View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    If only that were true my friend. Let's be realistic here if a hostile foreign power sailed into the port of Dublin, EU territory, who in practice will be first to attempt to repel them? The EU? No of course not. Guess who?

Why do British jets ‘protect’ Irish airspace? (Read EU airspace/borders for all intents and purposes)

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/why-...rish-airspace/

Over land, sea and air as you can see it is the UK who are still, post brexit, masters of EU borders.
    So the UK and Ireland are both members of NATO, whopdidoo. You're not really making any point worthwhile with that observation captain obvious.

All it shows, is that you ran out of arguments, not that you had any to begin with.

Be a man and own your shitshow brexit. This was what you voted for, it was never going to be "good", the remainers realised that from the getgo, idiots like you didnt, and somehow you manage to still not realise it.

We are doing no such thing with Brexit taking back control of all UK borders as the EU continue have no authority over theirs.

The ultimate security of the British Isles, including Ireland and its borders, falls to the UK not the EU. The UK are the protectors and guarantors of the GFA. Only the EU propose a hard border across the middle of Ireland breaking the GFA not the UK and I doubt we will allow the EU permission to do it, and they certainly lack the means or ability to enforce it against our wishes. They are the cold hard facts.

I'm afraid cynical EU attempts to weaponise the GFA as a bargaining chip against the UK in brexit talks were always a non-starter and have failed.
    The EU does not need your permission to set up a border between Ireland and NI what they do on their side of the border is their prerogative, just like the UK's side is up to the UK.

And if you think the UK can/will stop them with veiled threats of military intervention. GL with attacking a NATO member.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The EU does not need your permission to set up a border between Ireland and NI what they do on their side of the border is their prerogative, just like the UK's side is up to the UK.

And if you think the UK can/will stop them with veiled threats of military intervention. GL with attacking a NATO member.
    Well Ireland isn't in NATO for starters, so there's that.

But if that's the EU plan shouldn't they be building border infrastructure, checkpoints and whatnot pronto? Don't they understand the clock is ticking with what 6 and a bit weeks to go? There's a reason EU construction on a North South border has yet to start, the citizens of the British Isles forbid it.

The ball is back in the EU court, what they going to do about it? I saw a rumour today that the Luftwaffe have just placed an order worth £1.3bn to the UK/three cheers for brexit for 38 eurofighter typhoons, is that what they have in mind for them?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Oh wait you hinted at a british invasion of Ireland? Seriously? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA how detached from reality are you. Btw Santa is not real.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Oh wait you hinted at a british invasion of Ireland? Seriously? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA how detached from reality are you. Btw Santa is not real.
    How is that news? How about the Tooth Fairy? And are the village people really gay? Even the Indian?

Dominic Cummings is off soon. Should be an interesting time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The British military isn't run by your average brexiteer on the street, thankfully enough, they're smarter than that.

Dribbles raving about invading Ireland is completely detached from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Dribbles is completely detached from reality.
    Fixed that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Ireland isn't in NATO for starters, so there's that.

But if that's the EU plan shouldn't they be building border infrastructure, checkpoints and whatnot pronto? Don't they understand the clock is ticking with what 6 and a bit weeks to go? There's a reason EU construction on a North South border has yet to start, the citizens of the British Isles forbid it.

The ball is back in the EU court, what they going to do about it? I saw a rumour today that the Luftwaffe have just placed an order worth £1.3bn to the UK/three cheers for brexit for 38 eurofighter typhoons, is that what they have in mind for them?
    I think most EU countries are obligated to defend Ireland in the EU treaty...

Well this is pretty much dribbles

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    He's the hardcore Brexiteer as well. Why would he be so upset at the progress of Brexit? Could Boris be planning to give up pretending to play hardball and cave to the EU requirements? Ask for another extension maybe?

Or is this just the typical Brexiteer; jump ship when it looks likely that the effects of Brexit are going to become apparent, so that they can sit on the sidelines saying that "traitor remainers" are to blame for the failure?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    He's the hardcore Brexiteer as well. Why would he be so upset at the progress of Brexit? Could Boris be planning to give up pretending to play hardball and cave to the EU requirements? Ask for another extension maybe?

Or is this just the typical Brexiteer; jump ship when it looks likely that the effects of Brexit are going to become apparent, so that they can sit on the sidelines saying that "traitor remainers" are to blame for the failure?
    There is nothing to extend. The deadline to ask for an extension passed in July.
    He apparently already dropped hints he wanted to leave by the end of 2020 back in January so this very much smells like a Brexiteer getting off the ship before it runs into the iceberg that he purposefully steered the ship into.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing to extend. The deadline to ask for an extension passed in July.
    He apparently already dropped hints he wanted to leave by the end of 2020 back in January so this very much smells like a Brexiteer getting off the ship before it runs into the iceberg that he purposefully steered the ship into.
    The EU can be very flexible about extending deadlines if the UK sincerely wants it. The UK doesn't though, any negotiations still ongoing is just for the sake of keeping up appearances until January.

While the extension deadline has passed there is nothing to prevent the EU accepting a temporary deal that basically equates to 'carry on as we are' including UK abiding by EU rules and paying in to to EU budget where needed. While that would likely be the sensible choice by the UK given covid19 and the lack of UK preparedness I don't believe Boris is capable of U-turning that far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Cummings leaving is no more than mission accomplished - Brexit done. It isn't a surprise, was hinted at a year ago, and he will retain a desk inside No 10 and the close ear of Boris.

For the same reason it would be no surprise if Boris chose to go within the next year, again he got brexit done. Great and successful people who have done wonderful things for the country can earn far more outside of politics than from within.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Dribbles, spinning abject failure into success.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Dribbles, spinning abject failure into success.
    I'm so glad I have no idea what he's saying.

Haha “I’m such a great politician that I’ll leave, thank you thank you”

Theese people are abandoning ship, because they want nothing to do, with the even bigger shitshow that follows.

Britains brexit endeavours begins in January. Leaving the EU is not the finish line. Securing a well functioning political enviroment and prosperous society is. That goal is a about a decade away tho. These rich people could care less tho, they got what they wanted from it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Haha “I’m such a great politician that I’ll leave, thank you thank you”

Theese people are abandoning ship, because they want nothing to do, with the even bigger shitshow that follows.

Britains brexit endeavours begins in January. Leaving the EU is not the finish line. Securing a well functioning political enviroment and prosperous society is. That goal is a about a decade away tho. These rich people could care less tho, they got what they wanted from it.
    Why stay with a paltry 5 figure salary when you can earn a 7?

Dominic Cummings could make millions

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Cummings.html

It's no more or less than that. Remainers grasping at straws, yet again.

Kenya, really going after those economic powerhouses ey.

So how much of the deal is simply copied from the EPA the EU already negotiated with the East African Community back in 2014 and that Kenya has ratified?
    I'm guessing a lot.
    to be fair, we could import a leader with some sanity from there haha