Has anyone else noticed a weird pattern of server-side disconnects lately?

I mean the chat servers seem to work so it's definitely not a user connectivity issue but the realm server or instance server itself gets immobilized so the user can do nothing other than chat in game and I've seen it a lot in 9.x. I wonder if others saw a ramp up of this or I should keep looking at my addons because I suspect I might have a buggy one that does too many requests or so.

Yeah I've been noticing it a lot in different zones, like Valley of the Four Winds and Frostfire Ridge to mention recently.

ive actually noticed large numers of people get disconnected in classic. im in world chat and it prints a message when someone leaves the channel. every once in a while i get spammed with 8-12 messages of random people leaving chat at once.

sometimes my ms goes to 3k, sometimes i got dc
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had too many but definitely more than usual. I also remember experiencing some weird lag in Drustvar. Both latencies were fine, around 20-30 but every action i took whether it be in combat or looting it would take an extra second or two. Both latencies never went up as this was going on so I don't know what was going on there.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I do have irregular graphics crashes. The game will just freeze/not respond for 5-30 seconds, minimize, and then come back again.
    It also seems to have to reload some assets. And the bnet app becomes completely dysfunctional after this happens.

Services work fine, but if I were to leave the game and want to start it back up again, I would first have to close bnet completely.

I have had a few unexpected disconnection. Not too many that affected gameplay but enough that it is noticeable. An immediately relogin allows to me to back into the game. I have not notice any particular pattern to the disconnection.

I keep getting disconnected just running around. Asked a GM about it and "according to them, the game keeps detecting me clipping through the world" like I'm botting or something. I mean, my Kul Tiran is big, but damn.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys might want to collate what servers/areas you're on.

On EU, usually Argent Dawn, and I have seen precisely ZERO disconnects and crashes the whole time, even when it was bad.

Without further evidence, I'd say keep looking at addons/connections. @Fabled 's point is an interesting one - I would be surprised if add-ons were 100% not involved in something like that.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

On EU, usually Argent Dawn, and I have seen precisely ZERO disconnects and crashes the whole time, even when it was bad.

Without further evidence, I'd say keep looking at addons/connections. @Fabled 's point is an interesting one - I would be surprised if add-ons were 100% not involved in something like that.
    Moonguard- US, it's happened even with Addons off.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I keep getting disconnected just running around. Asked a GM about it and "according to them, the game keeps detecting me clipping through the world" like I'm botting or something. I mean, my Kul Tiran is big, but damn.
    That happened to me once and resulted in a disconnection. Was just doing a WQ and then I fell through the world. I could see my character falling and under the world for a short while before disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I haven't had too many but definitely more than usual. I also remember experiencing some weird lag in Drustvar. Both latencies were fine, around 20-30 but every action i took whether it be in combat or looting it would take an extra second or two. Both latencies never went up as this was going on so I don't know what was going on there.
    Yes exactly. Today I was fishing of all the things and the cast was like 2 SECONDs delayed while the ping was showing "low" supposedly, though 5man instances weren't that bad so it may be limited to some extend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

Sometimes it's a combination of both sides. When they make a prepatch new addon subsystems are used and while with perfect addon code they would not give bugs they may give bugs that are extremely hard to debug for regular players/addon authors, so sometimes it might need Blizzard to put some safeguards after a prepatch to protect players more from buggy addons (though to be perfectly honest I don't trust even Blizzards "addons" because with ZERO ADDONS LOADED I did see a LUA error).