Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Let's take a breath, and realize that the very same person who pushed the "food poisoning" lie is now calling g for something to be investigated.

It was investigated, which is why so many outlets decided it was toxic bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Beyond what Edge- had to say above, what I'm explicitly saying (not implicit at all) is that nothing in the supposed e-mails shows anything corrupt anyway. And they're only being pushed by people who willfully choose to ignore open corruption among those they support, demonstrating that this was never about the facts or a concern about corruption; it's just an empty smear campaign intended to try and suppress the vote.
    That is tangential to wherever there was actual corruption at play.

It is quite dishonest to say that "nothing corrupt in emails" when people are going with obvious influence plays and reserve cuts. "But Biden didn't know! He never actually met them!" ; well, he could have avoided entire controversy by actually not having his kid traveling with him on Airforce Two for those business arrangements nor taking jobs in countries that depend on US aid (US aid that he explicitly used as bludgeon to get what he wanted from them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    well, he could have avoided entire controversy
    Yeah, and you could also stop derailing the thread with Hunter Biden conspiracy nonsense since he is neither running for President nor is he Glenn Greenwald.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I get it would be nice for you if the media actually bought into the latest right wing talking point, but it's irrelevant since the GOP already conducted a Hunter Biden probe last year and found no evidence of wrongdoing despite their best efforts.
    They had one this year that did.

I'm sure they'll pursue that further if Biden wins.

Maybe we'll get Biden impeachment too.

It is quite dishonest to say that "nothing corrupt in emails" when people are going with obvious influence plays and reserve cuts. "But Biden didn't know! He never actually met them!" ; well, he could have avoided entire controversy by actually not having his kid traveling with him on Airforce Two for those business arrangements nor taking jobs in countries that depend on US aid (US aid that he explicitly used as bludgeon to get what he wanted from them).
    I'm confused why this matters now, when Trump and co has been doing it for the last 5 years. don't worry we know the answer: dems bad, gop good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for admitting you have absolutely no idea how the impeachment process works, lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yeah, and you could also stop derailing the thread with Hunter Biden conspiracy nonsense since he is neither running for President nor is he Glenn Greenwald.
    Hunter Biden story being noteworthy is exact point of Glenn Greenwald article, blocking of which forced his resignation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I'm confused why this matters now, when Trump and co has been doing it for the last 5 years. don't worry we know the answer: dems bad, gop good.
    Both bad, duh. I'm not American, i don't have to fit into your tribal structures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter Biden story being noteworthy is exact point of Glenn Greenwald article, blocking of which forced his resignation.
    "Greenwald said it therefore it must be true".

I recall y'all saying the same shit in the Bari Weiss thread and it was still just as ridiculous then. Rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

Both bad, duh. I'm not American, i don't have to fit into your tribal structures.
    That's nice, yet you still choose to anyway by pushing agitprop about the Democrats and only the Democrats.

- - - Updated - - -

and yet you only make a case about it when its the dems, even when its conspiracy level garbage that even fox won't touch, but the trump family has been doing while he's on office, we have hatch violations, emoluments conflicts, and outright bribery being protected by barr/senate gop. but again, you seem only care when its democrats, you only peddle the bullshit when its about democrats.

So why is this important when as flimsy and ridiculous it is, why is this important when trump numerous, well documented cases doesn't even get a shrug.

10+ Year Old Account

I recall y'all saying the same shit in the Bari Weiss thread and it was still just as ridiculous then. Rofl.
    Did I miss a Bari Weiss thread?!? I have all of these unused snarky dunks...

But ya 2020; 'bold contrarian opinion havers" .... having very think skins. Good call, its propagandists, just pretending to be contrarian.

Contrarianism 101: Have a thick skin. Because as a contrarian, you're deliberately picking fights.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Did I miss a Bari Weiss thread?!? I have all of these unused snarky dunks...

