour.

On the one hand, I'm disappointed since these lads have been on top of their game for so long and pretty much the best EU team there is, but on the other hand I'm glad that the deep seeped racism of the WoW scene gets pulled out in the open because no matter what people in denial say, our scene is disgustingly toxic and racist and people use alot of racial slurs like "jew" as insults to this day.

Also this is where he just shoots himself on the foot and soils his apology and turns the focus into playing the victim of some dirty scheme.
    Cardi B used the n word about 10 times in her rant quitting twitter today so she should be banned from things and #cancelled right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Perma ban seems excessive.
    Much less from something that wasn't broadcast by them. Sure ban them from participating in sponsored events, but to ban from the game for something that wasn't even "in the game"? Ok let me go dig up anyone I don't like and find out some dirt on them. Have a criminal record? You should be banned from the game. This is just basically the WoW version of the pumpkin spice Karen putting #BLM on her instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Cardi B used the n word about 10 times in her rant quitting twitter today so she should be banned from things and #cancelled right?
    If she's a brand ambassador for a brand that cares about the language she uses then yes, she will have her association terminated. Do you really think a company that made a statement in support of BLM can actually have one of the highest-ranked and most well-known PVP rosters on Youtube with videos of them using racial slurs specifically targetted towards Black people? What kind of message would that send to their Black employees, fans, influencers, investors etc.

"Whataboutism" is never a valid counter. Indefinite ban seems like the right play for the moment because they can choose to engage with the players again at a later date, but they can't just do nothing.

Nigger.

Am I racist now?

Infracted
    Last edited by xskarma; 2020-10-21 at 03:52 PM.

There's a difference between calling your friend "nigga" and calling black people niggers because you hate them.

If that line was crossed, then they should be banned for 3 days at max. If not, then I see no reason why they should be banned.

i agree with the ban, but permanently? that's nonsense..

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's a difference between calling your friend "nigga" and calling black people niggers because you hate them.

If that line was crossed, then they should be banned for 3 days at max. If not, then I see no reason why they should be banned.
    They weren't banned ingame, they were banned from competing in Blizz events. Xset also dropped them atleast they should, because their manifesto says "the most inclusive and diverse community in gaming" so having kids who drop n-bombs casually because they get mad at losing would be pretty weird.

They weren't banned ingame, they were banned from competing in Blizz events. Xset also dropped them atleast they should, because their manifesto says "the most inclusive and diverse community in gaming" so having kids who drop n-bombs casually because they get mad at losing would be pretty weird.
    or maybe they're so inclusive and diverse that they let people do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    or maybe they're so inclusive and diverse that they let people do anything?

Another white boy downplaying how serious issue racism is, more news at 11.
    How would you know he is white? Sounds like an arbitrary assumption rooted in racial bias to me.

This thread should be closed, the stupidity, virtue signalling, and in some cases actual racism displayed here is appalling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anger isnt rational or thought out. If I call someone a cocksucking redneck who fucks sheep does that mean I hate gay people/rural white people or think the person is into bestiality or that I am? Or does me calling someone a dumb bitch doesn't mean I hate women? No it just means I'm saying something that I think will piss them off.

Care to explain?
    Tread carefully, reason is a surefire way to get hated on in these forums.

I feel like most of the people here are the type that sing along word for word to vulgar hip hop that drop the n bomb 10+ times and then criticize other people for doing the same thing.

General rule of thumb, If you're involved in any professional setting that involves getting paid then you probably shouldn't say stuff like that. Also I'm pretty sure spewing out stuff like that doesn't leave a good first impression anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anger isnt rational or thought out. If I call someone a cocksucking redneck who fucks sheep does that mean I hate gay people/rural white people or think the person is into bestiality or that I am? Or does me calling someone a dumb bitch doesn't mean I hate women? No it just means I'm saying something that I think will piss them off.
    That doesn't refute my point at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    Never used or online or any other games and sounds little strange that to someone it's suppose to be normal to say it
    Last edited by vipers; 2020-10-19 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    Nope. Never have in my life. It's pretty fucking easy not to be a piece of shit.

Snowflakes SJWs, the word wasn't even directed to a black person so where is the racism?