Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Vanilla was some of the most imbalanced play out there. It was never tightly tuned.
    Yes that was what I was referring to... currently in sl the same class with the same spec is doing roughly 40% different in output as the same class and same spec with a different covenant.

This is during the time frame the game was supposed to launch at. I believe we will be looking at classic with envy over how tightly tuned of a game it is. Don't even get me stated on class imbalances compared to other classes. Some are doing three nearly four times the damage of others.

I'm sorry but views should by no metric be sign of quality.... Need I remind folks of the scourge that was Gangnam Style? Think it was the first MV to hit a billion views.
    If views where to be = quality then WOLK Cinematic should be sitting at the top. That thing still manages to give me the chills.

I've never understood the hype about WoD cinematic. It has one cool homage to WarCraft III and that's about it. The other is some orc stuff - it could easily been just one of the several orc mid-expansion orc high-quality CGIs

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I find it incredibly ironic that both of WoW's top 2 [TOP 2] cinematics go to both of the worst expansions. Not only that but both WoD and BfA were incredibly hyped up. It seems when Blizzard and other companies build on hype it blinds their communities to a coming failure. I have seen this happen numerous numerous times. Even aside from video games. WOTLK, Legion, MoP, BC, and WoW, all were advertised yes but not as much as the former two. WOTLK is critically considered the best expansion amongst most people with either MoP or Legion being the best by the other % followed by one of those three expansions being the second best in 95% of cases. Now let's look at Shadowlands. It's cinematic wasn't too much critically claimed at all. People berated and lectured Blizzard on Sylvanas' powers against the Lich King. They praised the art and detail as of course as well as both actor's performance. [Patty never fails].
    With advertisement even with COVID-19 in effect, it has been on the same level as the other expansions unlike WoD and BFA. No shiny cinematics like the Old Soldier for its Prepatch* [as of 10-20-20] or TV advertisements. There is no backlashing against feedback like with Blizzard banning/suspending people on their forums and snapping back at people on Twitter during WoD beta. In fact, this is the lowest i've ever seen for an expansion yet as far as hype. Shadowlands is looking pretty good in prepatch. Classes need some work but the gameplay is fine and the story so far is good and on a linear path unlike BFA and WoD.

Both are the most viewed videos on the Warcraft YT channel.

You have too much time on your hands and care way too much about stuff that you shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    yeah, they usually just cook them up in a week
    ^^^ how you know someone has never dabbled in any sort of 3d artistic endeavor

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    ^^^ how you know someone has never dabbled in any sort of 3d artistic endeavor
    how you know someone has never dabbled in any sort of sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Legion was hyped AF and it was amazing. Your point? BfA was not that hyped and there is very little hype about SL cinematic as the fight was onesided which was disliked by many. Seeing patterns and ignoring the rest of the stuff, how handy !
    Are you kidding me? BFA was hyped even before alpha had begun. We had a pre-prepatch for BFA in Jan of 2017. Hundreds of ads. Cinematics. Art. Etc
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    tbf game Cinematics can often be amazing even for subpar games.

As much as I enjoy Swtor, I understand its fairly average for a Game, yet it's Cinematics are some of the best I've ever seen for a Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm4JEZudf0c
    This is so true swtor hit it so far out of the park with there cinematic’s even down the line the eternal throne ones are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the irony is that immortal may actualy end up being their best game lol,well not quality wise but played and profitable with lootboxes
    It'd be almost impossible for Diablo Immortal and maybe even Diablo IV to be played more than Diablo 3. It's one of the most sold video games in the world.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It'd be almost impossible for Diablo Immortal and maybe even Diablo IV to be played more than Diablo 3. It's one of the most sold video games in the world.
    a mobile game is far easier played than a pc/console game,also the chinese market is HUGE,and good mobiles are dirt cheap compared to a gaming pc,also a game that has a gacha like monitization can easily make more money than diablo 3 did with simple sales

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Are you kidding me? BFA was hyped even before alpha had begun. We had a pre-prepatch for BFA in Jan of 2017. Hundreds of ads. Cinematics. Art. Etc
    Certainly not as hyped as WoD or Legion. It had cinematics coming out as WoD/Legion had and we have same thing with shadowlands. Books released too. Legion had several of those, then shorts and then chronicles. And I have no idea what you mean about pre-patch for bfa on Jan 2017 as I was raiding Nighthold on 7.1.5. Even in Jan 2018 was just second month of Anthorus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cinematic content and scripts are locked in years before anyone could possibly know how the expansion would be received.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    ya'll really underestimate the Chinese market. Genshin Impact literally made back its budget in 2 weeks as a Gacha.

MoP had TV commercials running all over the world. I've never seen an expansion as heavily advertised outside of WoW fansites, and that was at the same time as people laughed at the theme of the expansion.