Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    We need a new class with new mechanics for a Void theme. Shadowpriest is just not enough when the Light has 5 specs to represent.

Here is me hoping the whole Night Warrior arc will produce a new class. There is no playable representation of that either.
    Shadow Magic has 3 specs that use it Shadow Priest, Affliction Warlocks and Subtlety Rogues, theres also Discipline Priests who have a fair selection of Shadow spells at their disposal so thats 3 and a half specs for shadow repesentation,

If we're taking overrepresentation of cosmic forces in the classes Life/Nature magic has Druids, Shamans and Monks (Chi is just the pandaren word for spirit the same energy Shamans use and they have abilities that invoke the august celestials who are wild gods) who all utilize life/nature magic in some form. Meaning nature magic gets 10 specs to repesent it while most only get 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    umm... a typical commonplace archer/hunter can't do any of the Warcraft 3 Dark Ranger skills
    Which Dark Ranger in WoW has all those abilities ? Warcraft 3 was a different type of game. I don't think a 24 sec AoE silence would be balanced in WoW but Hunters do have silencing shot. For the Dark Ranger theme it's unfortunate that Blizzard removed Black Arrow but I just like to imagine they collectively decided to currently not use it, or developed more powerful abilities and they must have sold Life Drain to Warlocks

I think WoW can use another ranged weapon class and I like the Dark Ranger theme, but I when I think of Dark Rangers I think of a mobile ranged class and that niche is currently covered by the Hunter class.

When Blizzard adds a class to WoW they want it to have a different play-style from existing classes/specs. They don't just add classes just for themes or flavors. A Necromancer class was considered for Classic but dropped because it would end up too similar to a Warlock (imps vs skeletons, etc...).
    Ranger

I don't think players will like it if a Dark Ranger class is added which ends up being a caster with a bow as in required to stand still while casting their shots (while Hunters are running around them and disengaging all the time casting theirs).

I guess is depends on what you want expect of a Dark Ranger class. Do you expect a Ranger with a Dark theme or a Dark class with a Ranger theme.
    "I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird." -- Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The theme and general aesthetics of the Night Warrior lean heavily towards the Void, which is often associated with the stars, space, the unknown. Just look at the well in which Tyrande ascended to Night Warrior:

As well the powers Tyrande and Alleria wield are not so different. They are divine powers, that are very hard to control and can become very dangerous if left unchecked. Many night elves are worried that Tyrande might be overwhelmed by the raw energy she has absorbed. She is, after all, a host for Elune's power, and Elune is a deity.
    Wish ideas like this were more popular. Too tired of people regorgitating stuff about Tinkers, class skins, generic 4th specs or the shallow argument that goes "WoW doesn't need new things, just better balance".

On the other hand, they need to thing about that there are fantasies that lack presentation. For example the Void being stuck into one spec or the Night Warrior having NOTHING close to a playable presentation.

Night Warrior could serve the role of a Void/Shadow flavored Paladin that may be important in the coming expansions. Also the Umbral theme is the epitome of Light/Void balance.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Wish ideas like this were more popular. Too tired of people regorgitating stuff about Tinkers, class skins, generic 4th specs or the shallow argument that goes "WoW doesn't need new things, just better balance".

On the other hand, they need to thing about that there are fantasies that lack presentation. For example the Void being stuck into one spec or the Night Warrior having NOTHING close to a playable presentation.

Night Warrior could serve the role of a Void/Shadow flavored Paladin that may be important in the coming expansions. Also the Umbral theme is the epitome of Light/Void balance.
    What's wrong with it being an enhanced Priestess of the Moon?