But ya 2020; 'bold contrarian opinion havers" .... having very think skins. Good call, its propagandists, just pretending to be contrarian.

Contrarianism 101: Have a thick skin. Because as a contrarian, you're deliberately picking fights.
    I'm saving them for when Bret Stephens finally gets the boot.

10+ Year Old Account

The only relevant part of that article is this;

Despite Trump's accusations, there has been no evidence of corruption on the part of the former vice president or his son.
    Kudos on citing an article that explains why you're wrong in detail.

He gives quite good argument to that end, he doesn't simply assert it. You could try reading it and forming counter-argument if you disagree.

That's nice, yet you still choose to anyway by pushing agitprop about the Democrats and only the Democrats.
    There is nothing to argue about on positions that i already agree upon (like "Trump is actually corrupt and incompetent, duh").

When it goes to "But Democrats are not actually corrupt" or "But Trump is an exception, not natural result of the system" is when you start seeing me.

And as I'm left (of seize-means-of-production variety) i see this censorship going after convenient right-wing targets to be quite easily deployable against the left, and cheering censorship to be quite right-wing.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing to argue about
    Being contrarian regardless of the facts isn't an admirable intellectual position.

- - - Updated - - -

"But Democrats are not actually corrupt" or "But Trump is an exception, not natural result of the system"
    No one has said either of these things in any of the threads you frequent, so... No. Lol.

What you're admitting to here is coming into threads and being contrarian by strawmanning.

10+ Year Old Account
    They had one this year that did.

I'm sure they'll pursue that further if Biden wins.

Joe Biden is running for President, you can’t impeach his son... are GOP done with impeaching Obama?

13 events resulting in GOP demanding Obama be impeached:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effort...h_Barack_Obama

Trump demanding Obama be impeached this year:
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-30 at 09:22 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Another I am terrible at my fucking job, so I am going to blame everyone else edge lord attention seeker disguised as a reporter, he ought to fit right in on the Alt-Right. He's Dave Rubin 4 Years ago LOL
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Ah, the Russian propagandists have returned. 'Glorious Leader sends reinforcements to support Lowly Leader by spreading disinformation'.

Regular reminder that Russia needs to be sanctioned and their citizens shut off from the global web. That'll teach them.
    [Infraction]
    I don't know why this was infracted, he is only speaking the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Greenwald resigns and then goes to hang out and tell a sob story on Tucker Carlson?

That's like...the most boringly predictable move he could have made. I'm disappointed in him for not having some creativity.
    Well, Tucker had to have someone on after his bullshit of a story about Hunter Biden fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hmmmm https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...eluge-n1245387

only rubes fall for this shit
    We know. They publicly admit to being them all the time here.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly do you know for sure that someone is lying versus someone just having different opinions?

Most people, when they have to make such judgements on text media, go with projection. "If i was who i think he is i would be lying here". That is obviously quite error-prone - both on "who i think he is" and on "lying is how such people go" parts.
    Generally by their history. if they have a habit of telling false stories chances are they are lying

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it would be nice if media actually investigated this.

If they never actually got funds then obviously no "Biden-getting-his-cut documents" could ever be produced. It was discussed none the less.

Because i like looking at different perspectives and steelmanning them for better understanding.
    Why? They aren't the police.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Why? They aren't the police.
    It's called investigative journalism. Dying breed (much easier to simply regurgitate opinion of "current or former officials"), but still remembered by some.

- - - Updated - - -

Being contrarian regardless of the facts isn't an admirable intellectual position.
    Where do you see "regardless of facts" though?

Fact are:
    Laptop story is likely fake, one way or another.
    Laptop content has proven to be true; it might mean less then Republicans tout it to be, but it does paint picture of usual (rather then exceptional) US corruption.

No one has said either of these things in any of the threads you frequent, so... No. Lol.
    Sadly, people do that.

What you're admitting to here is coming into threads and being contrarian by strawmanning.
    By steelmanning right-wing positions to show weakness of your own.