Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    They don't want a repeat of what just happened this week. Their Q3 earnings report fell short of expectations and their share prices tanked as a result. Glad I sold my shares ages ago, won't be touching ATVI for awhile.
    Dude the stock has been falling for a week which tends to happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Blizzard could make a video that says "Hello, how are you?" and people would flip their shit.

And like you said a lot of times it is the usual crowd. Sometimes same people flipping their shit when Blizzard Does A and they want B. Then when B happens they flip their shit because they "always" didn't want B either.
    You aren't wrong... and its comical because some of these folks have the attention span of fruit flies and they believe that the rest of us do as well.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Because black friday.
    And because Christmas gifts.

That's all and every reason.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Q4 2020 = October -> December 2020.

So what is this content they are rushing out by a month ago ?
    I think in OP's haste to create a thread title they left out a key word: ends. they're probably meaning before the quarter ends. Honestly, I never understand why people are complaining about Blizzard and how they have to appease the shareholders/investors. do they honestly not know how businesses work?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yes, because any take that isn't "Blizzard sucks, Activision sucks, everything they do sucks and you suck if you support them" is idiotic.
    i never said blizzard are perfect saints. they wrecked my wonderful class (hunter) and refuse to fix it. hunter didn't even get any changes in the alpha! blizzard management have been absolute morons. the thing i was calling idiotic in my response was the completely delusional idea that only the current stock matters and not the up and downwards trends that a stock takes.

for instance, if the op that had bought stock bought around the $40 mark, then anytime in the past 3 years would've been profit regardless of when they sold. If they had bought around the $60 mark, then any time between the start of 2018 and september-ish of 2018 would've been a good time to sell. otherwise they would've lost big on their investment and either had to take a loss or wait for the stock to rebound before selling. do you see what i mean?

defending stock trading decisions does not equate to defending blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    They’re aware that the USA will likely be in an all out civil war by January, so they wanna give us some nice goodies to enjoy before we get yeeted by pink haired zoomers
    and khaki pants, polo shirt, red hatted, tiki tourch bearers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Pretty dumb thing to do.

going off that graph I can't see where their share prices tanked in Q3 2020. only one I see is end of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Nov 23 - Shadowlands
    Dec 3 - Naxx
    Dec 8 - Shadowlands raid and season 1

Why is Blizzard rushing everything out so soon?

1. We are in the midst of the big holiday season: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. This will hamstring their ability to support the game but also impact on engagement with the content. Why would they jeopardise the release of the content like that?

2. We are also in the midst of a once in a century pandemic. As Blizzard has acknowledged this has reduced their working capacity. Why would they then decide to rush all this content out during the holidays when extensive post-release support is required? How are they going to manage this? For both versions of WoW.

3. They are also releasing the content on the eve of the most anticipated game in many years (Cyberpunk). Despite the contrary, there is crossover between WoW and Cyberpunk and there is also crossover between Classic and Retail. This will also result in almost no media exposure for WoW. Mixing the three together, plus whatever else is being released, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

What is going on at Blizz HQ right now? Why are they so hellbent on getting this all out by Q4 2020? Is the Activision Blizzard situation that dire? Or are they banking on Cyberpunk getting delayed once again?
    If you cared to read the front page:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I think delaying raids til jan would be just as bad. would get even more hate “OMG, we hit 60 then have to wait 2 months to do content wtf blizzard”. It’s a no win situation. If they delayed ONLY mythic, then farming heroic for several weeks before mythic, will ruin mythic
    Honestly, this pretty much nails it. We do "try to" avoid these conflicts whenever possible, and the ideal answer would have been to release the game, well... right about now, but it just wasn't ready.

Launching but delaying the raid further would ruin overall pacing; delaying the whole game to avoid the Mythic conflict wouldn't be right for everyone who's been patiently waiting. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    The only crossover between Cyberpunk and WoW is that they’re both video games with an RPG element. That’s literally it.
    No one I know cares at all about cyberjunk. Not one person.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty dumb thing to do.

I bought in at 50 and sold at 70. Not dumb when there's hundreds of other growth stocks primed for recovery after COVID.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    heck, selling in 2018 and rebuying in mid 2019 would've been the best move he could make. so if anything, you're pretty dumb for not being able to read financial reports and making blanket, idiotic statements.
    "He could have done something else entirely, so what he did was not stupid!"
    That's not how that works, but I guess you made an okay attempt at a Strawman. He sold entirely and said he was done with ATVI and prices tanked so he was glad he got out. I called that a stupid thing to do and pointed out that ATVI is close to its all time high. Selling at a high and rebuying has fuck all to do with anything, because it's not what he did, nor is it what I called stupid.

he sold his shares years ago, implying at least 2. looking at the graph you provided, it's likely he missed out on some growth, but otherwise sold at the right time.
    edit:

here is an edited image that shows where the stock currently sits and a black line showing the cut off for profits and losses over the time period. maybe you'll see what i mean if i make it obvious for you.
    That graph doesn't end at Oct 30, 2020, buddy. There is nothing, nothing to indicate Activision Blizzard is suddenly going to go out of business or stop their continual output of profitable products.

