The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I don't know how many worms you know with bones, scales and eyes. Greater Krayt have always had elongated bodies, and we can't see if it has arms or fins it just uses to 'swim' in sand.
    Krayt dragons whenever they were visualized were basically komodo dragons scaled up, I didn't like that they turned it into the Tremors worm or Shaihulud from Dune but at least they left the dragon head intact. And I liked how they paid tribute to the Krayt Dragon hunting method (lure out, apply explosives to the belly) and the prize (the pearl)
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Krayt dragons whenever they were visualized were basically komodo dragons scaled up, I didn't like that they turned it into the Tremors worm or Shaihulud from Dune but at least they left the dragon head intact. And I liked how they paid tribute to the Krayt Dragon hunting method (lure out, apply explosives to the belly) and the prize (the pearl)
    In fairness it looked a lot like the skeleton that C-3PO walked by in Stars Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Krayt were split into two species with 2015s 'Ultimate Star Wars' book. The more dragonesque version became the canyon or lesser Krayt, and the skeleton seen in Episode 4 was designated to originate from the greater Krayt, who is more reminiscent of an Ichtyosaurus, with five pairs of legs shaped like fins, and it was described back then as being able to swim and submerge in sand.

I prefer the old version, but hey, whatever. It looked cool.

10+ Year Old Account

I kinda wonder if this was reference to a video game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Krayt were split into two species with 2015s 'Ultimate Star Wars' book. The more dragonesque version became the canyon or lesser Krayt, and the skeleton seen in Episode 4 was designated to originate from the greater Krayt, who is more reminiscent of an Ichtyosaurus, with five pairs of legs shaped like fins, and it was described back then as being able to swim and submerge in sand.
    The episode still made it seem more of a worm though because it burrowed around including what looked more like rock. I don't see a problem with it though and it still fits the old lore. It could very well just be explained that this is a really old/strong one so it can "swim" better through the sand/ground. It also clearly was done to save money on the budget and not have to cgi/puppet a whole lot of stuff.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I thought it was a decent opening episode, like someone else in thread said it was predictable but i wasnt bored and the hour passed quickly

worst bit was guys trying to punch someone who is wearing full plate, i nearly turned it off there

An okay episode overall - a little bland but entertaining. Maybe I need to rewatch the first season, the dialogue seemed a bit stilted and weird at times and I'm not sure if it was always like that. They still have me netted with cuteness.

Another enjoyable episode. The monster did feel like a threat. The child is as cute as ever, the action is on point and the final scene foreshadow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very enjoyable mostly standalone episode, and a nice twist at the end. Production value obviously went up, the big action setpiece was quite impressive for a TV budget.

Honestly, as much as I'm interested in the serialized story, they nail these one-off adventure episodes so well that I'd be happy even if it were just an episodic anthology show.

Which wouldn't be a bad idea at all, fwiw. A "Star Wars Tales" style anthology series, with this production quality, would be really cool. And a good excuse to jump around history and bring in different actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Very enjoyable mostly standalone episode, and a nice twist at the end. Production value obviously went up, the big action setpiece was quite impressive for a TV budget.

Honestly, as much as I'm interested in the serialized story, they nail these one-off adventure episodes so well that I'd be happy even if it were just an episodic anthology show.

Which wouldn't be a bad idea at all, fwiw. A "Star Wars Tales" style anthology series, with this production quality, would be really cool. And a good excuse to jump around history and bring in different actors.
    Yeah that would make for a fun series. One of the fair complaints I see about the Star Wars films is that the franchise is too limited. Something like what you're describing would be a good laboratory for expanding the setting and injecting some new ideas and future stories. And drawing in some of the good stuff from the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great episode. You can tell they have a lot more confidence in the series. The clash of western + plus Star Wars was perfect, lots of subtle details. Notice when Mando first walks into the cantina, sounds like he has spurs on, but that whole 3-5 minutes was straight of spaghetti westerns.

There's a huge Easter egg which is a running gag at this point - ice cream maker.

Personifing the Tuscan was great as well. This show is just full of style.

