How do you know what trash to skip for Awakened without ALREADY knowing it?

This is unbelievably obnoxious design. It requires a tank to ALREADY know what to do which means the tank is REQUIRED to either fail multiple times and ruin others' day or to become a student of youtube videos which is not fun at all.

Make friends and learn together as was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    or to become a student of youtube videos
    That's not even needed in the slightest.
    There are maps for each dungeon, showing good-ish routes. Just look at it - if you have 2 screens, let it open on the 2nd, otherwise just try to memorize it (which isn't even hard when you know the dungeon at all, as you only skip specific stuff, it's VERY clear)
    I.e. last trashpack in workshop - it hurst, obviously this is skipped - or the gauntlet in there.
    Temple skipping balls and anoying trash
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-10-22 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    That's not even needed in the slightest.
    There are maps for each dungeon, showing good-ish routes. Just look at it - if you have 2 screens, let it open on the 2nd, otherwise just try to memorize it (which isn't even hard when you know the dungeon at all, as you only skip specific stuff, it's VERY clear)
    which kinda falls into his point again.

You're not allowed to learn by playing anymore,you're required to know before starting

You don't have to do the "correct" route for the awakened. As such you don't need to study it. If you want to do it PEFRECT, then yes you need to study it. I know 2 friends who mained DPS and just took 5minutes to look at the route before they tried tank (using a route planner), and they went perfectly fine.

The best way I found to learn this was find a group of 4-7 people who don't mind learning together. Pugs isn't really the intended spot to learn new content. That is why people require IO miles above whats needed. In a group of friends learning, they will be able to see the route together and understand it, and work through it.

If you want to do it blindly then it is a big trial and error. Most of the content is designed around with addons in mind though. DBM, Raid videos, M+ route planners. Biggest reason content is able to be so hard now is because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    which kinda falls into his point again.

You're not allowed to learn by playing anymore,you're required to know before starting
    You ARE allowed to learn while playing, just write it into the groupfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    This is unbelievably obnoxious design. It requires a tank to ALREADY know what to do which means the tank is REQUIRED to either fail multiple times and ruin others' day or to become a student of youtube videos which is not fun at all.
    You don't start in +10. You learn the dungeons without awakening and I am sure every dungeon has a couple of packs were you think "god damn those fuckers I wish I could skip them". Then when you arrive at +10 you look at the pillars and skip those packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You don't start in +10. You learn the dungeons without awakening and I am sure every dungeon has a couple of packs were you think "god damn those fuckers I wish I could skip them". Then when you arrive at +10 you look at the pillars and skip those packs.
    Exactly. Most obvious group is the last trash in workshop - it's completely busted.

OT: you are the tank. As long as you are not at fault for not-timing it, you can take whatever route you want to take. Up to 15 you don't even have to use any skips, at all, just killing minibosses on spot. This obviously gets harder and harder because of some very sucky trash.

TBH, the affix is like 10 month old and the dungeon 2+ year so most of the player base expect you to know it true. You cant really blame them for that, you either do key low enough that it doesnt matter or it's high enough and it's indeed your job to catch up.

Or you learn like everyone else did?

It's not like the affix came with instructions, or optimal routes, when it was released (a very long time ago...

If you're concerned about failing, make it clear when forming the group, it's that simple. Or just go with friends\guildies?
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2020-10-22 at 06:38 PM.