This is what that chart is going to look like in 5 years, global economic events aside:

Because that is what every stock for a solid, product-based company that isn't going anywhere anytime soon does. They creep up, spike, drop to a midpoint in that net increase, then increase again to a new height. Selling because there was a drop was a stupid thing to do, because ATVI is only going to go up long term, because despite your weird personal baggage or dislike for them, Activision Blizzard is an extremely profitable company that consistently puts out products people buy.

That graph doesn't end at Oct 30, 2020, buddy. There is nothing, nothing to indicate Activision Blizzard is suddenly going to go out of business or stop their continual output of profitable products.

This is what that chart is going to look like in 5 years, global economic events aside:
    considering the future HASN'T HAPPENED YET, no, the graph DOES end at oct, 2020. besides, did you even think about what you typed? "this is what that chart is going to look like in 5 years, global economic events aside"? you do realize no company exists in a bubble, right? events are part of predicting when to sell. if stocks would grow perpetually, why would ANYONE sell stock EVER? you want to take a hammer to stock trading logic but that isn't how that works. there is finesse and skill to being a good stock trader. that's why people hire and consult with stock traders for advice.

also, even if we went with your asinine idea of a company never being impacted by any event ever, nothing can grow infinitely. eventually a cap has to be hit. it gets took big for meaningful growth. what you want is fantasy. just because blizzard makes fantasy games doesn't mean their stock follows fantasy rules.

you need to get that through your thick skull.

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    I bought in at 50 and sold at 70. Not dumb when there's hundreds of other growth stocks primed for recovery after COVID.
    I mean, kinda dumb when you pulled out with no knowledge of COVID, and could have sold right now at 75. Of course there are other things to invest in, that is literally always the case in every investment. That doesn't change that you saw a small downturn, misjudged what was happening and prematurely sold a stock that is more valuable now than when you sold, and only going to increase in value over the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    considering the future HASN'T HAPPENED YET
    Oh, I see. You don't actually understand what investment is.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No one I know cares at all about cyberjunk. Not one person.
    I didn't even know what it was before this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Nov 23 - Shadowlands
    Dec 3 - Naxx
    Dec 8 - Shadowlands raid and season 1

*snip because nonsense*
    You'll be okay.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Content releases at any time in the year
    Mmo-champion forums: "OMG it's rushed they're doing it for the investors!"

Or it could be that it's now the right time to release it.

10+ Year Old Account

<snip>

What is going on at Blizz HQ right now? Why are they so hellbent on getting this all out by Q4 2020? Is the Activision Blizzard situation that dire? Or are they banking on Cyberpunk getting delayed once again?
    Being pedantic: It's not before Q4. It's in the middle of it.

Given your previous thread about how long BFA has been "dragging on" one would imagine that you would have no quarrel with it releasing now. Besides this is a false framing and entirely hypocritical given that. It doesn't matter very much exactly when a WoW expansion is released. Over the longer run of six months or so, it will generate roughly the same number of sales. This may be the exception--I only say 'may' due to preorders--but in fact it's out in time for Christmas. That will generate more before the end of the quarter but from a player's standpoint it's difficult to imagine that it's going to impact sales over the first two quarters it's out. But for a game that's now at 9.0, you're either in or out at this point.

Your previous thread in case you've forgotten: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...history-of-WoW

Hypocritical as I said. Never mind you're saying that an expansion that was delayed a month is being rushed out.

Lastly: They don't give two shits about Cyberpunk's release date given what I've said above. People will buy it or not eventually. Many already have.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-10-31 at 06:20 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    Content releases at any time in the year
    Mmo-champion forums: "OMG it's rushed they're doing it for the investors!"

Or it could be that it's now the right time to release it.
    Oi! Who said you were allowed to use logic and reasoning here! Those two concepts are banned on this board!

They’re aware that the USA will likely be in an all out civil war by January, so they wanna give us some nice goodies to enjoy before we get yeeted by pink haired zoomers
    I laughed so hard. Kudos to you.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Yeah I can't see that ever happening. 1) Because I think people are too lazy for a war. Back in the day, the Civil War and American Revolution days, young people didn't have shit else to do but work and horseplay compared to todays youth that can make money online posting 15s clips of them doing something dumb. There are of course people that would fight but between low numbers and point #2 I just can't see any organized force being made from todays society. 2) whatever side the military is on wins
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself