Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Random boas from classic? Did you click the link i provided? Im not talking about the 2headed dragon dog from BWL.

Im talking about the 5 headed dragon Nefarian perfected that is currently in storage. And him and sinestra arent the poster characters. Itd probably be wrathion.
    That's even worse haha. He isn't even a boss from an iconic Classic raid, he's straight up a novel villain with no appearance at all in the game.

An expansion needs recognizable and iconic antagonists. Every expansion had one. Perhaps the only exception was MoP... and surprise! That expansion was initially received badly precisely because of the thematic shift from Deathwing the World Destroyer to a more grounded storyline in Pandaria.

I can count on the fingers of my hands the number of casual players who know Chromatus and Sinestra. Even I didn't know who Chromatus was, I got it confused with a dog from a Classic raid.

They could try to advertise the shit out of these two villains, or they could take the much safer route and just go for the Light and Void and their respective characters as the new poster characters of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Chromatus isn't in storage, when he fought against the Dragon Aspects he was placed in an Arcane prison.

- - - Updated - - -

You're confusing him with someone else. This is Chromatus:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Chromatus
    I confused him with Chromaggus. These dragons all sound the same to me.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-27 at 09:45 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That's even worse haha. He isn't even a boss from an iconic Classic raid, he's straight up a novel villain with no appearance at all in the game.

An expansion needs recognizable and iconic antagonists. Every expansion had one. Perhaps the only exception was MoP... and surprise! That expansion was initially received badly precisely because of the thematic shift from Deathwing the World Destroyer to a more grounded storyline in Pandaria.

I can count on the fingers of my hands the number of casual players who know Chromatus and Sinestra. Even I didn't know who Chromatus was, I got it confused with a dog from a Classic raid.

They could try to advertise the shit out of these two villains, or they could take the much safer route and just go for the Light and Void and their respective characters as the new poster characters of the expansion.

I confused him with Chromaggus. These dragons all sound the same to me.

WoW can't bank on established characters forever. Newer Characters need to be fleshed out if the story is to be pushed forward. There nothing wrong with using material with little to no established lore. Pandaria was receive poorly at first because of the Asian theme and close resemblance to Kung FU Panda. Now it's one of the most beloved Expansions.

Now, everyone loves dragons so I doubt it'd be received the same initially.

Also, Sinestra is already established and not some rando. She's the Leader and creator of the Twilight Dragonflight, Mother to Nefarian and Onixia and is the only consort to have survived mating with Deathwing. Legion highly suggested that she survived her encounter with us in BoT and is somewhere in the Great Dark Beyond and could be used as a plot device to bring the Void Lords into the picture.

That's right I've taken together all clues and thought about all possible outcomes to see where future expansions will take us.
    So essentially in a nut shell...

9.3 = War between Life and Death

10.0 = Restoration of the Dragonflights

11.0 = Climax of the Cosmic War between Light and Void.

Shadowlands

So SL pits us against the Cosmic Force of Death. The Jailor's MO is to use the power of the Maw to swallow Azeroth's World Soul. Now with the wheel of Death broken, how do we mend the damage caused by the Jailor's agents. Well, as stated by the journal describing Death's efforts to infiltrate all the cosmic forces, Life is the prime foil to death.

Who do we know has the most affinity to Life on Azeroth? The red Dragonflight and Alexstraza! On top of this, the reason why Bolvar is the way he is was due to Red Dragon fire back in Wrath. Bolvar must have some sort of latent life magic in his being while simultaneously being connected to the helm of Domination. There's a reason why Bolvar is the Key Lore figure of SL. I don't know how it will ultimately play out, but I do know the Red Dragonflight will be involved.

After saving Azeroth from the forces of Death, and with the forces of the Void on the horizon, It is clear that the Dragonflights will be needed to fend of this Evil just as the Red Dragonflight was a major fighter against Death.

As we all know, The Aspects and their Dragonflights lost most of their power after Cataclysm. Now during BFA, alternate and residual draconic power was used to further empower the HoA. What if there was more?

If you guys recall, one of Wrathion's servants name dropped the Dragon Isles in some quest text during BFA from an island expedition quest drop. This is the first ever canonical mention of the Dragon Isles's existence in Warcraft.

What if the Dragon Isles hold the key to the return of the Dragonflights? Enter...

10.0 New Continent, the Dragon Isles.

The heroes of Azeroth and the Dragonflights have journeyed to the lost Dragon Isles with the ultimate goal of reviving the flight's lost powers to help against the inevitable threat of the Void. However, the flights, the Horde and the Alliance aren't the only one's seeking the Isles power. The Twilight's Hammer has returned with leadership from beyond.

Their MO is to use the Isles to revive Chromatus, a perfect Chromatic Dragon created by Nefarian. For those who are unaware, this is Chromatus
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Chromatus

Chromatus will obviously be defeated btu the Twilight's Hammer's master will soon reappear as a revived Sinestra! During Legion, it is heavily hinted that Sinestra's is alive somewhere in the great dark beyond. Now she has returned to use the Dragon Isles and restore the Twilight Dragonflight and herald in the Void Lords.

