Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The most important information is .... "6-Month".
    Shadowland will be out in 2021.

Enjoy the new leveling system !
    There is litteraly NOTHING supporting your batshit crazy theory.
    if anything "**Subscription-and-Transmogrification Set bundle offer valid through December 13, 2020."
    hints to it coming december 15/16 and they use fomo to raise subs to have a high launch of the expansion. This is also a reach, but not nearly as far as you are reaching

ugly gaylord transmog!

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    Can we maybe address why 97% of all all cloth chest pieces in the game are robes?

Why must all casters be running around in nothing but dresses for 15 straight years?

At what point does someone in art direction at Activistion say "what the fuck are we doing here?"
    Casters wear robes. No exceptions. If you don't like this, you don't like fantasy and need to leave. It's already bad enough that some casters can wear daggers and offhands and the likes. If you're a spellcaster, you carry a staff. Everything else is disgusting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Casters wear robes. No exceptions. If you don't like this, you don't like fantasy and need to leave. It's already bad enough that some casters can wear daggers and offhands and the likes. If you're a spellcaster, you carry a staff. Everything else is disgusting.
    See i wanna joke with you, but its bullshit cause in shadowlands if you have a staff with the new stuff it dissapears so you cant even use a staff with the new stuff... you HAVE to use main/off if you want to use the new back peices, and also have visible weapons.

Main/off

staff

no legit, im wearing a staff.
    just stuff that goes on your back go invis if your using one of the new 3d back peices.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-10-20 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its not gear, its not even gear, it doesent even go in your bags, its just dropped into your apperence tab.

- - - Updated - - -

No one knew about them or cared about them?
    Mate the spectral tiger sells for a few thousand dollars, of course it is.
    you are the one defending it, im saying "If it was ok then why is it not ok now" was it ok then or was it not? have some consistency, I believe it was never ok, but its been in since day 1, so who am i to complain?
    I joined wow knowing it has been this way since day 1 of vanilla.
    Just wait a bit, soon enough gear with stats will appear on the store to. Remember back in MoP when they put those helmets in the store and the amount of flack they got? Yeah, so much they had to remove them.

Bit by bit, little by litte, with every item/gear/mount the put up on the store and they get away with, the more it will expanded. Enough people will probably by this tmog set, enough people wont care enough to speak out about how this breaks down the game.

Gear with stats on it will come to the store soon enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Just wait a bit, soon enough gear with stats will appear on the store to. Remember back in MoP when they put those helmets in the store and the amount of flack they got? Yeah, so much they had to remove them.

Bit by bit, little by litte, with every item/gear/mount the put up on the store and they get away with, the more it will expanded. Enough people will probably by this tmog set, enough people wont care enough to speak out about how this breaks down the game.

"So much so they had to remove them" what...? they didnt remove them cause they got flack... they stayed in the game till mid BFA when they went away with a ton of other stuff in the store to be "retried"
    also thats called slippery slope fallacy "they added stuff to the store 15 years ago, so you know eventually they are gunna add actual gear!"

They have been selling mounts, tmogs, pets, toys, etc for 15 years. and we have had 0 sign of selling player power. I doubt its coming at all, or anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    The helms were removed in 2018. They were added in 2013. So no they were not removed because of salty people. Those salty people though became toxic when people were kicked from groups or content just because they had an item. The true issue with these items are not that they exist or are sold but that people somehow get so bent out of shape over them that they actively try to be jerks to others.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Kind of digging this '6 month subscription' thing. It helps keep subscriptions through content drought, lures in both old and new players, and rewards those who keep their subscription ongoing. Beats just throwing it in the cash shop.
    I mean, they basically only do this because they know that some people will say "Look, you even get it for free if you're subscribed" as if this would somehow change the fact that we're talking about "micro"transactions in a game that already costs 15$/14€ a month and 40€ every two years. After the ""free"" period it will be just another store-exclusive item with significantly higher production value than most of the items you can actually obtain within the game. Doesn't really create the best incentives for Blizzard but they'll fucking do it as long as enough clowns buy this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The helms were removed in 2018. They were added in 2013. So no they were not removed because of salty people. Those salty people though became toxic when people were kicked from groups or content just because they had an item. The true issue with these items are not that they exist or are sold but that people somehow get so bent out of shape over them that they actively try to be jerks to others.
    This is the funniest example of corporate bootlicking I've seen so far. Nowhere did Blizzard mention that they removed these items because "the community is so toxic". The only reason they removed those items is that they most likely sold like shit and they wanted to squeeze at least some sales out of them by creating a forced scarcity to trigger people's fear of missing out.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-10-20 at 10:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I mean, they basically only do this because they know that some people will say "Look, you even get it for free if you're subscribed" as if this would somehow change the fact that we're talking about "micro"transactions in a game that already costs 15$/14€ a month and 40€ every two years. After the ""free"" period it will be just another store-exclusive item with significantly higher production value than most of the items you can actually obtain within the game. Doesn't really create the best incentives for Blizzard but they'll fucking do it as long as enough clowns buy this shit.
    This whole idea that subscription games can't have micro transactions is silly. Most games that are free to play offer subscriptions as well. They are going to do it regardless because Blizzard wants to make money. Insulting people as clowns just because they have money to spend is silly. Stop being so salty over virtual items in a game.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the funniest example of corporate bootlicking I've seen so far. Nowhere did Blizzard mention that they removed these items because "the community is so toxic". The only reason they removed those items is that they most likely sold like shit and they wanted to squeeze at least some sales out of them by creating a forced scarcity to trigger people's fear of missing out.
    I never said they were removed because the community is toxic. Instead of looking for ways to insult people and continue your hate for Blizzard perhaps read what is actually there.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    People being outraged is just silly.

