Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    He literally told her that his soul would go to the Shadowlands to be reunited with Sylvanas. Why not just cut his arms off and take him prisoner? Tie a rock to him and drop him in the South Sea. He's undead, he'd be eliminated as a threat. Hell, she could hire a gnome to launch him into space. Or hand him off to the Wardens.

Better idea, give him to the Illidari and have them consume his soul to power the Fel Hammer or something.
    At this point only Nathanos, Sylvanas, and Bolvar know about SL.

I was under the assumption she did it purposely. He told Tyrande that she'd be sending him right back to his lady. I took her killing him as her sending Sylvanas a message, like "Good, tell her I'm coming and there's nowhere she can run from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because this isn't an 18+ game and the idea of the good guys torturing someone isn't accepted.

Everyone keeps mentioning all these different ways to cut his arms or his head or his legs but people dont realize this isnt God of War.
    Except for that one quest in WotLK that literally has the player character torture an enemy mage...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    It actually makes sense, yeah. I guess she just couldn't hold herself and we have to think she's going crazy from anger and guilt.
    Another strong woman who lost everything and is somehow treated as a psycho and the villain, how original.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He said "beyond the veil she shattered".

Literally no one knows what that is at this moment besides Bolvar who we haven't contacted yet.

For all she knew, he was bluffing and just mocking her with the idea of "killing me just helps me get to her!".

It seems to be forgotten at times that we know more than the actual characters in the game know, but it is repeated many times that no one even knows why the scourge is going crazy or what's going on right now.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Shadows Rising novel happens BEFORE that scene. In that novel it says that Bolvar already saw the Sylvanas, he also saw when she was talking with the Nathanos. I am pretty sure that he alredy informed Horde and Alliance because it actually took time for Blightcaller to get to EK. I mean flying necropoly and the whole Ebon Blade is probably faster... especially when you don't have to hide that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    i doubt the writers are smart enough to have thought of that. either way, the lead writer uses nathanos to fulfill his fantasies with that dead hag so obviously nothing is gonna happen to prevent that
    Isn't the main writer a dude named Christie Golden.. and also a girl?

I think it's a compromise as always. They want to foreshadow Tyrande playing an important role, display her new powers but also they want to have Nathanos function as a recognizable raid boss at some point. Have Tyrande kill him off and forebode that he will be sent to the Shadowlands.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice spoiler in the title...
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

2 possible reasons:
    1). She just wants to lash out for what happened to her people and home. Even knowing what he said she still reacted by killing him for a bit of revenge.
    2). Knowing and realizing he will be revived allows her a chance to do it again, as well as letting Sylvanas know that her most trusted and favored ally failed her and, possibly, didn’t finish what he was meant to do on Azeroth.
    I’m sure there are other reasons people can think of, just pulling out the 2 best sounding head cannon ones I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    At this point only Nathanos, Sylvanas, and Bolvar know about SL.
    Dunno about that. To see the cinematic you have to complete the quest to kill him. To get said quest you have to speak to Shaw who shows you what happened.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

That would make sense.
    Angry people don't make sense tho. or don't think clear/rational.
    Also chances are that her death chickens could have just joinked him out of a prison

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Another strong woman who lost everything and is somehow treated as a psycho and the villain, how original.
    Well, she was a strong woman. Then she became a vengeance seeking, grief stricken woman who needs outside help to overcome her anguish. She is also shown to no longer be level headed as she is putting her revenge above the greater good by refusing to help the war effort with the Alliance, which would actually probably bring her closer to Sylvanas, than her solo minded pursuit of revenge. She’s basically a female Genn at this point. She can, and should, be written better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Well, she was a strong woman. Then she became a vengeance seeking, grief stricken woman who needs outside help to overcome her anguish. She is also shown to no longer be level headed as she is putting her revenge above the greater good by refusing to help the war effort with the Alliance, which would actually probably bring her closer to Sylvanas, than her solo minded pursuit of revenge. She’s basically a female Genn at this point. She can, and should, be written better.
    She just saw her city, everything she had built and achieved in the last decade, erased in front of her eyes, and you tell me she should NOT feel vengeance? Pff.

I completely despise this narrative that we are now shaming a woman for wanting revenge after she lost everything. I thought the community learned from Jaina, but apparently they didn't.

This is clearly a community problem. Blizzard found it weird how some people thought Jaina was evil, as she was completely justified in her desire for vengeance. Tyrande is no different.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Why? To give the Nelf fanbase some sort of revenge. Purely that.

Doesn't matter that Tyrande played right into his hands.

Rule of Cool matters more than logic, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because she acts like a child since bfa. Just look at her scene in the last book, if ya need more of that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

She just saw her city, everything she had built and achieved in the last decade, erased in front of her eyes, and you tell me she should NOT feel vengeance? Pff.
    The tree should've never been created so a wrong was corrected by burning it down. The Night Elves deserved it by going along with Staghelm not accepting mortality. The arrogance.

Did I ever state that? I implied it has completely replaced her character and has become her one defining trait. They took away all her character and made her one dimensional. So, to restate it, she can and should be written better.

People are so negative in this thread.

Tyrande is full of hate and loathing for this man. I was surprised she even managed to hold back her rage long enough to interrogate him. Even her normal self would have killed this man, and right now she's overflowing with the vengeance of the Night Warrior.

Sure, he argues his death doesn't matter. And we know about the Shadowlands and how it works. She does not. Even if she did, it still removes him from Azeroth. Either way, there's no way she wasn't going to cut his throat with him taunting her into even more rage.

I mean, even Nathanos knew she was gonna do it. You think he would have tried hurting her emotionally like that, if he thought he might wiggle himself out of that situation alive? He's an asshat, but he's not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Did I ever state that? I implied it has completely replaced her character and has become her one defining trait. They took away all her character and made her one dimensional. So, to restate it, she can and should be written better.
    What should be her one defining trait, if not the desire for vengeance after losing literally everything? Which is made even worse by Nathanos literally laughing like a maniac at the countless innocents who burned to ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    You're right it's not an 18+ game. That's why we can't tactically cripple Nathanos, but we can SPLAT a couple hundred worgen in Silverpine Forest with guns.

The funnier thing is, the way they portrayed that entire cinematic, especially Nathanos' corpse at the end, she very likely actually decapitated him, otherwise, if anything 'super PG' happened, they didn't need to hide anything above his neckline.

You're right in the sense that it's not an 18+ game. That doesn't seem to stop somebody at Blizzard to once in a while make it seem like they'd probably want it to be one, even if just for the few story moments where it'd make sense for some shades of grey.
    Or throw an ogre to the propeller blades of the airship like in cata

10+ Year Old Account

I completely despise this narrative that we are now shaming a woman for wanting revenge after she lost everything. I thought the community learned from Jaina, but apparently they didn't.

This is clearly a community problem. Blizzard found it weird how some people thought Jaina was evil, as she was completely justified in her desire for vengeance. Tyrande is no different.
    Always nice seeing Captain SJW out and about.. oh wait.

Literally nobody is shaming Tyrande because ''HURR DURR SHE ARTH WHAMEN!!!1111''. I hate/hated Genn for the exact same reason - wanting war out of nothing but sheer rage and vengeance, and wastes the lives of his people to get it.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2020-11-12 at 10:29 AM.