Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Seems like multibox-software developers are adapting to the changes and not shutting down, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Nothing.

Or just running multiple clients in VMs.

Or just getting a hardware multiplexer to make one single hardware keyboard broadcast 5 signals (would require a hub to plug them all in).

This is seriously such a non-issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, not too smart, are you?

Even Blizz said Multi-boxing is still totally legit.

You just cant use key-broadcast software to control all the clients at once (apparently because said software was being used by Bot developers to allow them to skip doing a lot of work.... but the bot devs already showed that all they had to do was like.... do that work instead of using the key broadcast software as a crutch).

But you can use a hardware multiplexer.

If you were good with a soldering iron (and patient) you could legit build a keyboard where each key had 5 separate leads and 5 USB control boards, and would therefore be seen as 5 keyboards.

You can still use multiple machines if you want.

Hell, you could even stil use the key broadcast software, if you want... you'd just have to run all 5 clients in VMs. Warden is never running on your core OS install, so it cant take exception to the software, because that software isn't on the VMs. That'd take you about an hour to set up, tops. Itll hurt performance (only one VM will be able to use the dGPU), but the other 4 you're going to have minimized anyway. If they run at 10fps, who cares.

Multiboxing wasn't banned, and it isnt cheating, despite your spasms.
    They never said anything about multiboxing. They responded to a thread about input broadcasting and said ban the cheaters. Why don't you actually read their post before trying to insult somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    this is a GREAT THING!

Cheaters need to be burned to the ground. Take their accounts. delete them! I LOVE IT!!
    Multi-boxers are not cheaters!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post

Seems like multibox-software developers are adapting to the changes and not shutting down, though.
    This is great!
    This hatred against a minority is abominable. Multi boxing is harmless. Possible problems lie elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This is great!
    This hatred against a minority is abominable. Multi boxing is harmless. Possible problems lie elsewhere.
    Yeah its a bit petty and silly, what if AH-software like TSM or Auctionator would get banned? I mean those who learn how to utilize those addons have an unfair advantage against the majority of the playerbase, dont they? Its not that far off as a comparison in my opinion at least.

Yeah its a bit petty and silly, what if AH-software like TSM or Auctionator would get banned? I mean those who learn how to utilize those addons have an unfair advantage against the majority of the playerbase, dont they? Its not that far off as a comparison in my opinion at least.
    You are absolutely right. It are always the incapable losers or begrudger(?envious people) who scream the loudest for prohibitions. They should learn how to play.
    Last edited by jk1895; 2020-11-07 at 08:21 AM.

If they keep making workarounds Blizzard will eventually ban multi-boxing altogether mark my words. The health of the game is more important in the long run than the tiny they make off the multi-boxers.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-11-07 at 03:43 PM.

You are absolutely right. It are always the incapable losers or begrudger(?envious people) who scream the loudest for prohibitions. They should learn how to play.
    These people are likely to just have been trying to farm herbs, and turned angry once they seen a pack of druids farm more efficient.

I've seen that too, and moved on. But now Blizzard has decided to make life harder for these people for some reason.
    Maybe its a way for them to try to balance out the in-game economy, in contrary to goldsinks they do this to make everything more expensive in-game in turn, in a way to make gold more valuable, and incenticize people to go to the shop and buy the wow-token instead of farming the gold themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those people who are running 10-20 accounts for multiboxing will just use hardware instead of software, it won't change much
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The phrasing they used was quite interesting to be honest. Hopefully Blizzard will stand their ground with this and not give in. I'm tired of slaps on the wrist. Personally I just want to see bots taken down all across the board. It's so bad and just wait until the launch of SL it'll get way out of hand.

I personally don't care if some person is playing 40+ characters but once they're cheating they're going all in. It usually ends with "oh but I have a family and a job wah wah" and then they let their bots farm for hours at a time. If the player is *playing* their characters just like everyone else I'm fine with that. But it's rarely that simple because it's a boring chore hence people look to bots to do the boring work for them.

Blizzard could at any time lock the amount of clients allowed to be played at one time. That would help weed out the nobodies but wouldn't touch those who have a lot of rigs up. My point is it all comes down to how serious blizzard is. Right now it feels like they're barely on the line.

15+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Multiboxers on some premium copium

The victim complex from people that crash server markets, render everything bar the most exclusive items valueless and stand around behaving like goldbots keeping questhubs empty of mobs is some high tier cope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Its not cheating. It’s just having the skill to play 2 accounts at once. So now If I wanna play 2 toons at once I will just have to not use a key input but I can still use /follow which when Qing for a dung now instead of 2 characters doing damage it will just be one. I feel like this is too little too late the damage has been done to the economy just like in wod the people that didn’t do it suffer. I wish they did this before removing the brontosaurus mount.
    Thats the way i used to do it back in vanilla. /follow. I dont have a problem with that. as long as people are actually playing both toons, have at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Nothing.

Or just running multiple clients in VMs.

Or just getting a hardware multiplexer to make one single hardware keyboard broadcast 5 signals (would require a hub to plug them all in).

This is seriously such a non-issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, not too smart, are you?

Even Blizz said Multi-boxing is still totally legit.

You just cant use key-broadcast software to control all the clients at once (apparently because said software was being used by Bot developers to allow them to skip doing a lot of work.... but the bot devs already showed that all they had to do was like.... do that work instead of using the key broadcast software as a crutch).

But you can use a hardware multiplexer.

If you were good with a soldering iron (and patient) you could legit build a keyboard where each key had 5 separate leads and 5 USB control boards, and would therefore be seen as 5 keyboards.

You can still use multiple machines if you want.

Hell, you could even stil use the key broadcast software, if you want... you'd just have to run all 5 clients in VMs. Warden is never running on your core OS install, so it cant take exception to the software, because that software isn't on the VMs. That'd take you about an hour to set up, tops. Itll hurt performance (only one VM will be able to use the dGPU), but the other 4 you're going to have minimized anyway. If they run at 10fps, who cares.

Multiboxing wasn't banned, and it isnt cheating, despite your spasms.
    man, your not too smart are you.... obviously Im not talking about anyone playing legally.

although what you describe would be a gray area in my eyes, i dont know if Blizz would even be able to tell the difference. But, if you are doing something that mimics the programs they are banning, dont be mad if you get mistaken for it and banned also.

Finally after so many years

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

This is great!
    Im not talking about multi boxing....damn, all you guys cheating will just find anyway you can to keep doing it. have at it. they will adapt the rules and keep banning. I hope they get ALL of the people cheating. fuck those people. they cant compete on an even playing field. they are sad little men!

- - - Updated - - -

a think its great that these guys announce this ahead of time, so Blizz can get ahead of it and figure out if they will allow this as well.

I forwarded this to Blizz support as well. this is great.

thanks!

You have forwarded it immediately so that they can check it and ban it if necessary. You are a great denunciator.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have forwarded it immediately so that they can check it and ban it if necessary. You are a great denunciator.
    Thank you!

Im not talking about multi boxing....damn, all you guys cheating will just find anyway you can to keep doing it. have at it. they will adapt the rules and keep banning. I hope they get ALL of the people cheating. fuck those people. they cant compete on an even playing field. they are sad little men!

- - - Updated - - -

a think its great that these guys announce this ahead of time, so Blizz can get ahead of it and figure out if they will allow this as well.

thanks!
    There will always be ways to multibox buddy, players have already found ways to do it without breaking the ToS.

I think you should try and move on and stop caring if Pete enjoys playing with his little 5man druid-squad.

What if you use driver software that came with your Logitech keyboard or mouse to duplicate key strokes across all running programs? Would those be against terms now?

Face it, its Classic multiboxers toxicity that made blizzard ban multiboxing

- - - Updated - - -

This is great!
    Lol multiboxing is not harmless, drama queen. Also by definition you are cheaters, especially now.