Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If you rely on raider io so much at least know it's not complete

I've been accused of being low level in that (if that should be an accusation and not just information) more times that I can count now (ok it's 5). The problem is that that addon does not automatically update the progress of people (you have to re-download it on a new version and half the people seem to not understand that) and it's also very incomplete because it does not cover well what it claims to cover especially because in several occasions it fails to report the main's progress and the alt may show low experience because of that.

I don't personally use R.IO, but I've been told by friends that I have a low score, even though I've been pushing 15 and higher for ages now of any and all dungeon on the same character for most of the expansion, so I've just come to the conclusion that the addon is flawed in more ways than one.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I think it's every players responsibilty to update their alts on raider.io to link them to main as well as keeping the database up to date for it to work properly. If you don't... sure, it shows wrong information but others can only go by the information provided not "i'm good trust me, it's not updated".

There is a raider.io client that does this automatically for you, except the alt linking which you have to do once per alt.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Sounds like you don't know how Rio works.

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it the best way to progress m+ without friends/guild? Hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Sounds like you don't know how Rio works.
    It seems you didn't read the OP. This is about me understanding perfectly it's incomplete, and buffoons calling your io level low because they can't even update an addon when you have updated your character for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It seems you didn't read the OP. This is about me understanding perfectly it's incomplete, and buffoons calling your io level low because they can't even update an addon.
    Isn't that a good thing tho, why would you want to play with buffoons who can't even update an addon?

Thread looks like a blog post.

It seems you didn't read the OP. This is about me understanding perfectly it's incomplete, and buffoons calling your io level low because they can't even update an addon when you have updated your character for weeks.
    R.io literally tells you to update and it doesnt show the score after a few days, enough with this dumb stuff on here.

R.io isnt perfect but it also isnt made for the 99% of the game population, they just use it wrong as with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    why would you want to play with buffoons who can't even update an addon?
    Go google what a strawman argument is. You seem to fail with that fallacy.
    Nobody here wants to play with those idiots.

Go google what a strawman argument is. You seem to fail with that fallacy.
    Nobody here wants to play with those idiots.
    then why do you whine about people claiming your io score is low? those are the idiots, even though you try hard to catch up.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    R.io isnt perfect but it also isnt made for the 99% of the game population
    For some usages it's very problematic. For example I was looking for people for a heroic Ny'alotha.
    Well I was getting tons of alts from >=5/12mythic people and they didn't have their alts in it.

Raider who now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

raider.io is something dickheads use/abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I think it's every players responsibilty to update their alts on raider.io to link them to main as well as keeping the database up to date for it to work properly. If you don't... sure, it shows wrong information but others can only go by the information provided not "i'm good trust me, it's not updated".

There is a raider.io client that does this automatically for you, except the alt linking which you have to do once per alt.
    This, so much this.

The addon is working pretty much 100%. If you are a alt you need to do M+ (i think its 2, correct me if im wrong) to be able to show it and then you can link your main character to that alt on raider.io website.

Its really, really easy. And its updates automatically, if not, then just go ahead and update it manually. I mean, there is a lot of ppl to choose from usually, shall we just go with "i have no idea how to update this addon".

Then its your problem, not others.

If people didn't update their addon for a few days then it will automatically stop showing its data and tell them to update.

If people tell you your score is low even though it isn't then that means you got your score in the last few days. It's literally a problem that will go away with time (a few days). It's a nonissue.

Rio is complete, if addon is not up to date is it no complete?
    Details needs updating occasionally, is that not complete?
    You have to set up your charcter to show up as a an alt too.

So you say addon is not complete while you don't really know how it works. Or how addons work in the first place?
    Also if people don't update their addons for long amount of time it's their loss as they miss on people who have good score in current time.

OP got declined, got salty and wrote a blog post. What do you want us to do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I don't personally use R.IO, but I've been told by friends that I have a low score, even though I've been pushing 15 and higher for ages now of any and all dungeon on the same character for most of the expansion, so I've just come to the conclusion that the addon is flawed in more ways than one.
    Well, idk how to break this to you but +15 isn't high, especially in prepatch. I've only been pugging m+ in prepatch and it was np to do every key on 24+. Considering how many people are playing 30+ your score is probably pretty low.

jeeze op you must have the worst times playing this game.
    like 5 threads a day complaining about something.
    maybe it’s time to find a new game, and a new fan site for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    jeeze op you must have the worst times playing this game.
    like 5 threads a day complaining about something.
    maybe it’s time to find a new game, and a new fan site for that game.
    Checked this and this is true

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Well, idk how to break this to you but +15 isn't high, especially in prepatch. I've only been pugging m+ in prepatch and it was np to do every key on 24+. Considering how many people are playing 30+ your score is probably pretty low.
    Timing all dungeons at +15 means you are already in the top 10% of mythic+ players. Yeah it's easy and low score looking at from a +24 player, doesn't mean it is looking at from the average dungeoneer.

The problem is that that addon does not automatically update the progress of people (you have to re-download it on a new version and half the people seem to not understand that)
    Yes, there are no automatic daily updates, but it does warn the users about stale data.