Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is evidence pointing to end of November, it will be before xmas as this is a corporation that has a demand to meet for the investors and missing that timeline would not be good.

Lol no one is at holiday because of the rona

Another week with no update... i think at this point we can safely say it aint releasing in November.... December is still possible but my optimism is starting to wane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaewalk View Post
    Another week with no update... i think at this point we can safely say it aint releasing in November.... December is still possible but my optimism is starting to wane.
    I still believe the announcement will be at the same time as the announcement for the pre-release events, which if im not mistaken is 3 weeks worth of "content". As such, I think we can safely assume there will be at least 4 weeks lead-time between announcement and actual launch day. Shit, I might be completely wrong and they might throw the event out, give us a few weeks of something to do, then announce the launch is another XYZ weeks away, its all guess work at this point. I do stand by my comment though, I think that is definitely the most likely scenario - "event goes live X date, expansion launches on X+3/4 weeks".

I think December is a safe bet. 5+ months of a pre patch would be retarded.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, my SL hype has been down slowly the longer Blizzard holding the release date. I just hope it bounces back when the time comes

I just want them to announce if we'll be getting it this year. I'm sitting on a week of vacation just in case that I lose at the end of the year if I don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I think December is a safe bet. 5+ months of a pre patch would be retarded.
    Prepatch itself is jank af and needed a delay. Low level dungeon bosses oneshoting and hazards oneshoting like boulders in brh or holes on the boat when fighting helya in mos.

No lie, i had a dude in my dungeon say “breaking news: old man mad that things arent the way they used to be”. I was like dude thats not the point, these abilities and hazards used to do like 5-10% damage and now its 120%.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Prepatch itself is jank af and needed a delay. Low level dungeon bosses oneshoting and hazards oneshoting like boulders in brh or holes on the boat when fighting helya in mos.

No lie, i had a dude in my dungeon say “breaking news: old man mad that things arent the way they used to be”. I was like dude thats not the point, these abilities and hazards used to do like 5-10% damage and now its 120%.
    I have tried explaining there are countless issues with the scaling, but ppl are stuck on "but mah dps isn't right!" And for some weird reason, ignoring the much more serious bugs that exist in every expansion I have tried, from minor issues like FP dcs etc, to major bugs like npcs missing, quests not counting completion, and a bug many have encountered where time walking locks them entirely out of bfa, even when returning to current time.

I assumed most of the complaints were the usual forum "sky is falling" crap, but imo, it was much worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    You sure can't. But not every rental power needs to tie into class abilities. You don't need Legendaries, Conduits, AND covenant powers.

This expansion would have been just fine (and would have launched on time) if they didn't stack power on power on power. Exponentially difficult tuning, when a legendary buffs an ability for a specific spec, which also gets power from a conduit, and is already seeing serious power due to covenant abilities.

Covenant abilities should have been the end of it. Covenant abilities + Legendaries at the MOST.

The soulbinds were WAY too much. There's no chance they're fixing this. Also, pruning isn't a bad thing. Mage didn't need fire blast as frost. Sin rogue didn't need SnD. They were pruned for valid reasons. They needed new talent options that were interesting. Mage needed RoP to not be the only choice in the tier forever. Plenty of classes dealing with the same issues. Bandaids for gunshot wounds.
    Wished they stopped going with so many borrowed power systems only to lose them next expansion after. 1-2 and that is it imo. Work on them throughout the expansion, add more etc. Have them than you can work on other things. But 4 borrowed power systems than try to balance that against pve and pvp, just asking for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And for years they have been launched 6 months apart. This one released a little over 3 months after the last. Do you find that timing to be interesting at all? Just coincidence?
    Nope. Not at all. Everyone who purchased the one with the mount gets this as well, so I dont see what people are complaining about. There is no harm is releasing different packs for different peoples tastes. And if you have a problem with it, Then YOU are the problem with the world these days.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318785/...ar-blizzard-hq

Worth taking in to account now prob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonnis View Post
    Don't act like a c#nt.
    High five! He was just stating what he heard, it was condescending with the "How cute" comment, as if it was 9000 IQ.

Considering the new book release in November and the nvidia announcement that rtx is coming with new expansion in November. Also we have had early December launches before there is a good chance we will get alate november release. But i hope it's January cause cyberpunk and ac valhalla comes out soon

What I don't get is the entire expansion is fundamentally flawed because of the covenant system that they refuse to change. They should just release it ASAP so we can get it over with faster. Delaying it by 3 months just delays the expansion after Shadowlands, seems pretty dumb to do that. They'd be far better off just writing this one off as a failed experiment, releasing it as is, and moving on as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    nah

/10ch

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Ive got to admit, im 100% behind the delay, its a GREAT thing that a publically owned gaming company has done this, it says a lot because it is not easy to get a publically owned company as greedy as they are to do that FOR US, the consumer.

But if its not in 2020 its gonna be seriously fucking embarrasing for a company of their size, hope it makes them look inwards.
    or they just realized that the game would be broken enough on Oct 27 to be unreleasable even by nowadays Blizzard's standards.

If they had released an expansion riddled with bugs and huge imbalances, they'd quickly lose subs for other games and enough of those people wouldn't return at a later date, when the game would had been in a much better state. This has happened with enough major MMO releases (Age of Conan, Warhammer, more). Additionally, enough of those people would ask for a refund, since a release in a semi-broken state offers good grounds for asking for a refund.

So, imho they haven't suddenly gone back to being "old blizzard", they just went with the only reasonable option. I don't think there was ever a dilemma between launching an ok expansion and a polished expansion. They just had a mostly non-working expansion and they had to fix major bugs and imbalances, so they delayed. Still, that doesn't mean that we won't get some extra polish due to the delay, while they are fixing major bugs, etc... but I don't think that this was the major reason for the delay.
    Last edited by orsraunia; 2020-10-27 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    I just want them to announce if we'll be getting it this year. I'm sitting on a week of vacation just in case that I lose at the end of the year if I don't use it.
    They have announced several times that its going to be out this year

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Release it when it's ready. Not before.
    Exactly what I think they should do.