Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    And also the new please-don't-leave-us desperate 6-month "promotion."
    They have been doing them all of BfA. Stopping it now would be a little odd and it has nothing to do with a release time frame.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Let's all reflect on the fact that it is already almost the original release date and there is still no new release date announcement.
    2021 is looking more and more likely.
    So... You would rather them release an unfinished bug filled expansion that most definitely would be shitty of released when it wasnt ready, instead of being able to wait until they actually finish the product and maybe make a decent expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    A worldwide pandemic says hi. The 6 month promotional stuff happens every 6 months regardless. Nice to see the desperate spinning though.

If it needs delay until 21, so be it.
    Except it's not. Last 6 month promotion was in July. If it was every 6 months, the next would have been in January. Instead it conveniently drops whenever they have nothing to show.

Keep telling yourself that the 6 month promotion is not just a scam to keep people subscribed while showing them the finger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Except it's not. Last 6 month promotion was in July. If it was every 6 months, the next would have been in January. Instead it conveniently drops whenever they have nothing to show.

Keep telling yourself that the 6 month promotion is not just a scam to keep people subscribed while showing them the finger.
    ...Its not a scam...people here wouldn't know a scam if it bit them in the ass.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Let's all reflect on the fact that it is already almost the original release date and there is still no new release date announcement.
    2021? Heal yeah, will get enough time to fully explore Yakuza Like a Dragon and Cyberpunk

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    fixed that for ya
    no later than dec 8th

it seems like some of the bigger bugs got fixed overnight (my npcs stopped phasing and the travel quest was no longer bugged)

plus 7 weeks of prepatch is likely

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post

I don't need to tell myself that it isn't a scam, because it's not. It came a bit earlier, but I sure as hell haven't been forced to pay extra. The sheer hilarity of trying to paint it as a scam, cannot be overstated. Pathetic as it is at the same time.

Keep up the hyperbole though, it really lets one know which ones are a waste of time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since they've already ripped off the Band-Aid and delayed it, I would prefer they take as long as they need. If it's mid November or if they need till Spring 2021 as long as it's good. There are several games on the way that I want to play so I'm in no hurry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Its not a scam...people here wouldn't know a scam if it bit them in the ass.
    Paying less per month and getting free shit a couple times a year. Totally a scam.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2020-10-21 at 06:37 AM.

everyone said i was insane when i dared to suggest all the way back in august that 2021 is the most likely release date

There is a pandemic, so, everything has been postponed, movies, games, etc. it's gonna be okay. you don't have to stay subbed. we're about to be bombarded with a whole slew of top AAA games in a very very short time that are having to compete because of this pandemic, and even new consoles(if you were lucky enough to get one) over the next few months. If this is delayed til 2021 I am actually relieved. I have shadowlands paid for, and would have missed many of these for months and months. Now I'm gonna decide between AC Valhalla and CP2077 to sink the next while over, since they are both 100+ hour games, of all of life's problems happening in 2020, this is like the least concerning.

My best guess is we will not hear about a launch date until the original launch date at the soonest but likely early November.

The new Christie Golden book, which was supposed to come out a week before the launch, was delayed again, from Nov 24 to Dec 3. So I guess they are planning the launch on Dec 8 or Dec 15.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...tern-kingdoms/

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    The new Christie Golden book, which was supposed to come out a week before the launch, was delayed again, from Nov 24 to Dec 3. So I guess they are planning the launch on Dec 8 or Dec 15.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...tern-kingdoms/
    This is interesting.

I mean, December was the only plausible date after the official delay, so there's that. November was never likely because of the incredible video gaming competition in that month alone (and delaying for 3-4 weeks wouldn't have changed anything).

8th December seems like a safe bet now if they stick to a 2020 release.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    My bets are right around Christmas for sales or may push into 2021...a lot of work needs to be done still

It’s December 8th

99%

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    fixed that for ya
    if you honestly think they postpone to next year you are very naive

they rather release it in december in atrocious state just to make financial metrics for Q42020 look better
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-10-21 at 07:45 AM.

Whoever is saying 2021 - that's not going to happen. 0% chance Shadowlands will be released in 2021...
    It must be December 2020, but if raids are released as late as February 2021... I won't be surprised.

december 8th with raid release early janauary

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Paying less per month and getting free shit a couple times a year. Totally a scam.
    Yeah, it's not a scam. However, if this is going to be a trend where they're putting out these 6 month promotions every 3-4 months then that's a little dubious.

These promos aren't really for you anyway. If you're already doing a 6 month sub then they've already got you, hook line and sinker. It's not a "loyalty reward" because it's available to people who haven't played the game in years. These promos are specifically there to entice people who only pay/play for 1-4 months out of every 6. Sure you pay less per month than those people, but you still pay more overall. Blizzard wants the difference (no problem there, they're a business therefore they want money) and tossing out some cosmetic items is an easy way to get at least a few people who normally wouldn't pay for a full 6 months.

I remember when they needed to include something of ACTUAL value in these promotions. When I got the Annual Pass I knew I would be paying for more WoW than under normal circumstances, but I could subtract from it the cost of a full game that I already wanted to get (Diablo 3). It more or less worked out since I was only playing about 2 out of ever 3 months. I spent $60 more for WoW that year than I normally would have, but I got a $60 game out of it. If not for the amount of time I've spent on D3 over the past 8 years that decision would have been absolutely terrible. The mount, unique and unobtainable as it may be, is a throwaway at this point which I don't even use on any of my characters.

Op - Wants Expac now

Also OP - OMFG THEY RUSHED THIS EXPAC ....

Tbh i would much rather have them delay is as long as they need so it can be the Polished AAA title its meant to be