Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    hold a poll for people who still play the game, they'll say they love MoP, and see it as one of the best expansions, if not the best of modern WoW rivaled only by legion.
    I still play the game and I would say that Legion comes on top by far, even if I have rose tinted glasses for TBC/WotLK. MoP had great features, ToT, TI but there was too much goofiness around pandas - few zones went to 12/10 on beer, carrots or rabbits quests and the beer dungeon will be my most hated dungeon in WoW. Overall I only liked Shado-Pan faction, the other pandas were portrayed way too "dumb" for my taste but at the same time they were "educational" which just pissed me off. They could have pulled off some really strong quest lines and made same great villains (Mogu and The bugs could have been made bigger, but even they were portrayed like textbook dumb cartoon level evil powerhungry blocks of stone/bugs who either acted alone or against each other - I know, I know, it was the point, but it it made me feel like I was fighting a ninja turtles side villain)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, Michael Jackson doing his namesake proud and having bad takes that are a decade late again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Real life called, it wanted to check on you:

Statistics and logic tells us that the worst expansion was clearly WoD.

I will say though, the Pandyr concept art looks way cool. They could have used that as a basis for a more gritty Pandaren, which would make perfect sense given the tumultuous nature of their homeland. Instead they went with Kung Fu Panda and all kinds of silliness.... Is that cringe to anyone else?

Edit: What am I saying, it's cringe to just about everyone else.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-11-10 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real life called, it wanted to check on you:

Correlation != causation.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    If you look at the graph the only expansion which had a huge spike was WoD. Ofc we don't see legion or bfa, but there is no huge spike for first 4 expansions. I would think Legion would have have a big spike after the whatever level WoD dropped into but IDK about BfA, as Legion retained a lot of players I started playing with into BfA which would reduce "spike" in BfA (it would look sort of like Mop chart) but that is only speculation
    If I remember correctly (might be wrong I'm getting old) ) blizz did say that Legion had a huge spike, still, all expansions have a spike (huge might been a big word for me to use) problem with WOD is that it had the worst drop out of any expansions we know so far (i do think BFA have it worst but its an opinion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So Pandyr are angry looking Pandaran with fangs? Why on earth would we need those and why would this be a perfect time to introduce them? They don't fit in anywhere.
    Because "reeeeeeee pandas" is still a 'hot take' on this forum, just like "reeeee LFR."

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think Pandyr would make a cool allied race.
    Eh. I mean, maybe? It's just pandaren and dwarves mushed together. Aesthetically cool but the niche is already well-populated by the dwarves and vrykul, the latter of whom I'd like to see playable sometime. Would rather the pandaren allied race be furbolgs. Slim down the bellies, replace the heads, and give brown/black/white/red fur options. Furbolgs already have a pretty strong connection to the night elves, and the Darkshore and Ashenvale tribes almost certainly have something to say about the War of Thorns and the burning of Teldrassil.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked WOD, but does that make it best or worst to me or to others?
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Pandas aren’t a great race, and yet you think vampire pandas is a better idea... they are worse.

Also MoP is far from the worst expansion. It’s fondly remembered by many people. As for loss of subs, yeah what was Warcraft going to do after it mined its best story line for an expansion? Cats didn’t go over all that great partially because deathwing made for a bad antagonist. If anything MoP would be better received now as it was a bit of a return to the adventurer play style that people love in WoW and not the usual champion/hero of the horde/high commander of Azeroth blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Glormon View Post
    See if this was all the OP attempted, a lot less of us would be focused on his convoluted thoughts on Mists and more on what Pandyr could bring.
    Thanks man, at least I tried to bring us back on track ! *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Eh. I mean, maybe? It's just pandaren and dwarves mushed together. Aesthetically cool but the niche is already well-populated by the dwarves and vrykul, the latter of whom I'd like to see playable sometime. Would rather the pandaren allied race be furbolgs. Slim down the bellies, replace the heads, and give brown/black/white/red fur options. Furbolgs already have a pretty strong connection to the night elves, and the Darkshore and Ashenvale tribes almost certainly have something to say about the War of Thorns and the burning of Teldrassil.
    If Pandyr are too dwarven for you, I could ask you why you want to have pandaren night elves. They are the least complex race in the universe. They are weak and pathetic every time we see them. They are more corruptible than murlocs and their sexual dimorphism is nonexistent.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Cool concept art but mop was the best expansion out there aside from wotlk.

It's called statistics and logic, it powers the very tool you're using to question the relevance of statistics and logic.
    Is that how graphs work? I mean the start of the decline was early Cata and the lowest point was on WoD, MoP happens to be in the middle of that. If anyhting, I'd say MoP made the sub bleed slower.

Pandyr are just Pandaren. They're the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Follow your logic WOD was the worst expansion if you go by subs, what's your point?
    And WotLK sucked becasue if failed to grow the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavey View Post
    I just can't wait till we can have 1/2 and 1/2 races of characters, I seriously think that WoW has an almost eugenic world view.
    Or maybe lots of different species can't mate and breed?

Must be one on the other side, it was one of my favorite. Then again I don’t mind the panda people, others seem to loose their mind over them in a bad way

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Cool concept art but mop was the best expansion out there aside from wotlk.
    Gotta agree.
    And we had so much to do on that expansion. And as I recall they kept adding more to it every month or so it seemed.

No, nothing more pandas ever again pls. Let's just try at least to pretend this joke of a race doesnt exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    No, nothing more pandas ever again pls. Let's just try at least to pretend this joke of a race doesnt exist.
    You spelled "vulpera" wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That isn't why they stopped giving sub numbers. They told you why and that was because it was no longer an adequate indicator of game health.
    Right, I totally believe that too, wink wink.