Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    OMG U NOOB it'll be cleared in 95 minutes and 47 seconds! FAAAAAIIIIIIL
    Shit my calculations must have been off :<

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Right. But a decade of practice? Aside from a mathmatical road block.. I still think a lock out easily. To say other wise is a pretty big dis to the skill these players have.
    oh yeah,if the math allows it,yeah any previously cleared raid would go down in a lockout,i was saying they would lead to a few wipes,bosses like star augur,maiden,football boss all made every top guild wipe every so often on re-clears,meanwile i highly doubt any top guild is gonna wipe in naxx passed their first clear,the nature of the figths alows mistakes,the dps checks are also ridiculously low so a few dead wont matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its gonna take more than an hour,its a huge place,think even the private server speed kils with naxx gear had it at just under 2 hours
    Oh boy, here comes peak classic difficulty: a long hike.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Oh boy, here comes peak classic difficulty: a long hike.
    personaly i wish we had more raids like naxx size wise,even larger,where you wouldnt just clear in a day if it on farm and only extend for the last few bosses and only on mythic,i would like to see a raid where it could naturaly take over a week to clear it

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh yeah,if the math allows it,yeah any previously cleared raid would go down in a lockout,i was saying they would lead to a few wipes,bosses like star augur,maiden,football boss all made every top guild wipe every so often on re-clears,meanwile i highly doubt any top guild is gonna wipe in naxx passed their first clear,the nature of the figths alows mistakes,the dps checks are also ridiculously low so a few dead wont matter
    So we were in agreement from the start. Well played..

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    It's gonna be cleared the day it releases.
    If it’s going yo be cleared the day it releases why is there a damage buff? Don’t they want it to be like launch? Was any raid like launch? Naxx in 2004 wasn’t cleared in 6 months right? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloe View Post
    If it’s going yo be cleared the day it releases why is there a damage buff? Don’t they want it to be like launch? Was any raid like launch? Naxx in 2004 wasn’t cleared in 6 months right? Who knows.
    Just because a handful of guilds have collected all the resist gear/consumables they need dose not mean all of us will clear it on day 1.

Naxx will be a short and somewhat unsatisfying ending to a long walk down memory lane.

Its been nice coming back and seeing it all again, but i don't think we will be geekscreaming like we did when we cleared it the first time around.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

hard raid for noobs, cakewalk for pros

Still fun, its not like wow is good only for world firsts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Personally just excited for after naxx.
    When suddenly everyones walking around with t3 every third caster has Atiesh....somehow every Moonkin has it no one quite sure what to do..

Half the populace wants new vanilla style raids half want BC...about a third leave cause they did what they wanted
    absolute chaos. Been thinking about this for a long time. Too bad my guild disbanded after killing cthun. won't be playing classic anymore but I will be watching what will happen.

Within 4 hours it will be cleared unless there is a bug that prevent progress.

So only a mathmatical road block could stop them? Not really a challenging mechanic or skill check. Not really a difficulty issue then.
    Well that is exactly a skill check where everyone in the raid will have to be top performer otherwise the boss won't fall. Where you have to do mechanics and perform at 99% at the same time takes practice and skill. What accounts for skill for you then? Most of recent last bosses have really narrow gap between check points and best possible raid performance while most of old bosses were like: you need 5k hps and 15k dps to kill this boss while raid top possible performance 10k hps and 25k dps which is a massive window to hit even if you are bad at the game.
    Because everything is mathematical roadblock of what you can get away with and still kill the boss.
    TOP 100 guilds might have had better gear then most people at the start, but their corruption resistance i.e. was only allowing one or two corrupted items to be worn while people who killed the boss in the last three months of BfA had full corrupted gear and big nerfs to the boss too.
    Our goal used to be to kill bosses before the nerfs because usually after the nerfs the window for the fuck ups is significantly bigger and it does not feel as good because you might have performed worse than before and still killed the boss.

raid in classic wow.

3+ Year Old Account
    This massive buff aura is only for the PTR. Stop spreading misinformation please.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well that is exactly a skill check where everyone in the raid will have to be top performer otherwise the boss won't fall. Where you have to do mechanics and perform at 99% at the same time takes practice and skill. What accounts for skill for you then? Most of recent last bosses have really narrow gap between check points and best possible raid performance while most of old bosses were like: you need 5k hps and 15k dps to kill this boss while raid top possible performance 10k hps and 25k dps which is a massive window to hit even if you are bad at the game.
    Because everything is mathematical roadblock of what you can get away with and still kill the boss.
    TOP 100 guilds might have had better gear then most people at the start, but their corruption resistance i.e. was only allowing one or two corrupted items to be worn while people who killed the boss in the last three months of BfA had full corrupted gear and big nerfs to the boss too.
    Our goal used to be to kill bosses before the nerfs because usually after the nerfs the window for the fuck ups is significantly bigger and it does not feel as good because you might have performed worse than before and still killed the boss.
    I think you missed the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quez View Post
    You're too generous.

My guess would be 2 hours or less.
    you're too generous. apes will probably clear it in half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be steamrolled with ease. I can't wait for it though as I've always enjoyed everything about Naxx. My guild won't faceroll it, but we will clear it in the end, and a lot of the fun is the challenges on the way to that full clear. Not to mention useful tier pieces and gear and none of this random crap on sets.

Sick of AQ, looking forward to it big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top guilds will clear it right away. No issues. Normal players on the other hand can struggle for a longer time. People are wiping in Molten Core and Onyxia so I'd imagine Naxx will offer some challenge to the casual crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    It's gonna be cleared the day it releases.
    Ofc it will. The raid has been out like 15ish years or whatever. Everything is just a reclear in "Classic", aint nothing like it was back in vanilla

I think you missed the point.
    Not really. This is a hypothetical case of someone being training for naxx for 10 years which I am pretty sure is not true. Not saying that they did not play in privates, but they certainly did not raid Naxx for 10 years. And that's not like you would need that. Half a year would get to all the knowledge you need to kill a boss blindfolded.
    You are calling those people the best of the best while in reality they can be a heroic level progression raider in retail as classic is way less about skill and more about "do I have time for this".
    New bosses are way more skill heavy as you just can't do mistakes while operating your class at near full potential. I would not require 800 pulls as such but even with the know stats and raid dps/hps/comp required to kill boss it will be a few raidnights struggle because of perfect execution requirement.
    There are plenty of people who are downing raids in one raid who have never raided back in the day. Any cutting edge raider should be more than capable of that given that he went through the mechanics on the wowhead