Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Multiboxing is still not agaisnt tos

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318925/...to-prevent-bot

Just don't use the software anymore. Still ez gold.

Thank you blizzard.

Multiboxing is okay, but we'll see less of it now, the so called "bots" who used software like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318925/...to-prevent-bot

Just don't use the software anymore. Still ez gold.

Thank you blizzard.
    Ah yes, because every multiboxer has this set-up:

Spoiler alert: They don't.

Seriously if you think most multiboxers if not nearly all were not using software IDK what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yes, because every multiboxer has this set-up:

The salt is real. A little more of a start up cost. Oh no.... ill still be making gold friend.

[/img]

If they can afford 10 wow subscribtions, they can afford 10 pc mice and keyboards

The salt is real. A little more of a start up cost. Oh no.... ill still be making gold friend.
    Where's the salt? I'm just calling out your ridiculous "multiboxing isn't dead" fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    If they can afford 10 wow subscribtions, they can afford 10 pc mice and keyboards
    Uh, what...?

Now that is just pathetic lol

Where's the salt? I'm just calling out your ridiculous "multiboxing isn't dead" fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, what...?
    Its literally not dead. Slightly less convenient and anyone that wants to can still do it.

I wouldn't assume any method, whether hardware or software, is safe anymore. It's not worth losing your account over. The true masters will be very quick with the alt-tabs, however.

Unless you plan on lining up a row of these guys?

Its literally not dead. Slightly less convenient and anyone that wants to can still do it.
    "Slightly less convenient" is a gross oversimplification of Blizzard's intention with this change. It's not "dead" but this will have a dramatic impact on its prevalence and pretending otherwise is pretty dishonest.

And 20 hands, right?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I wouldn't assume any method, whether hardware or software, is safe anymore. It's not worth losing your account over. The true masters will be very quick with the alt-tabs, however.

Unless you plan on lining up a row of these guys?

Don't multibox/bot on your main account... problem solved.

Just like how anyone who still want to bot/mod/hack can still do it?
    Doesn't mean they aren't going to get warnings/bans. I honestly don't know what your point is. They just said they are going to treat multiboxing as an actionable offense and here you are telling us that people who STILL want to do it can still do it? Don't you think that's beyond the point here?

10+ Year Old Account
    They selling those for wow tokens now?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Just like how anyone who still want to bot/mod/hack can still do it?
    Doesn't mean they aren't going to get warnings/bans. I honestly don't know what your point is. They just said they are going to treat multiboxing as an actionable offense and here you are telling us that people who STILL want to do it can still do it? Don't you think that's beyond the point here?

Um no......Straight from a blue post earlier:

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.

Multiboxing is NOT AGAINST THE TOS. Using 3rd party software to do so IS however.

If OP wants to be that guy with 20 druids on 20 accounts and tab through each and every single one of them when he finds a herb, let him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Multiboxing is NOT AGAINST THE TOS. Using 3rd party software to do so IS however.
    It's amazing to me how so many people don't get this simple differentiation.

Don't multibox/bot on your main account... problem solved.
    People like you are why Blizzard is now taking action. You're literally encouraging people to bot.

Just don't use the software anymore.
    So multiboxing is against the ToS.

What is still not against the ToS is playing more than one account, and given millions of accounts are played simultaneously every day - that isn't surprising.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.