New/additional sources of revenue is just inevitable.

I hate Activision as much as anyone, but regardless of their influence, Blizzard is still a business.
    Keeping the lights on, or small profits won't cut it.
    Let's say a minimum of 500k people play wow monthly, I say minimum because it's probably way more than that. And if they all pay 12 dollars/euros or w/e that's 6.5mil, per month. That's more than enough.

It's just greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    True, no matter the side, the shitshow is glorious.

Sooo, if I get this for free since I have 6 month sub, am I participiating too?
    yes indeed and so did i.And i am okay with it.

Square gets some money from me and my wife occasionally on the mog shop, when there's a nice looking outfit or something. I don't mind at all giving money to Blizzard for something like that. It's not like I can't get any number of cool outfits in both games through gameplay and it's transmog not actual gear pieces.

A lot of people freaking out over nothing. Chill.

IMO this isn't a bad thing at all. Remember the people who make stuff for the in game shop are their own team.

10+ Year Old Account

Slippery slope fallacy at its finest. Is there a chance there will be more transmog sets on the shop? God yes i wouldn't doubt it. But going "Oh here comes the stats gear! Also characters! Also literally everything in the game!" is just conspiracy theorizing. Listen i will throw you a bone and ruin your delusion, you already can in essence buy gear. Simply buy yourself some tokens, exchange for gold, and then buy BoE gear that is on the AH. There! Now, what is next?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Let's say a minimum of 500k people play wow monthly, I say minimum because it's probably way more than that. And if they all pay 12 dollars/euros or w/e that's 6.5mil, per month. That's more than enough.

It's just greed.
    You are god damn right, but at the same time if literally everyone else is taking the money from the table, you would be an idiot to leave it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

It's just greed.
    >Imagine having a business and not wanting to get more money

Its not greed, its business.
    [/URL]

Fuckers give us content and not this piece of shit!

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This whole idea that subscription games can't have micro transactions is silly. Most games that are free to play offer subscriptions as well. They are going to do it regardless because Blizzard wants to make money. Insulting people as clowns just because they have money to spend is silly. Stop being so salty over virtual items in a game.
    Highlighted the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    A lot of people freaking out over nothing. Chill.

IMO this isn't a bad thing at all. Remember the people who make stuff for the in game shop are their own team.
    People are allowed to be unhappy about stuff like this you know.

And are they really? Did Blizzard make a small team for this? And why is it ok for them to not just put them in the main team and put these things in the game instead? So people can try and get it in the game?

And I've seen the costume, it looks completely 3D and the hood has actual holes for the ears of other races, the feathers on the hood and the wings move and they look smooth. Where is that kind of quality for the gear that's actually in game? Can someone tell me please?

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    theyre testing the waters again with adding items and gear alongside mounts alreayd in the shop

whales will be whales
    6-month subbers are not whales. We save money.

And I don't see any actual gear. Cosmetics have no power on them.
    Granted, I wouldn't have gotten this set even for battle.net balance if it hadn't been a promo. But perhaps in the future, there'll be a set rewarded to me free of charge that I actually like.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Hah

hahahahhaahhahahahahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at it this way. Blizzard, as a company, needs to make a profit. Not JUST a profit, but a larger profit every quarter. Now, one way they can do that is by expanding a system of optional microtransactions. Another way is by selling out more, making a desperate attempt and increasing the game's sales and subscriptions by pandering and appealing to the common denominator. The more these alternative measures succeed, the less 'safe' the development team needs to be to secure that profit. This leads to more artistic freedom and creative control for the dev team.