After her defeat, and the restoration of the flights, Nozdormu has a breakdown at the power displayed by Sinestra and her Flight. How can we possibly stand a chance against an infinite threat as the void. Well we must simply become INFINTE ourselves.

Nozdormu's sanity shatters. With his power restored, he shatters the Timeways, creating the Infinite Dragonflight and turning into Murozond, fulfilling the prophecy from Cataclysm's End Time dungeon.

The final boss of 10.0 is the Aspect of Time himself.

Murozond attempts to create an infinite army made up of infinite possibilities of Azeroth's greatest Heroes. The final raid could be made up of AU versions of major lore figues. No time travel though! They are the result of Murozond's power and disappear once defeated.

After we defeat Murozond and restore the timeways, Murozond unleashes one last desperate attempt to protect Azeroth against the Void. However, we the Heroes are unaware of what he has done.

11.0 New Continent K'aresh

After the defeat of Murozond, all seemed well. Perhaps his last ditch effort failed? Meanwhile, Stormwind is visited by what appears to be a group of Lightforged Draenie led by none other than Yrel.

Now from here, there will probably be a ton of lore details and what not. However, I believe this will be the driving force of the story...

Yrel will first appear to be benevolent and will attempt to recruit the forces of Azeroth against the void. They successfully recruit the Scarlet Crusade. After sensing the Sunwell's power they attempt to recruit the Horde by using AU Garrosh while Yrel attempt to recruit the LFD and the Vindecar.

Their efforts will turn ugly after the Mag'har get involved and Yrel discovers Alleria and Locus Walker's existence. They believe they can use the latter pair to locate the Void's Strongest physical place of power in the physical universe, destroy it and secure the Light's victory over the Cosmos. They will abduct the two and use Locus Walker to take them to K'aresh. The home world of the Ethereals and the last known place the Void actively affected in the lore.

From here who knows what could happen. But Key lore figures I'm sure will be a part of it include...

Turalyon

Alleria

Locus Walker

Xalatath

Azshara

and Anduin as the Child of Light and Shadow from the prophecy.

So, have I watched one too many Pyromancer videos? Does this theory hold water? You be the Judge.
    Not too bad, but given what we see and hear of random void and light incursions into the Shadowlands it might simply not be needed to involve life.

Also last i heard K'aresh was scoured of life and consumed by the void, i am not sure if it still exists. I mean getting visited by a full powered void lord that consumes entire worlds just to keep existing seems like a surefire way to destroy a planet.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Not too bad, but given what we see and hear of random void and light incursions into the Shadowlands it might simply not be needed to involve life.

Also last i heard K'aresh was scoured of life and consumed by the void, i am not sure if it still exists. I mean getting visited by a full powered void lord that consumes entire worlds just to keep existing seems like a surefire way to destroy a planet.
    I'm thinking the Light and Void invasions in the Shadowlands will be used to plan plot seeds for the future. Or perhaps 10.0 will be Light and Void focused, IDK.

As for K'aresh, it seems like it's another Outland / Argus Situation. There's not much info to go by, but that's the beauty of it and what gives Blizzard creative freedom.

WoW can't bank on established characters forever. Newer Characters need to be fleshed out if the story is to be pushed forward. There nothing wrong with using material with little to no established lore. Pandaria was receive poorly at first because of the Asian theme and close resemblance to Kung FU Panda. Now it's one of the most beloved Expansions.

Now, everyone loves dragons so I doubt it'd be received the same initially.

Also, Sinestra is already established and not some rando. She's the Leader and creator of the Twilight Dragonflight, Mother to Nefarian and Onixia and is the only consort to have survived mating with Deathwing. Legion highly suggested that she survived her encounter with us in BoT and is somewhere in the Great Dark Beyond and could be used as a plot device to bring the Void Lords into the picture.
    She's a random. Most people don't know who she is, they don't know what the Twilight Dragonflight is, and perhaps they don't even know there's a special boss after Cho'gall. If the Void Lords are to be brought into the picture, they will use Xal'atath, a much more recognizable name who was directly set up in BfA.

Newer characters don't need to be fleshed out for the story to be moved forward. In fact, Blizzard already has trouble handling the current cast of heroes and villains they have now.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

She's a random. Most people don't know who she is, they don't know what the Twilight Dragonflight is, and perhaps they don't even know there's a special boss after Cho'gall. If the Void Lords are to be brought into the picture, they will use Xal'atath, a much more recognizable name who was directly set up in BfA.

Newer characters don't need to be fleshed out for the story to be moved forward. In fact, Blizzard already has trouble handling the current cast of heroes and villains they have now.
    What? No she's not. She's been around since TBC with her cameo in Shadowmoon Valley.

Who the hell doesn't know about the Twilight Dragonflight at this point. They were a minor point in Wrath and a Critical point in Cata. If we use your logic then Deathwing should not have been the major bad of Cata since no one knew who he was unless you played the warcraft RTS's or was familiar enough of the lore.

