Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is starting to wear on me. It's especially in bad taste (for me at least) to put this out after delaying an expansion for, unless I missed it somehow, a still undetermined amount of time. "Hey guys, we're sorry we didn't deliver...so buy 6 months of wow time and get this cosmetic that you can't get in the game you want but we failed at delivering! Don't delay, buy today"

I'm not even really upset about the delay, this has been a weird year and issues aside I'm certain it caused a lot of delays leading to Shadowlands delay. It sure has in every other aspect of my life. But this actually kinda pisses me off about the whole thing a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I slapped it on my Kul'Tiran druid and healed some low level instances for laughs. People threw salt like I was underseasoned.

Nothing says "This xpac is going to be great" like a freebie with a 6mo sub!

The more I think about it the more pissed off I get. First they remove tier sets and give everyone the same boring looking armour sets, then they start selling the good looking gear that should be tier gear from raids. I'd have absolutely loved this set if it was a Druid Mythic tier set or even tied to a difficult achievement or a super rare drop a la Dark Shaman set from SoO.

This only sets an ugly precedent of making us pay even more to get the new exciting armour sets while the stuff actually available in-game looks like Vanilla questing gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    People are allowed to be unhappy about stuff like this you know.

And are they really? Did Blizzard make a small team for this? And why is it ok for them to not just put them in the main team and put these things in the game instead? So people can try and get it in the game?

And I've seen the costume, it looks completely 3D and the hood has actual holes for the ears of other races, the feathers on the hood and the wings move and they look smooth. Where is that kind of quality for the gear that's actually in game? Can someone tell me please?
    I mean they literally hired people JUST for store mounts, so it's likely store transmogs will be from this team. IOW they're not pulling devs from the game to work on it, and the store likely self-funds itself.

FF14 has done this for years. It's fine, it's not the end of the world (of warcraft). I wonder if they'll sell lore-characters outfits like FF14 does, I honestly wouldn't mind that.

I remember when they added the celestial steed. A lot of these arguments and freak outs happened then. People were assuming it was the first step in adding raid gear to the store and etc.

And yet we've gotten way more non-store mounts than store mounts over the years and they've not added anything that actually offers in game benefits. They've included mounts or pets as bonuses since vanilla. I'm not going to worry about this and enjoy my fae wings I'm getting as part of a game I was going to be paying for the next 6-10 months anyway.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

FF14 does awful cash shop transmogs way better

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Enjoy watching quality gear sets go on the shop while we start getting Uldir level gear.
    Right. Because this Set just screams quality lol

I guess some people will like it...

Offer expires dec 13th? Will laugh if they announce further shadowlands delay on the 14th

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably the only one who thinks its nice to get "free" stuff when you commit for half a year. I see it as some kind of loyalty bonus. So for us who do it anyway, its a nice gift.

Might i quit because i dont like the game, some mog or mount isn't going to stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post

FF14 does awful cash shop transmogs way better
    If wow lets me buy lore character outfits like FF14 I'm going to have to eat out less lmao. I've been wanting valeera and varian's outfits for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It begins.

The removal of tier sets after Legion was proof this was going to happen, and you naïve white knights refused to listen.

Enjoy watching quality gear sets go on the shop while we start getting Uldir level gear.
    Have you not seen the 16 different Covenant sets, the 4 different types for Nathria, and the 4 different legendary appearances? Also there are dungeon armors as well as the random questing and world greens and blues you will get.
    But yeah, this one Sprite Darter set is the only quality gear appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they are literally every 6 months, they have nothing to do with the current state of the game...

Ummmm no, sweetie. The last 6 months sub deal came out 3,5 months ago. Nice try though :-)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...et-a-new-mount

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    The more I think about it the more pissed off I get. First they remove tier sets and give everyone the same boring looking armour sets, then they start selling the good looking gear that should be tier gear from raids. I'd have absolutely loved this set if it was a Druid Mythic tier set or even tied to a difficult achievement or a super rare drop a la Dark Shaman set from SoO.

This only sets an ugly precedent of making us pay even more to get the new exciting armour sets while the stuff actually available in-game looks like Vanilla questing gear.
    Hahhahahhahahhahhahhhahahah....*deep breath*...hahhahahhahahahhahah. The new sets coming in SL, while not all being winners, are nowhere near vanilla questing. Did you even try with this outrage or is this lame attempt what constitutes a valid concern to you?

3+ Year Old Account
    just what the expansion needed , a clown suit that looks like a mix between a rogue , peter pan and a faerie dragon

10+ Year Old Account
    It's cute but don't think it would fit any of my characters

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    Ummmm no, sweetie. The last 6 months sub deal came out 3,5 months ago. Nice try though :-)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...et-a-new-mount
    You're ignoring that this promotion ends in December.

Chances are this was intended to go out later but they pushed it up with the delay of Shadowlands in my opinion, considering that the Steamscale went from July to August, a one month span, and this is going from late October to December.

18 pages for a free transmog coming with a 6 months sub?

Really?

Oh my... that looks...
    I don't know anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    18 pages for a free transmog coming with a 6 months sub?

Really?
    Some people are saying this should've been given out for free (No 6 months sub strings attached) for those who pre-ordered Shadowlands as a compensation for the delay instead of "squeezing" them for more money.
    Last edited by Your Mommy; 2020-10-21 at 05:57 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with them charging for transmog sets, but charging for a set this ugly doesn't make much sense to me.