I kind of want to them write SW content in terms of other genres as a thing. Rogue War - war movies. Solo - heist. Skywalker Saga - hero saga. The Mandalorian - western. Cassian is shaping up to be a spy show. Hope they keep exploring the universe that way.

people are straight up calling the guy at the end Boba. I mean he could look like Jango/a Clone if you really wanted to be generous but is it supposed to be him?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-31 at 12:33 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Most of my favorite episodes from season 1 were like that, and it hearkens back to the old adventure/Western serials that obviously inspired Star Wars a lot. This series just nails the setting in a way that the movies rarely achieved, and yes I am counting the OT in there.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    i thought it was fantastic the episode. gave me SWG vibes like crazy. I use to farm Krayt Dragons for Pearls back then, was a fun experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    people are straight up calling the guy at the end Boba. I mean he could look like Jango/a Clone if you really wanted to be generous but is it supposed to be him?
    Well, as far as canon goes, Boba Fett was last seen falling into a Sarlaac pit. His armor is missing(and was now just found), and hes been stranded on Tatooine if he DID survive. (Since at this point in the universe, everyone likely thinks he's dead)

Also, It is highly unlikely its a Clone Trooper of some sort due to accelerated aging. Boba was a clone of Jango that did not undergo the same process; in his case, he would be roughly in his 40's or 50's which fits Temura Morrison's look in that shot. A clone would definitely be older, as Captain Rex, Wolff and Gregor showcased in Rebels, which is a few years back to this point.

If it isn't Boba Fett, it would need explaining at some point, but I highly doubt it would be anyone else.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2020-10-31 at 01:19 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Well, as far as canon goes, Boba Fett was last seen falling into a Sarlaac pit. His armor is missing(and was now just found), and hes been stranded on Tatooine if he DID survive. (Since at this point in the universe, everyone likely thinks he's dead)

Also, It is highly unlikely its a Clone Trooper of some sort due to accelerated aging. Boba was a clone of Jango that did not undergo the same process; in his case, he would be roughly in his 40's or 50's which fits Temura Morrison's look in that shot. A clone would definitely be older, as Captain Rex, Wolff and Gregor showcased in Rebels, which is a few years back to this point.

If it isn't Boba Fett, it would need explaining at some point, but I highly doubt it would be anyone else.
    ya, dont forget, during the episode, they did mention that the dragon could eat a sarlaac. Also during return of the jedi, they did mention you are digested over 1000s of years.

It pretty much has to be. The other clones had extremely accelerated ageing done to them so they could be mass-produced soldiers. They were quickly phased out from the end of the republic to the early empire for Stormtroopers who are not clones but actual people. Jango being decapitated in Attack of the clones pretty much rules him out. The rest of the clones would not survive to that point and look middle-aged they'd easily be looking 70s-80s in age (maybe 60s). The only one with that look and age has to be Boba.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It pretty much has to be. The other clones had extremely accelerated ageing done to them so they could be mass-produced soldiers. They were quickly phased out from the end of the republic to the early empire for Stormtroopers who are not clones but actual people. Jango being decapitated in Attack of the clones pretty much rules him out. The rest of the clones would not survive to that point and look middle-aged they'd easily be looking 70s-80s in age (maybe 60s). The only one with that look and age has to be Boba.

I understand how it could be him. I don't refute any of that. I was somewhere and people were talking as if theres something that straight up says its him - as if his name is in the credits or something. I thought I missed something

I also wasn't saying that it was Jango or a Clone. I just referenced them because we know what an adult Jango/Clone looks like. We've never seen an unmasked adult Boba but he would obviously look just like them. Perhaps I said it in a roundabout way. I believe Boba would be about 40?.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Facts:
    1. Sarlacc ate Boba
    2. Sarlacc is a slow digester
    3. Krayt dragon ate the Sarlacc
    4. Boba's armor was in the area of Krayt dragon
    5. Boba looking guy was in the area of Krayt dragon
    6. Boba is 41-42 in the Mandalorian time period
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I understand how it could be him. I don't refute any of that. I was somewhere and people were talking as if theres something that straight up says its him - as if his name is in the credits or something. I thought I missed something

I also wasn't saying that it was Jango or a Clone. I just referenced them because we know what an adult Jango/Clone looks like. We've never seen an unmasked adult Boba but he would obviously look just like them. Perhaps I said it in a roundabout way. I believe Boba would be about 40?.
    Well, the actor in the end is Temuera Morrison, the man who played Jango Fett and the Clone Troopers in Episodes II and III. He's credited at the end. It would be a Red Herring of Epic proportions if you get the guy who played/stood model for a million Clones to play someone completely different/unrelated. It has never been said that he'd play Boba, but he literally played the guy Boba was cloned from. So...

The longer running time is what the first season was crying out for. It allowed this episode to breathe and build and was much better than any from the first season as a result. I really hope it's not a once-off and that the rest of the episodes are each at least 40 minutes long.

Nice touches with the Krayt Dragon pearl, and the speeder made out of one of Anakin's podracer engines.