Do you just have something against Mama Sinthy?

Xal'atath will probably be a major figure in the actually void/light expansion.
    Last edited by Varx; 2020-10-27 at 10:17 PM.

What? No she's not. She's been around since TBC with her cameo in Shadowmoon Valley.

Who the hell doesn't know about the Twilight Dragonflight at this point. They were a minor point in Wrath and a Critical point in Cata. If we use your logic then Deathwing should not have been the major bad of Cata since no one knew who he was unless you played the warcraft RTS's or was familiar enough of the lore.

Do you just something against Mama Sinthy?
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not, so I'll stop here. I already gave you my thoughts.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, so I'll stop here. I already gave you my thoughts.
    I am serious, you're telling me no one knows who the twilights or Sinestra are as if everyone who plays now started during MoP.

Like I said, using your logic then Deathwing was a bad choice from Blizzard since I'm sure the majority of WoW players at that point had no idea who he was.

You are correct about 10.0 being dragon flight and dragon isles

Tapped into my minds eye to figure out how 11.0 sets off and how and why the lightbound become more formidable and antagonistic.

First of all, for those who are unaware, the maghar scenario confirmed that AU Grom has a son that was turned by the Lightbound.

During pre patch the LB will attempt to recruit the Alliance, Horde, and Scarlet Crusade. They are successful in recruiting the SC as they're both over zealous.

Alliance attempts fall apart because of Alleria and Locus Walker. Horde attempts fall apart because of the Maghar.

AU Garrosh"s forces then seige the sunwell and use a vessel from the Light Mother to absorb the power of the sunwell.

Yrel's forces seige Azurmist Isle and end up stealing the Vindecar along with an abducted Alleria and Locus Walker. Now with the power of the sunwell and the Vindecar as a method of transport and artillery. The LB force Locus Walker to reveal the location of Ka'resh and head off.

Meanwhile, LW also opened up void portals for Horde and Alliance Heroes to follow the LB to Ka'resh as the coming war between the Light and Void will bring about cosmic destruction as neither side can win.

9th expansion though. 11.0 will be the 10th expansion.
    The x.0 is equal with each expansion... 1.0 brought 50-60 leveling and talent trees for all classes. What you didn’t play Beta before Vanilla?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    The x.0 is equal with each expansion... 1.0 brought 50-60 leveling and talent trees for all classes. What you didn’t play Beta before Vanilla?
    Oh Gosh you're right, Beta Vanilla is true Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are constantly using the End Times characters. So a part of me wants to believe that is still an outcome despite what we are trying to do. That Nozdormu has been manipulating us the entire time to get to a specific outcome. So far Tyrande's outcome has come true. We appear to be set on the path of Sylvannas. That just leaves Baine and Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    They are constantly using the End Times characters. So a part of me wants to believe that is still an outcome despite what we are trying to do. That Nozdormu has been manipulating us the entire time to get to a specific outcome. So far Tyrande's outcome has come true. We appear to be set on the path of Sylvannas. That just leaves Baine and Jaina.
    Holy crap you're right, I hadn't realized that. It can't be a coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems pretty cool, but the Titans could re-appear in either 10.0 or 11.0. 10.0 to re-empower the Dragonflights. 11.0 to serve as a neutral party in the war against both light and Shadow. No clear winner by the end, but maybe both sides are balanced out and took down a rung in power?

12.0 Lifelands? With Death defeated, for now, life has begun overwhelming the Cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    This seems pretty cool, but the Titans could re-appear in either 10.0 or 11.0. 10.0 to re-empower the Dragonflights. 11.0 to serve as a neutral party in the war against both light and Shadow. No clear winner by the end, but maybe both sides are balanced out and took down a rung in power?

12.0 Lifelands? With Death defeated, for now, life has begun overwhelming the Cosmos.
    Eh, IDK. Life as an antagonistic cosmic force makes no sense to me. If life goes unchecked it'll essentially implode on itself due to lack of space and resources and turn into death.

It would be very dumb if in an expansion called Shadowlands we spent half our time not in the Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like your 10.0.

God wish Blizz would update ALL the dragon models cause they did not age well at all.

Eh, IDK. Life as an antagonistic cosmic force makes no sense to me. If life goes unchecked it'll essentially implode on itself due to lack of space and resources and turn into death.
    We already had life as an antagonist. Just in one zone, but some of them fled to Azeroth.

Still, this thread is very misleading. You didn't figure anything out, and it doesn't contain any spoilers since it's just random headcanon.

We're not even fighting Death in SL. We're fighting certain factions of it while being supported by others. SL is Death vs Death.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We already had life as an antagonist. Just in one zone, but some of them fled to Azeroth.

Still, this thread is very misleading. You didn't figure anything out, and it doesn't contain any spoilers since it's just random headcanon.

We're not even fighting Death in SL. We're fighting certain factions of it while being supported by others. SL is Death vs Death.
    This isnt random head cannon. This is where I think the story might be headed based on known lore.

And as per my "headcannon". The life vs death would be during 9.3. Not all of SL.